It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket, Meteor, or Fast moving UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

On a discussion forum about UFO what is interesting is UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS not things that are quite identifiable by meeting criteria for common terrestrial flying objects like rockets etc. and Yes thank g-d i do have an interesting life

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's fake (CGI), and here is my reasoning.

The creator of this made a mistake. The object gives of a very bright "burn" light, almost like it's white phospherous, almost like a flare. But, the trail it leaves behaves like a contrail - as if it's condensed water vapor.

Those two items together make no sense what so ever.

If this were a missle/rocket, the trail would persist for a much longer time as the trail would be a smokey exhaust. If this were a meteor it would be moving MUCH faster than it is in this video, and it sure as hell would NOT be leaving a water vapor condensation trail. A meteor would leave behind either a debris trail of glowing embers or smoke.

So this is neither a meteor nor a missle/rocket. It is most certainly not a jet as jets don't burn that bright from a perpendicular view.

Hoax is my conclusion.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

My point was and still is that regardless of this being a HOAX or not it does not matter as even if we can explain away all your pints about the "trail" it might still just be considered a rocket and hardly a UFO

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

The meteor in that video is higher and farther away than you think. It is passing beyond the horizon. It is an illusion that it is lower than the clouds. The video is taken in Edmonton. Fragments of the meteor were found in Lloydminster, 150 miles away.

Did the plane leaving this contrail takeoff and fly straight up?

Did the planes at the beginning of this video?
mpg

edit on 10/5/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shmuel_invincible

Alright.
But I differ. I did find it interesting. But now less so, after further consideration.

edit on 10/5/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
This is not a rocket, meteor or fast moving UFO. This is nothing more than CGI. I am well versed in many aspects of computer graphics (competent in Maya, 3DS, Adobe, etc) and can tell you the lens flare is 100% fake, as well as the "tail" of the object which is nothing more than a virtual particle emitter.

This is so blatant that most folks around here should pick up on this hoax instantly. The fact that so many don't really worries me.

While i think its nothing but a meteor id say your CGI assertation is a little off (and yes i to am competent in your listed 3D/2D packages **points to his Avatar**)... i see nothing to indicate the flare is fake, I remember seeing a very old (at least 15 years) video of a UFO hovering behind a tree, it had a very similar sort of flare to it circular center with very long vertical arms, and the UFO was NOT CGI, but it wasnt more than likely real either, but by that I mean the lens flare was a real physical lens flare. Lens flares change constantly between cameras and the shapes of their lens along with the brightness of the object itself (when my brothers helmet cam is pointed at the sun it gets exactly the same flare although much much brighter).

As to the contrail, well without knowing what it was made out of you cant really say its just a partical emitter. if it was moisture it would hang around longer, unless its being condensed then evaporating before it has a chance to spread (like the trail some planes wings leave long and thin but also short lived and compact). If it was smoke you'd think it would hang around alot longer. But once again to my eyes it seems real enough.

The only issue I have is when the flare breaks there is absolutely nothing at the front of the contrail to indicate a light source, which you'd expect, but that doesn't rule out something still being within the tip of the contrail. That would be the only thing that makes me feel it could be a fake... apart from that I say the guy was lucky to capture a meteor.

Id say its certainly not a UFO.

Edit:- and just to add ive seen at least 2 decent meteor/boloid break ups personally each one was different... one was a bright green oblong leaving a long blue green trail behind it, another was a complete high speed break up where it more or less just instantly exploded with no trail at all being visible before hand. By that i mean theres alot of variation in them, they dont all look like what most would consider typical.
edit on 5-10-2010 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Meh your all wrong

It's OBVIOUSLY a satellite or other space junque reentering

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice find

This looks a little more consistant with the OPs video. It easily explains the incandescence below the clouds. The final moments of the satelite in the video is a fairly good match imo...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnarkill1529
Cool Video

maybe the E.T.'s were partaking in some illegal substances and left the windows open while they were flying through the sky
Couldnt have said it better myself my friend. Infact i was gonna say the same thing

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
looks very much like a meteor big enough to make it to the lower atmosphere

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I am leaning towards the CGI overlaid on a sped up plane contrail hypothesis.

The trajectory is consistent with a plane banking gently to the right as it flies across the field of vision. The trail looks exactly like a vapour trail. The trajectory seems entirely wrong for a meteor, which I've never seen go in anything but a straight line.

Finally at about the 4 second mark the flare disappears entirely and you can just about make out the object itself. That also does not seem consistent with a meteor which would not appear so large at the altitude where meteors occur.

On the other hand, if it is CGI it is VERY well done, the lens flare appears totally consistent with the movement of the object and the camera. It seems a class above the relatively amateur CGI shown on the submitters site.

The only other thing I can think of is if somehow a very bright light was being shone from a plane directly towards the camera location.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hold up a second people...

Can I ask before the video is discreditted...

Was this 'object' witnessed or reported elsewhere such as in the media?

& did someone mention that a meteor was found 150 miles away from where this was filmed? If so how do we know it was the same 'object'?

I'm just asking as I think the video is interesting but people we need to start with the basic facts.

I want to believe.?!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here is a similar one, from Tacna - Peru, July 30, 2006 (kind of old and don't know if shown before). First it looks like a classic fireball, but at 00:39 it turns almost to the opposite direction.

video.google.com...#

Google Video Link

The representative from SENAMHI (National Institute of meteorology), confirmed it wasn't rock or fireball from space, she described as an UFO. I noticed it was on the government tv channel....Good example to follow ?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yesterday around 11:30am West Australian time my family and I saw something that appeared to be a lot higher up than that video footage but incredibly similar. My youngest son spotted it and the best way I can describe it was that it looked like a daytime meteor that didn't hit the ground, it had a white trail behind it and was moving west to east and was definitely much higher in altitude that that footage and was way too fast for a vehicle.

I tried to get footage of it on my phone but the resultant footage was very poor.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Classic fireball? Nope. Way too slow moving
Classic sunlit contrail? Yup

Above are from here: www.kolumbus.fi...

(Unfortunate message attached to the video)

edit on 10/6/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In the video they actually said it was moving slowly, but contrails in that area would be more than unusual. I lived there for a few years and not even remember straight-lined contrails. I guess It could be militar but they hardly got enough money for soldier paychecks.

Thanks Phage.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The most famous daylight Meteor footage, replete with * contrail* and not moving anywhere near as fast as you might expect a meteor to travel at.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To be honest, I can create this in Cinema 4D. As well, various lens flares can be in pre or post production and overlaid on standard video. It takes forever to render, but, it works. In fact, I think I will make one to overlay on a video, then show the before and after in the same video for comparison. Since my video camera's broken, I will need to borrow someone's video.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
To be honest, I can create this in Cinema 4D.

Okay so why exactly do you feel the need to make fake CGI Meteorite sightings?

Your not one of those putting all those CGI UFO's on the tube are you?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Classic sunlit contrail? Yup

Sure that isn't one of the Chemtrails everyone is talking about?

Yep its true... UFO research here has become a joke... seeimg as we are reduced to talking about CGI Meteorites now

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join