It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting caught up in your thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Sometimes I think we forget the truth about "what is" or reality. The truth being that its neither good nor bad. We get confused by our thoughts that we presume to be reality. In fact, in my personal experience, sometimes if I don't take a step back from my thoughts, I get consumed with the illusion that I put together with my thoughts(perceptions) of reality. Its like the routine of life can make us like robots or people just going through the motions.

When we get a chance, maybe we should take a step back and take a break from the everyday life routine that makes us miserable at times.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
All that is real are your feelings, the rest is fiction. Words are made to describe feelings, to make better sense of feelings, they are an extention. Rules again are not real, they are writen on a pice of paper, not something you can pick up as in solid object. Objects are real, perceptions of how things evolve is just theory.

Sensing things with your feelings, like getting close to hot water, you will feel, or cold you will feel. Seeing it is an extention to make it better, the software version.

I would say hardware = your feelings, software=what you see with the light on.
You got eyes to describe you senses. So everything is software and hardware all put in one part, illusion and not illusion.

Just my opinion. I don't beilive in the illusion of the self.

Software is causing hardware. What you see you will feel if it's acceptable to your programming.
It's like pluging a software cd in the drive then the coputer"hardware part" starts to work"feels"

edit on 4-10-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

The word can also be magic you know... It creates.

link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Very good advice. Stepping away from being the subject and becoming the watcher one will realize how and why his mind is acting as it is, then and only then may he be able to correct his flaws.

pepsi78: Here check out this article, it may help in your confusion of the 'self' and the minds perception of 'feelings'. Buddha speaks on the self

link   
I have found with my own journey of understanding in this experience of life. Is that like in the movie; Inception, life as we perceive it, is simply a Holgraphic Matrix constructed by mind in order to experience the illusion of being a separate entity with its own thoughts within a dream being dreamed by a dreamer that has not awoken to the real reality.

top topics

join