It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS Tracking Device found in Civilian car

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Here is the link to Redditt

And another picture

And another

edit on 5-10-2010 by abrowning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
another article with another different case happening, yes they are suspected criminals, but how long before anyone can or MUST have one in their car for "safty" purposes

The Government can use GPs to track your moves

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Sorry I misunderstood.

I would be interested to read the article too

No problem.

Linked the article a few posts back.

Spread it around.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Here is the aspect of this that disturbs me the most:

The judges veered into offensiveness when they explained why Pineda-Moreno's driveway was not private. It was open to strangers, they said, such as delivery people and neighborhood children, who could wander across it uninvited.
Chief Judge Alex Kozinski, who dissented from this month's decision refusing to reconsider the case, pointed out whose homes are not open to strangers: rich people's. The court's ruling, he said, means that people who protect their homes with electric gates, fences and security booths have a large protected zone of privacy around their homes. People who cannot afford such barriers have to put up with the government sneaking around at night.
Judge Kozinski is a leading conservative, appointed by President Ronald Reagan, but in his dissent he came across as a raging liberal. "There's been much talk about diversity on the bench, but there's one kind of diversity that doesn't exist," he wrote. "No truly poor people are appointed as federal judges, or as state judges for that matter." The judges in the majority, he charged, were guilty of "cultural elitism."

Source Article as Provided by OP

That reads to me like a damning indictment of proof of a dual class structure. Those who can afford to secure their own property from the government have a right to expect 4th amendment protections but those who cannot afford such measure cannot?

My county has an ordinance that bans all front yard fencing in residentially zoned areas, entirely. It is a violation of law to build them here. So, according to this travesty of a situation, it is illegal for me to have my fourth amendment protections.

Congratulations to the people behind the wars on drugs and terror. They've quite literally just made my Constitutional rights illegal.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I find it difficult to believe anyone has not noticed that there are several classes of "citizenship?" in the U.S..

?

Upper,Middle,Lower,then poor,....military,police,court system.

?

I can only wish I didn't fully realize the differences,I have occupied a space in 3,I am poor now.....

More like happy,dumbass,happy slave,neutral slave,screwed......?

Never mind that the slave classes are always provided with pain relief of sorts.....

Depends on what one can afford,and how much of a low-life you are willing to deal with to get your fix.

I have a problem with mirrors,let alone other people.

edit on 5-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If your car has OnStar it already has one the government can hack.

Many rental companies have trackers on there cars
www.cbsnews.com...

With the high theft rate of trailers from small utility trailers to large semi trailers many owners are instilling trackers.

Even some new car dealers are putting them in new cars.
Don't make your payments and you car shuts down and the dealer sends a tow truck to collect it.
www.rmtracking.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

On some car if you know where the OBDII port is you might want to check there.
www.vehicle-tracking-gps.com...
www.northlanddealers.com...

Do you drive a company car or truck.
you may be tracked.

Some new cars have GPS trackers in them for no apparent reason.
www.brighthub.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
so what happens if you destroy it or attach it to some other person car? city bus perhaps?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Then you are just as bad as the secret police.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
if its legal for them to attach it to your car then it should be equally legal for you to attach it to a squad car, no?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

....Implying that legal=good.

All manner of things can be made legal, but that does not make them good.

If you cannot understand that just admit it so I can have my laugh already.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

so your saying i should just leave it there if i so happen to find one on my car?

in my honest opinion that is exponentially laughable.

surely you understand that by placing a device on somebodies property, it then becomes their property.

and surely an authority would quickly learn that by placing these expensive devices on peoples cars, they are risking loss of property and even wasted time if it leads to a wild goose chase. eventually they will start running out of money and realize this was a horrible idea, and hopefully stop.
edit on 5-10-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: incase you didnt catch it... them not doing this = good.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by Exuberant1

so your saying i should just leave it there if i so happen to find one on my car?

Where did I say that you should leave it on your car?

Why would you ask if I said that when you can read my post and see that I did not say that?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Drones are much better for killing off US taxpayers, they don't complain and have no "moral issues". I think that is a very valid reason for using drones instead of actual people. You don't see the faces of people you kill, you simply press a button, big smoke comes up - mission accomplished
"insurgents neutralized".
edit on 5/10/2010 by SassyCat because: Added some more drama

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I think you are opening up a real can of worms if you tamper with a device like this. Interfering with an investigation, destruction of government property, irritating the techs etc. If you find one I would suggest getting a lawyer and contacting the local field office with a request to remove the device. You don't want to get stuck with the bill (astronomical) or wind up in jail for some short lived ego victory.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think all aircraft must have a transponder so they can be located. Of course they want cars to have one too. I think they have GPS transmitters that are the size of a button, so no use looking for that big thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
They would like all cars to have then to tax you on what roads and what time you drive so they say. The info would be downloaded at the pump so you would get a tax bill for gas every month. But then every car would have one no gas without it. I have a lawm mowing business I wonder how they will tax that.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Never mind this GPS or that one...

Fruck the supreme court for not respecting the property line. If I alone am responsible for the taxes of the entire property, then the entire property is MY PRIVATELY OWNED PROPERTY.

The fact that I allow the mail people or meter readers onto it in order to serve me does not imply that I have ceded my right to NOT allow non invited people on it. Especially when their intent is to make a modification to another piece of my property, in this case the car, to serve their purpose.

The SC changed Eminent Domain, now they add this insult? Anyone who doesn't see this as part of the totalitarian tiptoe is a goober.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by abrowning

Actually, the best thing to do is get the police to "interfere" with this device for you. The best thing to do would be to CALL THE POLICE and report a suspected BOMB is attached to your car. After all, during this War on Terrorism, one can't be too careful.

Then call the media to make sure they are there to film the bomb squad, etc. This exposes the FBI's violation.

This also forces the police to admit that the device is actually a device owned by the FBI, and then your attorney files a court case against the FBI in federal court for violating your constitutional rights.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by abrowning

I believe you could get away with taking it off your property and destroying it. It would have to say 'Property of the US Gov' or 'The City of *****" " and be witnessed doing the act itself before you could get into any serious trouble. This has not gone before the SCOTUS as of yet. This was a ruling by the Ninth Circuit if I remember correctly. The most over turned Federal court in the nation. Property rights are a large part of the conservative movement and should things go our way in November you will see many property rights cases and law suits over previous rulings.

Zindo

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Why risk the charges of interfering with a investigation by attempting to remove it when you can have a good laugh later by using the knowledge to your advantage. Pull up google maps, find a section of the area you live in with a grid pattern of streets and start cruising around to draw messages and pictures for the agents to review. If its a long term operation you might even be able to put a short book into a form they can read later when they have to explain to their superiors why they wasted piles of money on something easily discovered and then gamed to make them look stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join