It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s Grab for New Spy Powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

In a reprise of the crypto wars of the 1990s, the U.S. secret state is mounting an offensive that would force telecommunication companies to redesign their systems and information networks to more easily facilitate internet spying.

Obama, change? That is a good change? I think we are finally seeing the wolf under the wool here in regards to BHO and his agenda.

With the Obama administration rivaling, even surpassing antidemocratic moves by the Bush regime to monitor and surveil the private communications of the American people, The New York Times reported last week that “federal law enforcement and national security officials are preparing to seek sweeping new regulations for the Internet.”

If we do not stop this token leader of ours along with those pulling his strings, there will no privacy at all compared to the little bit that we have now. Obama has done nothing for the people as he claimed to do, in contrast he has been an enemy of the people in many ways.

Calling new legislative strictures a “reasonable” and “necessary” tool for law enforcement that will “prevent the erosion of their investigative powers,” FBI mouthpiece, general counsel Valerie E. Caproni, told the Times, “We’re talking about lawfully authorized intercepts.”

Oh the fedlaw crowd at it again. One reason I retired from exec fedlaw because of the intentional blurring the lines that law enforcement is not supposed to step over. My opinion and experience is that fedlaw and law enforcement in general would like nothing better than to be bale to come into your home either by internet or in person and look around. Knowing what you do they can plan a strategic response to things you say or do deemed as harmful to the state. Do not be fooled folks, as I have stated here before the path that fedlaw wishes to travel is not in your best interests and will place you in potentially dangerous situations for the reason of state control.

"Lawfully authorized intercepts"...yea right. That only means if they get ahold of something they were not supposed to get a hold of, then they can use it to formulate a legitimate "reason" to target you or anyone else.

Source
edit on 10/4/2010 by mikelee because: Source it

join