It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maitreya Star?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
In hearing about this Maitreya star I did a search and honestly....I have no idea if it's real, a Nibiru wanna-be or an apocalyptic icon. So I came across this video and assuming the camera was on a tripod, what could this thing be that's moving so quickly ? I've never really stared at a star for 6 minutes but do they all move that fast?

Does anyone know what we're seeing here? And could someone tell me if Maitreya is real? I did a Google search and too many alternative explanations pop up so it's difficult to know what's real and what's wishful thinking.
I will enclose a page that contains photographs of stars and....Maitreya is among them. Again, is this a real star? If so, where is it located?

Maitreya's lightship and 'star' in Hullbridge, SI July 2010
www.share-international.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've never heard of this star, but It could be the star I've seen, as the poster mentions, ascends amazing fast.
The star i've seen does in fact change colors, but I've seen it dim and brighten up, about 5 times, all different days.

It's really odd.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There is no such star. The video shows the planet Jupiter, as seen in Stellarium:

With moderate magnification, yes, planets and stars move "that fast".

But why take my word for it. Go look for yourself.

edit on 10/4/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think its supposed to herald the return of the messiah.

I dont know what to make of this either really.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Billions of trillions of stars and 7.5 little planets (and its moons) and you're able to say this is Jupiter? Wow Phage.....you are phantastic because unlike you, I was unable to see its insignia!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
I think its supposed to herald the return of the messiah.

I dont know what to make of this either really.

That is my problem too. Is Maitreya a mythical star or an actual one? But if we go by Phages analysis, this is just plain ol' Jupiter. But there again, everything seems to be Jupiter lately.

When in doubt just Jupisize it!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
In hearing about this Maitreya star I did a search and honestly....I have no idea if it's real, a Nibiru wanna-be or an apocalyptic icon. So I came across this video and assuming the camera was on a tripod, what could this thing be that's moving so quickly ? I've never really stared at a star for 6 minutes but do they all move that fast?

Does anyone know what we're seeing here? And could someone tell me if Maitreya is real? I did a Google search and too many alternative explanations pop up so it's difficult to know what's real and what's wishful thinking.
I will enclose a page that contains photographs of stars and....Maitreya is among them. Again, is this a real star? If so, where is it located?

How about a comet?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maitreya's lightship and 'star' in Hullbridge, SI July 2010
www.share-international.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Like the man said:

Originally posted by Phage

edit on 4-10-2010 by Saint Exupery because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

A comet? I don't know about that. I am still trying to digest the Jupiter answer.

Does anyone have the opinion that Maitreya is a real star?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

Like the man said:

edit on 4-10-2010 by Saint Exupery because: (no reason given)

How the heck (okay 'hell') am I supposed to go out in my backyard, locate Jupiter then compare it to this video?
All planets and stars ascend/descend so how am I supposed to compare it? By timing it? I'm not related to Bill Nye nor Jack Horkheimer ya know!
edit on 4-10-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Jupiter is pretty easy to find. It's the brightest thing in the sky and it's there pretty much all night.

You can't compare it the the video and the guy who posted it knows that. We don't know anything about how he taped it (amount of zoom, etc). But you can compare the motion with the rest of the stars.

Find a star to the west of it. Hold something (a card, anything) at arm's length and use it to "measure" the distance between Jupiter and the star. Come back an hour later and see if the distance has changed between Jupiter and the star.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

A comet? I don't know about that. I am still trying to digest the Jupiter answer.

Does anyone have the opinion that Maitreya is a real star?

Did you take a look at the links on the thread? shows the path coming about 11 million miles from Earth.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

How the heck (okay 'hell') am I supposed to go out in my backyard, locate Jupiter then compare it to this video?
All planets and stars ascend/descend so how am I supposed to compare it? By timing it?

Is this why you doubt Phage can do it?

It's pretty easy to identify Jupiter. It's there every night, and between the setting and rising of Venus it's the brightest 'star' in the sky.

Still, the cure is simple. Download Stellarium (it's free), input your map coordinates and altitude, and you have a real-time picture of the sky above your head, right there on your computer screen with everything neatly labelled.

A few clear nights and you'll be impressing your friends by pointing out Aldebaran, Altair, Betelgeuse, the Pleiades and all the rest.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that suggestion and will try that. But even I know that stars, planets and moons move. So going back in an hour won't really floor me at all. I can see (I think) Neptune and I use my outdoor telephone wire as a gauge and in the matter of minutes, it moves. But I was talking about stars. I didn't know they can travel that fast (and of course, Earth is as well).
Actually the more I talk the more I am supporting your planet theory. So, let me shut up now

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I am not saying I cannot locate Jupiter (sheesh)....I was questioning how to compare my visual on Jupiter to a video.
I agree, Jupiter is very bright but that doesn't mean that's what this person saw in the sky. Not EVERYTHING is Jupiter for christ sake

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The motion of the planets against the star field is not noticeable from minute to minute or hour to hour. Day to day, yes for the nearer planets (Venus, Mercury, Mars somewhat) but not the outer planets. They are too distant for their motion to be readily apparent. Only by careful observation from day to day can their motion be discerned.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Go look in the southwest in the early hours. The only bright object you will see will be Jupiter, as shown by Stellarium and any other star guide you care to use. If the guy in the video is looking southwest, he is looking at Jupiter.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The motion of the planets against the star field is not noticeable from minute to minute or hour to hour. Day to day, yes for the nearer planets (Venus, Mercury, Mars somewhat) but not the outer planets. They are too distant for their motion to be readily apparent. Only by careful observation from day to day can their motion be discerned.

I meant Uranus not Neptune. That is the planet that was next to Jupiter a few weeks ago, no? If that wasn't Uranus then I am just making up rumors. But I have Stellarium and that's how I found out.

How come so many people are confusing Jupiter with UFOs, Maitreya star and comets? Is it possible that something else is also out there too? Maybe? Just a little tiny maybe?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'll add the Solar System Live formula generator to this thread. It'll give another insight of which planets are visible.

Solar System Live

img215.imageshack.us...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Might want to plug in some coordinates and see eh?

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join