It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coldest winter in 1,000 years on its way

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Cool, I would like another winter like last years. Actually I would like it to be a bit better with more snow.
Last years winter was my first snow but we were stuck in a flat, now we have a yard and can enjoy it more.

Bring it on I say.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Out of curiousity, what does this mean for Great Britian (UK)? Would we be affected just as bad?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Cool, I would like another winter like last years. Actually I would like it to be a bit better with more snow.
Last years winter was my first snow but we were stuck in a flat, now we have a yard and can enjoy it more.

Bring it on I say.

I agree, the weather in the UK is blown up into Fear-mongering from MSM (Main Stream Media) and it's irritating because I like a mixture of both warm summer's and very cold winter's with plenty of snow to winge about instead the majority of people from the UK complain about 1 foot of snow. *Laughs*

I have family from America and they live up high in the hills and get plenty of snow like 6-8 feet, i'd love to experience that.

That's why I'm saving up shortly for a truck, it'd be awesome.

I know this part will go off topic but where I live we had major floods and the locals decided to drive a BMW and sank their car and it's a right-off!

If weather continues to be unexpectingly extreme incases of freak-storms then people MAY want to review what vechicles they drive especially if they need to get somewhere like a market for food/water supplies.

Just A Thought, for the open-minded.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We need more of these threads.
It's a cycle! The earth is cooling. People should be aware.. I can only imagine that there are tons of scientists who are already aware, and if you do a quick search in google you will find articles that have been out for quite sometime indicating the same. My go to site is ice age now. Robert Felix is up to the minute on global cooling. He also puts up links if you happen to find one before him.
I love this topic.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
Here we go again, something else to scare people. The fear monger machine is in full motion.

No need to fear natural weather. Instead, be prepared.
Just need to have extra warm clothes, a good battery in the vehicle, and a emergency kit for the vehicle if stuck somewhere - blankets, matches (or lighter), candle will warm a vehicle (don't knock it over!), small pot for melting snow, food, DO NOT LEAVE VEHICLE in extreme cold (-30 or lower). Something to tie around antenna to show that there is a vehicle there if it's snowing hard. Someone will find the car that way and come to your rescue.

JumpingBeanz
Cattle will be fine, as long as they have LOTS of food for their winter weight, and they have access to thawed water. Water freezes very fast at these temperatures, and there is types of water heaters that can be set up right in the water for this purpose. Cattle in cold climates of Canada survive -50 wind chill, as long as they have shelter, thawed available water, and unlimited food.

Short haired and smaller dogs and other pets though, should be brought indoors. They can get frostbite unless they are the big furry types.

Russia is even more used to these extreme colds, than Canada. Russia always has somewhere getting a wind chill of -50 to -60.

On the plus side, when the weather stays -20 celcius or below, there is less snow, and when it does snow, it's a dry snow, so the roads aren't as slippery. It's when it warms up to -15, the roads start to get slippery again, and then you're wishing for colder weather again
-20 to -25 is comfortable.
edit on 5-10-2010 by snowspirit because: to add

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
the geese are already starting to head south, usually they dont start heading out until around november or december. wave after wave you can see and here the day and night, so this really is quite curious.

i remember 15 years ago when the armadillos were making a push heading north as the temperatures were rising, then you would see them frozen in the snow as the temperatures started going back down.

kinda strange, but if you watch the wild animals they will tell you whats up in the world.

and right now it looks for a FREEEEEEZING WINTER...BRRRRRRRR

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would not be surprised if this was true. Why else would weather be acting funny?
Of course no meteorologist on earth can accurately predict what earth is going to do it still makes you wonder why now? Could it be confirming the fact that 2012 is accurate?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Huh, in europe they say. Here in Denmark we got 17 degrees! in october. Yesterday it was up on 20. So I sure dont feel the coldness. Or, the wind for the matter, is really cold. But lets see, maybe it will turn cold here very fast aswell.

Got my gloves ready.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In southeast Texas we've just had a week that already dropped into the 40s at night. A little early. We've also already heard the geese arriving. Very early.

I think it will be a cold winter.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't know about the last couple years because I haven't seen the data, but for the previous 150, the averaged temperature had inched up in a correlative fashion to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, which was correlative to the amount of CO2 released by the burning of fossil fuels. That's science. You can't just say it isn't so because you don't want to believe it, and have some ulterior agenda regarding hatred for the world around you and those that wish to conserve our environment so we all have a nice place to live.

A colder Euro winter does not necessarily indicate a colder earth climate.

I would however be interested to see the last few years data. If it were to indicate (by science) that the earth's climate has decreased in average temperature (I'm dubious), I think many of us would agree that one likely causal factor is the continued use of chemtrails to reflect some of the sunlight.

How exactly do these weather forecasters know it's going to be a brutal winter? I read that they suggested the gulf stream was weaker. The last few winters weren't that far out of the normal range though, from what I can tell. There is a natural variation.

If the gulf stream is suddenly weaker and this is why they are predicting a colder Euro winter, then are they predicting this based upon the same evidence that was discredited as faulty (and/ or hoax) on other threads related to the gulf oil disaster? Or, are in fact, was the gulf stream disrupted after all, and these weather forecasters have better data regarding the gulf disaster?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Well, for what it's worth I live in Washington State and I commented last month on another thread about an unusuall occurance. I was out in the backyard and a flock of Geese flew overhead. I have NEVER seen them here that time of year...and that was a month or so ago. Very, very odd.

I live in a farming community and most everyone I have spoken with are saying the same thing: this is going ot be a bad one. I agree, I can just feel it. That doesn't mean that everyone needs to freak out, just like some other posters have said. It's all about being prepared. If you are, it can be quite fun.

I think the bigger picture here is the impact this sort of weather would have on the areas in the world that are NOT prepared, so a certain percentage of our food source will be hit, causing a rise in prices. Worst case you have mass migrations like outlined in the earlier posted article. So now you have all sorts of other burderns and problems arising that at the least need to be thought about and prepared for just in case they happen. Maybe that is the real reason for the FEMA camps and mass incident drills????

Either way, my family will be prepared for a harsh winter and fortunately we are already rural so can be self-conatined if we need to be. Two large four-wheel vehicles, generator and alternate heat source. Think about this stuff before it happens and it doesn't have to be an emergency. On that note, this past year I started our own flock of chickens and a vegetable/herb garden so I am feeling a little better about the possibility of mass inflation.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I often wonder just what the tsunami moving the earth would do in long term effects. It was said to only move it 1/2 an inch but that is a giant move the farther from the poles if I`m not mistaken. Could this be what we are seeing? And one good thing with colder weather would be less bugs. Canada needs this to happen I believe.

And something I don`t understand is how can we be getting a colder winter when all the other planets are heating up as they say is what`s causing the Global warming? Things don`t match up with what we are told now.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
With the heat wave we had in August in N. Indiana I am wondering what the winter will be like. We are already getting frost at night and we are running the heat now except thru the warm part of the day. I am going outdoors as often as I can because I have a feeling I will be hibernating soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

They can bring it on. I've survived plenty of harsh winters. We in New England are well-prepared for the cold. Can't say the same for the rest of the country!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Star and Flag! They have been discussing possible grit shortages in the UK already ridiculous you'd think they would learn. The worst in a thousand years, they have their warning now get the grit sorted!!!

----------

Fellow enjoyers of snow and harsh weather conditions, I started a thread this evening looking for some help in regards to making my own snow covers for my tyres to improve traction. But as the site has been doing mad stuff tonight it hasn't some up in the new topics section. Hence no one has contributed. That's my excuse anyway.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Latest find about global warming is about global cooling as a topic of ...[snip] "The 58th Bilderberg Meeting will be held in Sitges, Spain 3 – 6 June 2010. The Conference will deal mainly with Financial Reform, Security, Cyber Technology, Energy, Pakistan, Afghanistan, World Food Problem, Global Cooling, Social Networking, Medical Science, EU-US relations." source blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

You obviously have not lived long then. I can personally recall 17ft deep snow in Hampshire just by the coast back in the 1950s and Kent was regularly one of the worst hit areas by snow in the UK. I remember complete trains being buried in snow. EVERY winter we had months of snow (at least 3) and in 1963 it was so cold that the whole of our house was frozen to the extent that no toilets flushed. That lasted 2 months. I can remember waking up with my breath frozen on the blankets as a regular thing and even having a jam jar full of water on the windowsill freeze and split.

We never get to see the patterns of Jack Frost on the windows these days. Also one winter in the 1960s we had about 9 inches of snow, and then 1 inch of solid hail landed and froze hard. So hard that you could stand in it and not go through into the snow below.

You call what you had last winter snow? Sheesh - you wait! As far as I am concerned recent winters have been positively tropical.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
I don't know about the last couple years because I haven't seen the data, but for the previous 150, the averaged temperature had inched up in a correlative fashion to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, which was correlative to the amount of CO2 released by the burning of fossil fuels. That's science. You can't just say it isn't so because you don't want to believe it, and have some ulterior agenda regarding hatred for the world around you and those that wish to conserve our environment so we all have a nice place to live.

:shk: Perhaps before quoting the Global Warmist mantra you should learn about climate and about how CO2 and other greenhouse gasses interact with the atmosphere, and how the calculations by the IPCC were linear models and basically plain inaccurate. You could do worse than to start here - the logarithmic effect of carbon dioxide - and when you have finished that one, and I mean learnt and understood, then come back, and I can keep you going with articles by scientists that do not agree with the mantra for long enough to keep you busy until the world freezes over. Note also that CO2 held level for August - not something the warmist camp will be happy about.

A colder Euro winter does not necessarily indicate a colder earth climate.

You are correct it does not. It is however an indicator when you consider all the other factors, and when you take into account the fact that the recording stations in the colder areas of the world have been excluded and thus the average temperature is actually being promulgated as higher than it is. This of course is necessary in order to tax us for carbon emissions.

I would however be interested to see the last few years data. If it were to indicate (by science) that the earth's climate has decreased in average temperature (I'm dubious), I think many of us would agree that one likely causal factor is the continued use of chemtrails to reflect some of the sunlight.

I don't think you will find that it has cooled, but we are at or past a peak. Wait for the next few years data. Whilst there may be chem-trails (and I make no comment on that) I am not aware of any specific proof that they have been used for this purpose. It certainly has been suggested, and may have been trialled, but SO2 seeding is not as far as I am aware commonplace however I would be pleased to see proof of same (by scientists of course)

How exactly do these weather forecasters know it's going to be a brutal winter? I read that they suggested the gulf stream was weaker. The last few winters weren't that far out of the normal range though, from what I can tell. There is a natural variation.

What to YOU call normal? If you have to ask how forecasters know it is going to be a brutal winter then you obviously do not know enough yet. The part about the gulf stream being weaker is just one pointer. (I am not sure about that one as I have not researched it) Ask the country folk, they'll tell you. Mankind (NOT scientists) has been predicting the weather (short term) for hundreds of years and did not/does not need computer models. In fact ever since computers got involved it has been doom, doom, doom.(and usually wrong!)

If the gulf stream is suddenly weaker and this is why they are predicting a colder Euro winter, then are they predicting this based upon the same evidence that was discredited as faulty (and/ or hoax) on other threads related to the gulf oil disaster? Or, are in fact, was the gulf stream disrupted after all, and these weather forecasters have better data regarding the gulf disaster?

Hold your horses there. The Gulf oil spill was this year - not two or three years ago. There is insufficient time yet to ascertain if any effect from that will cause problems with the gulf stream, but somehow I doubt it. There have always been variances and eddies and there always will be.

When you are up to your neck in alligators it is hard to remember that the initial objective was to drain the swamp, however when you are up to you neck in trading carbon credits it is essential easy to remember that the initial object was to fleece the public and get rich quick.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So much for "Global Warming", eh? Don't worry they'll still push some version of the Cap and Trade scam to separate you and me from our hard earned money. Maybe they'll tax really warm clothes. I'm sure fuel prices will skyrocket. Why lose a perfectly good opportunity to price gouge the poor,very cold huddled freakin masses. If old people freeze, they could care less. You can bet Wall St. And the City will be making loads of cash upon the misfortunes of others.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join