It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS Tracking Device found in Civilian car

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I figured I would put this here considering that this is one of the first clues to the coming NWO.

article -->Want to know if the FBI is tracking you look for one of these

After promptly ruling out a bomb, other Redditors helped correctly identify the black device as a Guardian ST820—a GPS tracking unit made by Cobham and used exclusively by the army and law enforcement.

So apparently this is completely legal. So if you think you have a reason for being tracked you might want to check your cars. If your car is parked in your driveway it seems to be fair game. So I’m building my garage next spring.

cheers

~Ghost

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Antone who has a cell phone can be tracked, monitored, and listened to.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kirill

yes but this goes a bit beyond that if they are physically tracking your every move.

~G

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My business got robbed, and the supervisor cop that showed up told me they were using these things to track people, and "not to tell anyone". (long story short)

So it isn't just the FBI, and from what the cop told me, the devices are a hell of a lot smaller than your picture, as it the size of a pager.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Soon they will be killing people with drone strikes in the USA.

And they will use these things to help them acquire the target.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Or just your cellphone.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Good reason to ride a bicycle,kinda hard to hide anything on one without it being pretty obvious.

Aside from the benefits and cost savings.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you have to do in order to get yourself on an FBI watch list.
Does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Using a drone to assassinate targets in the US would be absurd. It would cost to much, rile too many people up and generally just be a huge pain. Much easier to just shoot someone if you ask me.

BACK ON TOPIC

That tracking device is huge and as others have stated even police departments are using things about 10x smaller now. Cell phones are a much easier/cheaper way of spying now anyway especially when you consider they already have the GPS built in.
edit on 4-10-2010 by abrowning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

I read an article about this and apparently there is no Court Ordered warrant needed.

Nor is there a need for your permission for them to enter your property to put it on your car.

I'm sorry but private property is private property and I cannot guarantee anyone's safety putting a device on my vehicle, in this day and age of "terrorism" everywhere, and I've been stalked too many times to go into, so this does not sit right with me and if someone unidentified is on my property placing a device which looks like a bomb I'm not asking questions.

It will be a call to 911 that there is an intruder on my property and I'm using the Castle Doctrine to defend myself.

Period.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Castle Doctrine

A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal doctrine claimed by advocates to arise from English Common Law that designates one's place of residence (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as one's car or place of work) as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack.

It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his/her "castle"), and/or any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack.

In a legal context, therefore, use of deadly force which actually results in death may be defended as justifiable homicide under the Castle Doctrine.

Castle Doctrines are legislated by state, and not all states in the US have a Castle Doctrine.

The term "Make My Day Law" comes from the landmark 1985 Colorado statute that protects people from any criminal charge or civil suit if they use force – including deadly force – against an invader of the home.

The law's nickname is a reference to the famous line uttered by Clint Eastwood's character Harry Callahan in the 1983 film Sudden Impact, "Go ahead, make my day."

Considering they have changed the Castle Doctrine and they ramp up the "terror scare" in the media I'm surprised they would be so brazen and irresponsible as to allow this, unless they want people shooting Law Enforcement Officers, escalating the alleged "War on Terror".

Quote from : Wikipedia : Castle Doctrine : Stand Your Ground

Other states expressly relieve the home's occupants of any duty to retreat or announce their intent to use deadly force before they can be legally justified in doing so to defend themselves.

Clauses that state this fact are called "Stand Your Ground", "Line In The Sand" or "No Duty To Retreat" clauses, and state exactly that the defender has no duty or other requirement to abandon a place in which they have a right to be, or to give up ground to an assailant.

States often differentiate between altercations occurring inside a home or business and altercations in public places; there may be a duty to retreat from an assailant in public when there is no duty to retreat from one's own property, or there may be no duty to retreat from anywhere the defender may legally be.

Other restrictions may still exist; when in public, a person must be carrying the firearm in a legal manner, whether concealed or openly.

"Stand your ground" governs U.S. federal case law in which self-defense is asserted against a charge of criminal homicide. The Supreme Court ruled in Beard v. U.S. (1895) that a man who was "where he had the right to be" when he came under attack and "...did not provoke the assault, and had at the time reasonable grounds to believe, and in good faith believed, that the deceased intended to take his life, or do him great bodily harm...was not obliged to retreat, nor to consider whether he could safely retreat, but was entitled to stand his ground."

Bolded by SKL

Obviously you can negate this by parking in your garage or backyard but this is ridiculous.

And before some ignorant person asks what I have to hide the answer is nothing.

I detest the surveillance Police State America is becoming and having been stalked I will not comply.

Sorry, if someone does not ask my permission, to touch my car, I am defending my property.

With deadly force if necessary.
edit on 10/4/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth To The Post.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
thanks for the replies guys and as always SKL your a beacon in our dark world.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Or just your cellphone.

Those could also be used.

But people know that and might leave their cell phones at home.

The planting of stasi tracking devices gets around that.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by abrowning
reply to post by Exuberant1

Using a drone to assassinate targets in the US would be absurd. It would cost to much, rile too many people up...

By the time drone strikes start, it would be safe to assume that people are already riled up - hence the drone strikes.

The argument that it costs too much is absurd though. Cost never limits us when it comes to killing terrists.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
thanks for the replies guys and as always SKL your a beacon in our dark world.

I will not back down from this stance.

People often mistake me for anti-Government, which is wholly untrue, I am anti-corruption.

This is corruption of the highest kind due to it being a Civil Rights violation among others.

Guardian Mobility : Tracer Seatrax

ghostryder, your link on ATS, is already the 4th on Yahoo.

Spread this around via U2U and get it lit up on the boards.

E-mail it to everyone you know.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It’s the fact that they can come onto your property and install this in your vehicle without prior knowledge or authorization from you that should bother you. Not the size or that its been done.

We are just a number to everyone now. We all have our debt we all have our mortgages yes we need them but now they know where we are what we do where we shop how much we spend…etc.

Its all about control. They need to control us, but why? Because they know the many are more powerful than the few.

What this means is pretty soon all our basic freedoms will be gone. We will be/are in a totalitarian state and we let it happen to ourselves.

~G

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

The article says that the device was probably fitted while the car had been impounded, I'm not sure you can really go to an impound lot and shoot FBI officers under the castle doctrine.

The article also says that the man who found the device is on an FBI watch list and so was his father for having links to Muslim religious groups,

Not saying that makes it right mind you
edit on 5-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

The article says that the device was probably fitted while the car had been impounded, I'm not sure you can really go to an impound lot and shoot FBI officers under the castle doctrine.

The article also says that the man who found the device is on an FBI watch list and so was his father for having links to Muslim religious groups,

Not saying that makes it right mind you
edit on 5-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

I was speaking to the article I had read not this article.

I will see if I can find the article for everyone.

Obviously, if the vehicle is impounded, it's on Federal, State, or City property.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Sorry I misunderstood.

I would be interested to read the article too

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here's the article I was speaking about originally.

Quote from : Court allows agents to secretly put GPS trackers on cars

Law enforcement officers may secretly place a GPS device on a person's car without seeking a warrant from a judge, according to a recent federal appeals court ruling in California.

Here's what it looks like.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/117251a35119.jpg[/atsimg]

Not an identical tracking device but the same basic premise.

edit on 10/5/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth To The Post.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Furthermore, this can be done even if your car is parked in your own driveway—a location that does not hold the same reasonable expectation of privacy as, say, a garage.

as the law for this stands right now. although the good thing is D.C. is fighting "extended use" of gps will violate rights and a warrent will be required.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join