It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gold Scarcity Lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Lately I have noticed the huge gold push commercials, and for some time it has annoyed me to no end. I finally decided to bring some figures into the public view to let folks know that gold is not a rare metal, and the prices are being deliberately manipulated to hedge against all the toxic assets created and traded by the financial barons. There are several gold pimp companies advertising on the news channels (one of them using G Gordon Liddy as a spokesman). They blabber on about how unstable the economy is and that how gold is the only answer, and how it hedges inflation. Firstly, I am not speaking of holdings or unmined assets. Holding companies are shysters since they sell you a piece of paper that certifies that you have 1 ounce of gold in their vaults. The catch is, they can sell that same ounce of gold to many people (which they will not admit) and each one of them will have a certificate of ownership. If all the certificate holders all decided to have physical possession of their ounce, the gold market would collapse. Or should I say, the monetary value would shatter.
Now as far as I can tell, gold is NOT a precious metal. According to this link here there is currently 160,000 TONS of gold on the surface. I did the math. 1 ton is equal to 32,000 ounces. So, 32,000 x 160,000 comes out to 5,120,000,000 ounces. Yep, thats billions. With a total market value of $ 6,144,000,000,000 (half of our national debt). That's almost 1 ounce for every person on the planet. ONE OUNCE PER PERSON!! And the current figures on how much gold is actually in possession is probably much higher than the numbers I calculated from. So, if gold is so scarce, then why are there 160k tons of it floating around ? And that's not counting the tungsten core bars made in our US Treasury and sent to China. Now on the other hand, there is less than 250 tons of platinum on planet earth. Link here. The stinger is, platinum is running about $1600/oz, whereas gold is over $1200/oz. Do you see something wrong with this? From the link above, there is 159,700 more tons of gold than there is platinum, yet the spot price is only about $400 apart. Seems to me that they are manipulating the scarcity/pricing of gold to keep the value of currency from dropping through the floor. Gold itself is not scarce, but the public concept and illusion of scarcity prevails. They are pushing the metals commodities because stocks and dollar values are garbage. And now the intrinsic value of gold is coming into question. It's similar to the diamond hoarding by DeBeers, creating scarcity in the diamond market. The big difference is the diamonds exist and are vaulted, whereas gold is publicly traded. In the big picture, gold is a main component to leverage credit based on the monetary value of gold, and multiplied by the Fractional Reserve Banking agenda. It's a global banking tool, no doubt about it. How can world bankers sustain themselves with gold backed assets when less than 7 trillion dollars in gold exists? Money Mechanics and monetary multiplication under the control of international bankers.
I know this thread is basically common knowledge, but I just wanted to put a few numbers and calculations out there for discussion. And just to reference a factiod to help comprehend the size and weight of 160,000 tons, the newest cruise ships weigh about 160,000 tons. Yet in comparison, the total platinum would only be enough to make the engine for that ship.

I'm done with my rant now

edit on 4-10-2010 by OuttaTime because: updated link clickie thing

edit on 4-10-2010 by OuttaTime because: wanted to update the current spot price on platinum

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hey, if you can tell me where I can find some 1100/oz platinum, please tell me!!!! I'll make you super rich.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
Hey, if you can tell me where I can find some 1100/oz platinum, please tell me!!!! I'll make you super rich.

I was going by the chart in the first link. My bad. The chart is a bit outdated. Platinum is about $1600/oz according to Kitco. I stand corrected in the pricing, but still, the price/commodity ratio is still grossly lopsided.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't know how disconcerting that is compared to the notion that the EU was discussing going onto the Gold Standard again for currency valuation.

If they do, the US will have to follow.
If that happens at all, then confiscation of private gold will happen again.
Since as far as I know, gold owners will not be compensated, any amount spent on gold by the public will be lost.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
I don't know how disconcerting that is compared to the notion that the EU was discussing going onto the Gold Standard again for currency valuation.

If they do, the US will have to follow.
If that happens at all, then confiscation of private gold will happen again.
Since as far as I know, gold owners will not be compensated, any amount spent on gold by the public will be lost.

'They' have set up a fragile system of assets. It wouldn't surprise if there was a gold confiscation. It's happened before, right after the great depression. I'm bamboozled that the planet got played by the bankers, and there is no outrage.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I read an article a while back that stated once they figure out how to mine underwater there is believed to be 100x the amount of gold in the ocean, than has been mined throughout history. Although it is possibly speculation as to how much gold is under the sea floors, gold is anything but rare. The only part that is rare about it is who will cme up with the ability to mine under the ocean floor first.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of tons yet to be mined, but if they unearthed it, the value of gold would drop off. In order for them to be able to manipulate the monetary value of anything, they first have to develop a scarcity of it. In modern economics, they call it 'supply & demand'. In these days, everything we touch is a dynamic object of controlled value, whether it be gold, food, gas, etc...
It is the complex agenda behind fad and depreciation being used to fuel the supply/demand anomaly. And all of it in a world that needs an established foothold in the credit/debt based cycle of illusional finance and the status quo.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
In the US less then 1 tenth of 1% of the gold that can be economically mined has been.

Do to laws and regulations put on the books by the treehuggers very little of this gold will ever be mined.

Gold is not scarce, mine-able gold is.(laws and regulations)

If the US mined 10% of the gold still in the ground in the US we would not have a weak dollar and everything imported would cost less.

This is why china is getting stronger. They can and do mine all the gold they can.
en.wikipedia.org...

China turns around and invests this gold(as money) in other countries.
That gives china a big advantage as there money is not floated on world markets
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I agree. Mining in the US is a mess. Even as far as land owners having no mineral rights below their property. China had been busy buying Tbills from us, and we are in debt to them pretty deep. Perhaps this will be a domino in the lineup that could flip-flop the global financial superpower between us and China. If they were to expose their current gold reserves to the global banking system, the gold index would freak out

Even though it isn't scarce, it is the defacto standard for backing assets.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Very few Americans ever turned in their gold back in the 30's and very few would turn it in now. Gold and silver have been money since before history was ever written and will continue to be long into the future. Notice most of the commercials yousee are for buying and not selling. I have been a buyer for 30 years of both metals. Fiat currencies have failed every single time in history. Gold and silver have always retained a significant value. I bought most of my silver for under $4/oz and most of my gold for less than $350/OZ. Your dollar is worth less than 4 cents and your dollar has dropped by 50% in less than 40 years. If you believe that dollars will increase in value, you will one day soon understand the value of metals. In Zimbabwee they now have $100,000,000,000 single, $100 trillion dollar, notes that can not buy a loaf of bread. The manipulators are the banks and we will all wake up one day penniless unless you fight back by owning metals that are easily carried and traded. I could be wrong but history is on my side and I have watched this for far too long to know the outcome and it does not look good for any fiat currency. Good luck to you. Read your signature and follow its advice.
edit on 10/4/2010 by Monteriano because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You're exactly right. Currency is junk and the only reason they still make it is because the value still barely exceeds the production cost of it. Lincoln and JFK both tried to introduce gold/silver backed currency, and ironically, both were assassinated From this I understand the depth and power of the banking elite. We'll be experiencing the Rwandan currency crisis soon enough. Again, the supply/demand angle of creating scarcity.

It's good to hear that you have a good hedge against the coming financial collapse. I own none. I've been unemployed and disabled since early 2008 (still fighting the SS admin). The only tradeable commodity I own now is lead and brass, and portable machines that seperate the lead from the brass. I'm already well below the poverty line. If I ever hit the lottery (
) I would invest in platinum or palladium, and possibly in gemstones. If I desired to buy gold, it would be in its raw ingot form (stamped coinage is not a worthy investment in my eyes) I wouldn't drop a nickel into the stock market at all. Flash traders are the controllers, who are the financial giants to begin with. My only hedge against economic collapse now is food and lead/brass trigger activated seperators.
Have a prosperous day, friend.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
yeah these companies keep saying, "We Buy Gold." And then they give you cash, which can easily go worthless at anytime unlike gold. And then after it does and gold is the only currency, then what?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
yeah these companies keep saying, "We Buy Gold." And then they give you cash, which can easily go worthless at anytime unlike gold. And then after it does and gold is the only currency, then what?

That's another angle of the gold market. It will eventuallly collapse, and those without liquifiable assets, will be drawn back into the 1930's era survivalism. That and bartering will make a comeback.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And what are all these companies that buy the gold doing with it? Who founded them and backs them? Has anyone looked into who owns these "buy gold" companies? I mean they need to have a LOT of money for all those people willing/in need of that cash for their precious gold. I know someone who had a solid gold class ring and was so proud of it and swore they'd NEVER part with it. Then they lost their job, turned in this 400$ ring and got $120 for it. People are desperate, and they're willing to sell their gold for cash.
edit on 10/6/2010 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PennKen2009

Oh I'm sure the buyers have direct ties to the elite brokers. It's a win/win for them and a bust for us. As an example, your friend sold his $400 ring for $120 (I'm assuming it was about 1/3 oz). If the gold buyer paid $120 for it, and sold it to the giant broker for a little less than 1/2 spot price, the buyer then turned a $100 profit on it. The big gold barons melt it all into bullion and turn a huge profit from it. If they're paying pawn shop prices for gold, they are accumulating vast profits on resale to brokers. That gold vacuum is filled in with 'legal tender', and it is us that rely on that tender to survive while they vault tons of wealth and more than likely located offshore.
The worst part is, they traded fiat currency for solid assets. Your friend got bits of paper in exchange for 1/3 ounce of gold. I'm sure he/she needed it and I hope it helped him/her well. I really do.
If the economy dives, those with the most gold wins. Currency will be defunct. My mother remembers playing in a trunk filled with confederate paper currency because it was worthless (in the early 1950s). Deja vu anyone?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

The UK Goverment would be Hard Pressed to Confiscate Leprechaun Gold considering the Price it is at now . I would not Hazard to guess how the Leprechauns would react to such an offensive Act by mere Mortals, but we All know that it won't be an easy task.........

edit on 6-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join