It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secrets of Coral Castle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ive been amazed by this every since i first herd about it 20 yrs ago
I'm sure you all have herd about this but if anyone has any other info about it please post...

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This was taken from the article:

Even when he moved the entire structure to Homestead, neighbors saw the coral blocks being transported on a borrowed truck, but no one seems to know how Leedskalnin got them on and off the vehicle.

That must have been some truck. Thirty ton coral blocks on a truck! Amazing! Seriously though. I have heard some theory with crystals. I will see if I can find a link.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Some amazing pictures here!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The interesting thing is that after hyping all the mystery and so forth -- they show (on www.coralcastle.com) several photos of Ed with a tripod built of logs and a perfectly ordinary chain-and-pully rig of the sort that people of the early 1900's used to lift stones out of quarries.

He's lifting a pretty hefty coral block with it in the photos.

It reminds me a lot of the way that they constructed drilling rigs (to drill for oil) in the same time period. I wonder if, during his travels, he ever worked as a roughneck (oilfield worker) in some of the wildcat oil fields of Oklahoma and Texas.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hey Byrd, did you go there when you went to Florida? I want to see that place...

Anyway, it looks like the mystery is solved... I'm looking at that picture right now. Doesn't take away that the man was highly skilled though.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
last summer there was a thing on travel channel regarding mysterious subjects like the nazca lines, crystal skulls, and coral castle was also featured.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i'll be visiting Coral Castle in about 3 weeks when i go down to the keys. I can and will take pictures of the place, but if anyone wants me to photo specific features or anything not covered on any websites, just let me know and i will do so.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
No, Banshee, never got down to Coral Castle. One day, perhaps...

Worldwatcher, please do poke around and tell us what you see and what you think! I'm curious to know how big some of the "chairs" and "tables" are... could you really sit at them? Some look like huge features.

(g) It'd also be fun to see some pictures that HAVEN'T been highly color enhanced. I'm betting that the coral isn't purple -- or is it?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Worldwatcher i remember seeing some special on the castle but i dont remember it that well, but there is a really big door that is supposdly balanced so that you can push it with one hand. This door is supposed to be over 1 ton, I just think that it would be a major feet to be able to have it made to do that. If you could get a picture of that it would be great. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
great.. i made note to sit in the big chairs and get a pic of the door in action, i wont be using any special camera, just my reg 35mm, gives me the best pics, then i'll scan them in.

now i am getting anxious and can't wait for this trip.. it seems to be a really cool place from what i've seen in my research, and sine its on the way to our destination, i made sure to include it, what amazes me is that the guy did it all single handed just for love....if any one thinks of anything else in particular, let me know

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
2 Bible Code Website reseachers at www.onealclan.com will be visiting Coral Castle in two weeks. Tney should have photos and insight on their Torah Code site shortly thereafter. (This isn't meant to be advertising a site, just informational.)

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
did ya'll know Billy Idol wrote his song "Sweet Sixteen" about Ed Leedskalnin?

built a moon for a rocking chair, i never guessed it would
rock her far from her, oh, oh, oh, oh oh

someone�s built a candy castle for my sweet sixteen
someone�s bulit a candy house to house her in

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
to whoever said these blocks mustve been transported by truck, the blocks are a few tons each, i dont think a truck would be doing all that, there were also reports of children saying they saw him carrying the blocks like balloons

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This whole coral castle is really interesting.
Reminds of medievil stories or older of Merlin etc.
Amazing strength that can be found deep within when you lose a loved one.
Its Almost such a romantic tragic love story.

Sorry for this almost off topic post

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I saw this coral castle few months ago,..in fact the door are 10 tons weight,
this place is strange,..hard to imagin ,one person builded all this itself

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The man was in love and built it for the girl he loved. I think they called her "Sweet Sixteen". Kinda like a Taj Mahal.

I've been to this place years ago.

A few things stand out: there's a spot you can look through a hole in a rock, like a telescope, to see the planets that I thought was kinda neat.

There's also a door- a huge boulder carved into a door, which somehow pivots. During the tour, they said he figured out the ancient Egyptian's methods of weights and balances.

There's also like chairs and a bed carved out of stone.

It's a small place, but if you like unusual stuff, you'll find it inspirational.

Mako

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yes,a wonderful and amazing place,a perfect place to trave.l

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I went to see the Coral Castle several years ago... it's located in a very unassuming area and frankly, in person... didn't look all that impressive. I was kind of disappointed. I mean, I know the 'story' and all... but still... not as 'exciting' as one might hope.. frankly, kind of dinky and hokey.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Cattlespy]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
not going there till August 4th now, we had to change plans to visit the Keys because of relatives visiting and me having to make a teeny trip to Toronto this weekend. whenever i make it there, i'll be sure to post pics of the place and let you know what kind of vibe i get.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here are some photos from Coral Castle, in July 2004.

onealclan0.tripod.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join