It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tapes Prove Sharron Angle Is The Real Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
hahahaha

The AP just released a hit piece against Angle, saying she was dissing the Republican establishment and bad mouthing democrats.

As if this is supposed to hurt her rather than help her.

Angle is the real deal.

AP reports:

In a secretly taped recording, Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle badmouths the GOP establishment and wheedles a minor-party candidate to support her campaign, offering help opening doors in Washington if she's elected.

The roughly made recording offers an unvarnished look into back-room politics, with tea party favorite Angle alternately nudging and cajoling candidate Scott Ashjian, whose support could be crucial in her bid to oust Majority Leader Harry Reid.

"I'm not sure you can win and I'm not sure I can win if you're hurting my chance, and that's the part that scares me," Angle says on the recording obtained by the Las Vegas Sun newspaper.

Angle is a tea party favorite with a history of breaking from the GOP ranks — in the state Senate, she was known for casting lone, dissenting votes on bills. She defeated the party's preferred candidate, Sue Lowden, in a come-from-behind victory in the June primary.

At one point she laments that the GOP leadership has "lost their standards, they've lost their principles." She refers derisively to "that good old boy thing" and depicts herself as an underdog David fighting Goliath — the constricting machinery of the national party. She tells Ashjian she wants the GOP leadership "to leave me alone," confident she knows how to defeat Reid.

Ashjian says that since 2001, he has considered Democrats and the GOP interchangeable.
"They are all thieves," he says. Angle adds, "It's really been since 1991."

How awesome is that.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Interesting. What are the odds that the Angle campaign released the tape? It's difficult to guess what effect this will have, though. Like the article said, some will like that she is willing to buck the Republican establishment, but others will dislike the appearance of back door dealing, that is a big part of voter dissatisfaction. It could be a wash.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The Tea Party is nothing new to this country. Just wolves in sheep clothing.

I guess that's why they appeal so much to the sheeple, what with looking and acting just like them!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

if the ptb really think this is going to hurt her than they've failed to understand what exactly they're up against.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

yup this is an interesting turn of events....................what the left fails to see that everytime they attack

the majority of americans see through this charade...................and usually backfires and the level of attacks will increase every day now and right up until the election.

but is angle the real deal we will see if she gets elected and how she votes and what she really does

having said that my money is on the real deal.

edit on 4-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I guess that's why they appeal so much to the sheeple, what with looking and acting just like them!

Nothing new? Hmm, when have you seen a conservative movement as large as the TP?
Sheep? The TP?

Seriously?
Look brother the Progressives have got you totally fooled. Look at the votes of the Dems before 1965. OOOOOHH They were conservative!! WOW
So in 1965 the Repub. and Dems swapped places?
Naa. the Progressive left found a new way to get what they wanted by USING people like you and they have been working on it ever since.
Educate yourself!!!! Stop being a TOOL.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
None of these people are Libertarians or Classical liberals, they are just ultra-conservatives. Anyone who wants to enforce their moral order upon me I have a problem with, I don't care what party or what they have to say.

There's only one real small government politician in America and it is Ron Paul, his son is a laughing stock and so are all of the other currently backed Tea Partiers. Offer up a person who truly believes in Life, Liberty and Property and you will have my backing. But that won't happen since the Tea Party is financed by corporations, are a branch of the GOP and their de facto leader is Sarah Palin.

Tea Party = GOTP
edit on 10/4/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I respectfully disagree. There is not a "true conservative" movement. The TP began with the best of intentions, but has been hijacked back into the Republican fold by the likes of Hannity and Beck. Even the TP speaks the same mantra as the Republicans......God and the Constitution.

A true conservative realizes the the Republican party is more off-track than at any time in history. They claim to uphold freedom and the constitution, but they work hard to squash the freedoms of those who disagree politically.

So I say that the TP is not what you think, and maybe you just might fall into the same category you claim others to be in. Best not to point fingers.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Originally posted by The Sword

Nothing new? Hmm, when have you seen a conservative movement as large as the TP?
Sheep? The TP?

Seriously?

Ya seriously

TTP is promoted by the same news station and spin masters that sold the last "liberal" decade to "conservatives" - the war, the spending, the new agencies, the fear, the imperialism... Yet you are have invited these same entities in - clearly they perverted you guys before, they do now and they will again.
So I would say to have the Neocon FOX network shaping and promoting your "movement", pretty muchs fooks your movement and validates a word like sheep, seriously. After all the fan fare the SAME spin masters and agenda makers will drag the whole festering cabal ANYWHERE THEY LIKE!!! You guys sat on your fat asses for a decade, with your finger half way to your throat and didn't have the mind to make a single peep while this outrage was systematically sold by your FOX and your primary party. I have faith that you believe in your cause, I have ZERO faith that you guys can stay on the straight and narrow, in two years time you will sanction microchipped babies and cameras in your own homes, my regressive friends are UNABLE to look in the mirror
EVER!!! walking perfection, gods own hand with poop that smells like White Diamonds

edit on 5-10-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Angle is the real deal.

If by "the real deal" you mean willing to abandon principle and trade favors to bribe someone into dropping out and getting herself elected then I guess you are right...she sure is...

Glad she isn't establishment and has principles and such

Angle: “… only thing that’s different between you and I is I guess I was pragmatic enough to know…that third parties can’t get traction….so I said all right, I’ll work with it. just show me what the rules are and I’ll work with it…the rules are there are Democrats and Republicans…so I moved myself up within the Republican ranks…..”

Angle: Says the grass roots movement “gives me juice. That’s really all I can offer to you (Ashjian) is whatever juice I have, you have as well…You want to see DeMint, I have juice with him….I go to Washington, DC and want to see Jim DeMint, he’s right there for me. I want to see Tom Coburn, he’s right there for me. I want to see Mitch McConnell, he’s there.”

www.lasvegassun.com...

Whatever juice I have..you have as well Now I know she has to have dropped that line dozens of times to big campaign donors.

edit on 5-10-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

That's a bribe?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That's a bribe?

She makes him anoffer to drop out.

Originally posted by maybereal11

Angle: Says the grass roots movement “gives me juice. That’s really all I can offer to you (Ashjian) is whatever juice I have, you have as well…You want to see DeMint, I have juice with him….I go to Washington, DC and want to see Jim DeMint, he’s right there for me. I want to see Tom Coburn, he’s right there for me. I want to see Mitch McConnell, he’s there.”

www.lasvegassun.com...

bribe (brb)
n.
1. Something, such as money or a favor, offered or given to a person in a position of trust to influence that person's views or conduct.
2. Something serving to influence or persuade.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I suppose you could consider that a bribe if you want, although it sounds like typical politics to me.

No cash awards, no position offered, no kickbacks, nothing of any substance was offered other than introductions to other party members which the guy could probably get on his own if he wanted to.

If that's considered "political dirt" by the left, they are going to be hurting come election time.

edit on 5-10-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This race seems like a big mess. You have different Tea Party factions fighting with each other. It seems the guy who released the tape is a local Tea Party canidate with no funding who was ticked off that another group out fo state group called the Tea Party Express with big money backing it, ran attack ads against him. This Angle woman seems like your typical canidate willing to deal and double deal with anyone to get into office. And now the head of he Nevada State Tea Party has resigned because of this. Its seems they arranged the meeting to get the other Tea Party guy to back Angle intead of running himself. And this collection of idiots wants to run the nation?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I suppose you could consider that a bribe if you want, although it sounds like typical politics to me.

edit on 5-10-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

I consider it both ...a "bribe" and "typical politics"...all the more reason that I am confused by your description of Angle as "the real deal".

By your own admission she is a "typical politic(ian)".....yet you eagerly support her despite admitting she is a typical politician.

The conservative right, more so with each passing day, seems to confirm everyones worst fears....they aren't interested in changing the way DC works, they are just fine with corporate influence, lobbying and favor peddling, and corruption....those things serve them well, more so since the "citizens united" ruling...all the far right want to change is WHO IS IN POWER...that is it.

It's depressing.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I don't have anything to gain from arguing with you over this.

All politicians are one and the same. The Tea Party is the new "flavor of the month" much like Obama was in 2008. They will betray you, one way or another.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Look brother the Progressives have got you totally fooled. Look at the votes of the Dems before 1965. OOOOOHH They were conservative!! WOW
So in 1965 the Repub. and Dems swapped places?
Naa.

Educate yourself!!!! Stop being a TOOL.

Yes that is exactly what happend...they swapped places, literally...geographically.

Educate yourself and stop being a TOOL.

See this electoral map...look at the electoral map in say 1900...then 2008. North-South-Flip-Flop

www.270towin.com...

new topics

top topics

join