Where on Earth does something like this happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Haha! My thought was CIA. Glad I'm not the only paranoid one

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Hey, ET.

I read this last night and thought about it a good bit today.

I'm kinda conflicted: the horn-dog in me says "go for it," while my paranoid side says "she's up to something." If I were in this position, I'd probably go for it but proceed with caution.

This could very well be fate knocking on your door; the woman of your dreams who makes you the happiest man alive. Or, she could turn out to be a psycho-stalker.

Women do sometimes "throw themselves at you," and if that's all it is, I see no reason not to give it a try, but considering that she's doing it in a rather odd way, it's best to be safe and take it slow.

Take care and I hope some of my ramblings helped,

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I have yet to reply to a lot of contributors in this thread who offered good sane advice and thank them specifically for it, but I wanted to thank you TheAssociate for giving this some thought for me, and weighing in. I appreciate it.

I'm thinking caution is prudent considering her approach was rather unorthodox, but who knows, maybe she is a nice girl.

Thanks Associate,
ET

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Mr. i would not take it as anything bad. I recall you saying it is a small town? I have lived in a few and everybody is usually friendly in small community's and thus she probably feels safe. Especially since you are a veteran (i know i would feel safe.). Not sure but i think i read something about her coming into your house and knowing your name? The coming into your house i could see getting messy being a veteran. But knowing your name is probably nothing serious. She probably knows someone you know and asked you'r name. Just my out look on things but i could be wrong. In the end its up to you on what to think. Just don't let it get the best of you.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hello there. It sounds very weird yes, but what could happen? If I was you, I would try call her, and see whats really going on.. If she is a weirdo or something like that, and you are afraid of what could happen, well, she now know where you live.

So there is really nothing you can do, beside try and call her. If she wants you dead, you would have been dead now. But she havent killed you!, for me that means that she dont want you any harm.

Many strange things can happen, but dont be paranoid. Take the chance I would say.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Have you thought that it might be that she lived previously in a large city and had no need to have her own transportation?or that maybe she had really friendly neighbors were she lived before coming to the U.S and bummed rides from each other???I say give her a chance,whats the worst that could happen?You make a really good friend, or never see her again?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Easy. If you think she'll rob you blind, just bind her first. If she's your neighbor...she probably just wants a little fun or wants to get to know you.

Be a man. And, whatever you do, don't tell her about ATS (unless you're trying to scare her away).

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Being the hopeless romantic that I am - I would say call her. Maybe it's your destiny. I try not to be too paranoid, this site does not help that, so be cautious, but call her, learn more about her. You may be pleasantly surprised. Either way you don't want to live your life with the "what if's" or "if only's".. As in "if only I had called her"..

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but have you asked around to see if anyone else knows her? Have you seen her house like does she definitely live in the area? Not just a van market Muriel's Flowers with a massive satellite dish on top.

I think it should be all good although f your retired and she is in her 20s be careful she isn't after a sugar daddy!

Just kidding, but in all seriousness I say spend some more time with her to assess the situation. As long as you remain breezy it should be all good, until you know what she's all about.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Honeytrap. Are you rich? Privy to state secrets? Her 90-year-old ex-husband's only living relative?

It's either something like that, or ele she fancies you rotten. And is as mad as a hatstand.

Crazy women make great lovers in my experience, but the rest of the relationship is a nightmare.

Proceed with caution. But proceed.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Crazy women make great lovers in my experience.

And sometime I worry about sharing too much information. That line just gave me a good laugh, thanks

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I promised to keep you guys appraised of the situation, and I am doing so

I was listening to my ATS Live "Car Crash" Radio this evening while engaged in some discussions in member CHAOS's thread concerning Ancient Anomalies and alien related interpretations of artwork throughout history... and she came by again.

I missed the last 15 minutes of ATS Live, because I agreed to give her a ride

Katrina is 21, making her 16 years younger than me. I'm thinking friendship. She's just an enthusiastic and energetic looney character, and a clown in my opinion. Perhaps a bit eccentric, too.

Anyways, I'm on the sofa, tv off, listening to Neformore, Semperfortis, Greeneyedleo, and the entire crew & callers on ATS Live radio, and I hear some voices out front. I turn on the porch light and there she is in the yard, my brother took his truck to work, so I had my car tonight.

With her is a another guy. They ask for a ride, and she offers to give a few bucks for gas money if I need it, I say that's ok, and I don't mind. I introduce myself to the guy, she appologizes for not introducing us. His name Chad. I ask the question, "Are you her boyfriend?". He chuckles and says "I wish, no, we are roomates." She is saying the same thing almost simultaneously about being roomates. She gets in the front seat with me, and he gets in the back seat. On the way there I spend more time talking to Chad, but manage to ask Katrina about her age. Chad is 33, Katrina is 21. I've seen Chad before while walking my dog, but still do not know exactly which house they live in, and I did not ask. I took them to one of the bars/clubs in town, one of the better establishments in my opinion, but there are many in the area.

They are obviously friends if they are roomates, but I'm thinking more than those two may live at the house they reside in.

When they got out of the car I told Chad to keep an eye on her and take care of her, because she needs someone looking out for her, and to keep her out of trouble. Katrina looks at me while she is getting out of the car and says "You really are a nice guy, aren't you?". I responded "I do what I can, but I'm just smart enough to know my darkside may not be anyone's friend. I like to think I'm a nice guy, yes." She smiles and says they usually go out to this place every Saturday, and I'm more than welcome to join them and the friends they are meeting. From the sound of it they have a bit of a social circle, and obviously hang out with some people around my age, since Chad is only 5 years younger than I am. It may not end up being a romantic relationship, but crazy friends can be enjoyable company. Chad obviously has a crush on her and likes her, but if they are living with eachother and not involved, there must be something going on there. I don't want to squash my neighbors' chances at being happy, and I think she is a little too young and immature for me, but certainly a prospect of a friend who seems entertaining to be around.

I think I may take up their offer to hang out with them one of these Saturday nights ... after I get done listenning to my ATS Live of course

Thought I would keep you guys up to date about this, as maybe it sparks your interests

Thanks,
John Paul G., USAF Firedog, (retired)
aka ET
edit on 9-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: added hotlink for our ATS Live

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Well thats good to hear
she seems like a friendly character. She could just be a fun one to hang around with.
I still cant stop feeling that there is something a bit odd with this but.
Maybe she has actually moved in with this chad boy and was trying to do the same to you? Maybe she also rocked up on his doorstep asking for lifts and he invited her to stay with him?
It sounds like she may be trying to use you also, which explains the lifts at every hour.
But you know what, only you know the situation fully and thats just my opinion
so go and have fun and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
...jp - relax and just enjoy getting to know her... the age difference is no biggie... she's an adult... so what that she's unorthodox... being orthodox is highly over-rated and horridly boring... with your intellect and great sense of humor, you can properly handle anything that comes up that makes you uncomfortable...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

LOL....considering your life experience already, my gut feeling is that 21 is definitely WAY too young for you! Granted, women do mature faster than guys, most of the time, but considering she's shacking up with another guy (possibly more???) and hitting the bar on the weekends - well, call me old fashioned, but that's just a girl having a fun time right now, and not a potential life long mate that is ready to be a wife or mother. I know, I know, I jumped WAY ahead on that one, but what's the point in dating if not to consider the end result? People SHOULD consciously consider that before they date...maybe there would be fewer divorces. Anyway, it seems like you'd end up playing more of a father role with her than anything else.

Hey though, best of luck for whatever comes of this! Sounds like they could be great friends!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Never hurts to have ladies as friends: they tend to have other ladies as friends and are often willing to do some matchmaking.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Thanks Guys for the responses. I think I agree, and especially lean towards what GSeven and The Associate are saying.

Much appreciated,
John

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I think if this happened to me I would feel compelled to write about it also...My story would have more likely started out "Dear Penthouse Letters,". It sounds like she might be a little lonley and fancy you or maybe (not being from here) her upbringing has instilled a bit of a cultural difference where these type behaviors might be common place. That or she has never watched some or scary movies like "Last House on the Left" so she has no fear of hillbilly rape.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just got done reading your whole thread, and here's my take on it:

Since she is a "stranger" more or less, and knows your door is unlocked, and has a roommate who, whether meaning to or not, she probably mentioned your door being open, I'd start locking it. If not because of her then because of other people.

As for the rest, go hang with them. Seems you are a bit isolated, take a chance. You know if they would be good to hang with. And what's the worst that will happen? You get there, see they are losers and find a reason to excuse yourself.

I would make an effort to make sure they really do live where they say they do.

Also, watch out for moochers in these rural areas. I live in a semi rural area, and the moochers around here are terrible. And they get offended when you honestly just don't feel like helping them. Or you don't have a smoke to give them even though they haven't seen you in a year and a half and quit since then...but that's for a different thread.

If you pursue anything with her, watch out for her being crazy, and the roommate that you think has the crush on her. He could be just as dangerous.

But! It seems you want to give them a chance so do it. Like I said, if it doesn't seem like your scene, excuse yourself.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Boy oh boy Mr. USAF veteran fireman dude....

Does she needs to swing a bat at you ?

She is obviously interested. Go and have a good time with her. Who knows maybe you like it.
How can you be retired at 38 anyway ?

Is Illinois a modern day Utopia or something ?

Retired at 38 when life only starts at 40.
Hottie English neighbors that are seemingly interested... What's weird with that ?

The feeling good about yourself in the mirror part. Narcism or you good looking ?
Chicks dig good looks you know.
Not that I can talk about it tho

Although I do really have nothing to complaint and I feel kind of posh looking in a mirror.

Any news. on the current situation ?

She is 21 !

Damn ! ( sorry )

For me that would be an a minor setback and I'm 27.
I could have had just bad experiences tho...

Just follow the blood flow and it will be fine.
edit on 10/12/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join