It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everyone Just Wants to Kill People at any Cost" soldier accused of killing civilians in Afghani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

One of the five U.S. soldiers accused of murdering Afghan civilians in a grisly case now unfolding in Washington state sent Facebook messages to his father early this year in which he claimed to be mortified that his fellow soldiers had purposely killed a civilian. In the messages, Spc. Adam Winfield also indicated that the murder was an open secret among the members of his platoon, and that no one seemed to think it was a big deal.

"Well, it was two guys who did it actually killed the dude (sic) but the whole platoon knew about it," Winfield wrote to his father. "Theres (sic) no one in this platoon that agrees this is wrong."

"I started to think whether I should quit and just give up because it’s stupid to get smoked in Afghanistan," Winfield wrote. "The Army really let me down when I thought I would come out here to do good maybe make some change in this country I find out that its all a lie (sic)."

"Everyone just wants to kill people at any cost they don't care the Army is full of a bunch of scumbags I realized."

Adam Winfield also wrote that he feared for his own safety if he reported the murder, harkening back to the fragging incidents in Vietnam. "Pretty much the whole platoon knows about it," Winfield wrote about the January killing.
"It's okay with all of them pretty much. Except me," he added. "I want to do something about it the only problem is I don't feel safe here telling anyone."

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
When I was in the military,it was like a contest to see who was the most ruthless between us....

That was 25 years ago,I scored few kills,I don't and never have liked those kind of games.

It's still Murder,whether sanctioned by the government or not.

The $64000 question is,for who?.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I am extremely weary of these accusations about our soldiers killing civillians. Does it happen? Absolutely, though these kinds of accusations seem to be the golden strategy of our enemies. That seems to be their main offensive, a PR battle to break the will of Americans back home and give America and bad reputation around the globe, even worse than what we are doing ourselves.

It's because of this obvious tactic that I look at these accusations with suspicion. Also, in the heat of battle and while fighting an enemy that isn't so well defined, it's inevitable that civillians are going to enter the cross-hairs of our rifles. You can't really blame most of these soldiers, yet their lives are bartered with in some sick political game. You can't make killers out of young boys, then prosicute them when they kill, even when they mistakenly kill a civillian or two.

Now I know that there are some clear cases of unwarranted violence against civillians and those actions do need to be condemned, however that's the kind of thing that happens when you decensatize young men to the value of life and the excitement of violence. I see these cases as a clear break down in leadership, as opposed to the individual soldiers themselves.

All in all, I take these accusations with a handful of salt, as they seem to be a very effective strategy of our enemy. With that being said, I'm under no illusion that it doesn't, only that there are almost always two sides to the story. It is war and war isn't pretty. Of course many of these soldiers will take the fall regardless, as they simply get caught up in the politics of influences that are much bigger than they are and in an ironic twist, the same political influences that sent them out there in the first place.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It does come down to who will lose fluids on the battlefield.

Nobody wants to be the one bleeding there.

Especially the asshole who sent you.

That's why they sent you.

War is by proxy,but the messenger dies....

What exactly is the message you carry?.

I have been trying to figure out what it was,but I cannot explain it to those families I stole from.

Disinfo works on those who believe it,I did once,but no longer.

There is no defense,no justification for taking a life,no matter what those who send you to do so claim.

America is based on freedom,free thinking,the right to refuse following unlawful orders........

But nearly all of you rely on a lawyer to represent you when the brown turns black.

Unentangling alliances would be a good place to begin.

Harumph.

edit on 5-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

As a footnote,I guess....

The only way to assuredly end a war,is to kill civilians,since they are the ones who supply the equipment to wage it...

But how will that turn out since the manufacturing base of the U.S. has been outsourced to foreign countries by corporations?.

Looks like a proxy war between the U.S.,China,and Russia,when viewed from a distance......

How far away are you?.

Realty is best to view from a distance,vengeance is a dish best served cold.

edit on 5-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You wouldn't be saying ANY of that if it were an invading army shooting at YOU on your home turf.

Oh and I love the way you have turned this around to make it look like it's the enemy trying to make American soldiers look like murderers. Do you condone this type of action? Hmmm? How is it the civilians fault if a war comes to his country and then the invaders blow you to bits FOR FUN HMMMMMMMMMM????

It's just plain sickening, more so that there are people trying to defend these murderous 'soldiers'.

top topics

join