It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One way or another, prepare to be betrayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You might as well know right now, however, that the Tea Party, no matter how successful it is at the polls in November, will certainly betray the party of liberty.

And thats what I think will happen also. Lots of mad people who will do anything to get their choice in office but as in the past, once in they will forget the workers who put them in office.

I found this while looking for another article and thought it was right on the mark. I have never subscribed to either party although I am a registered Republican I seldom if ever have voted party line or even voted for one party more than the other. I do vote for the person rather than the party which I believe is what wrong's with our nation's voters who do that.

If you begin with a skeptical attitude toward the government, watching and thinking can lead to a radicalization and ultimate embrace of a consistent opposition to government involvement. This is why election season always ends up creating a huge flood of new libertarians who buy books, feel the inspiration to get active (perhaps for the first time), and dedicate themselves to reducing the power of the state in whatever way they can.

And I do like the tea crowd but it has become a focal point for many who have nothing except political agendas in mind and could care less about the issues. The tea clique now has a big target on their backs and lots to live up to, and if they do not once elected then they will become the hunted instead of the hunters.

Article here

edit on 10/4/2010 by mikelee because: Fix link

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Betrayal will be by everyone who goes onto something else when their cause fails.

Nearly Everybody.

One person can change everything,but a group argues and fails in their quest.

We all need the same things,but we demand more than we need.

Everybody pays.

Nobody "stays".

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

The TPM will fall in line and vote straight GOP. Just like the guys that fund the TPM planned.
Money talks and BS walks. The TPM isn't a grass roots movement.
The TPM was taken over by corp. lobbyist loyal to the GOP long ago.
www.sourcewatch.org...
www.nytimes.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thats true, they are supported by corporations and some private elite types. Thanks for pointing out what I failed to mention

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Tea Party does not stand for freedom. They do not stand for good. They stand for whatever Obama doesn't stand for. They stand for ignorance. They stand for xenophobia. They are like the Republican party, only they may get things done.

I do not like the Tea Party. I do not like Republicans. I do not like Democrats. You know who I like? A congress that is not divided, a government that is not divided, a people that is not divided.

If we need to use Obama as a scapegoat to awaken the beast and get some real change, so be it. However, the Tea Party is not the way to go. They have not convinced me that they have any sort of vision. They just want Obama impeached, they want the border fenced and watched 24/7, and they want Muslims to surrender.

These people are the sheep of the Bush administration, the haters of Obama, and the definition of ignorance.

I feel betrayed no matter what party I think about, though. I am not voting, that is for sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind was that Blondie song...

One way or another I'm gonna get cha getch get cha....

I need more Ice in me drink also...please...

One waY or another I'm gonna get cha I'm gonna give you
the fix....

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

At first I was so excited to see Libertarian minded people getting into office..

But as the results poured in.. it appeared to me that the Tea Party Express had, by far, the most success at getting their candidates through the Primary.. and I am positive this is a horrible.. ghastly.. terrible thing to happen. Most of the Express's (not the Tea Party as the Tea Party Express was founded by Republicans FOR the Republican party specifically) candidates are Social-Conservative whack-jobs....

The only thing I expect to see is an increase in Christian bigotry on Capital Hill this November.. I highly doubt anything for the people will be done.

On local levels though, the Tea Party's have done an awesome job getting Fiscal Conservs and Libertarians into office.... good for states.. but the National scene as always will be a cluster!$#!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

On local levels though, the Tea Party's have done an awesome job getting Fiscal Conservs and Libertarians into office.... good for states

That is true. I believe that it is a good thing for the states only because they can be coerced (to a certain extent) by the fed to get what the fed wants.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You are right, so what can we do?

top topics

join