It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To All The Haiti Money?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OmiOra

That's not true, Clinton gets oral sex for free from his interns and George Bush hasn't had to pay for coc aine since Superman saved the Columbian coffee crop from Richard Pryor.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Aha heeheehee......

Gut,Yah!.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I believe that Will.I.Am. took all the Haiti money to go into his fund for tartan twill suit jackets, plaid pants, and argyle socks.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Exactly. This is beyond ridicilous. People are suffering.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

He has been Indicated as a Haiti disaster fund racketeer.that's a shame because I liked him inthe wolverine movie.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

It kind of seems like the thinking here is, if we hold on to the money until you forget,it's owers.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I guess you are right, the CIA has flown enough coc aine into the country to support the Bush habit for his life. Maybe Wyclef John used it to try and become President of Haiti. Possibly a way for the US to rule one more unstable nation in the west and spreading it's influence

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OmiOra

I could totally see Wycleaf figurehead a US government of Haiti, we've been taught to make celeberties our leaders here, what a perfect candidate for US control of Haiti.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

yeah but he isn't able to be...i guess the Haiti civil war continues, I'm sure the U.S.wil invest more money into another side of another nations problem and tax citizens more regardless of our economic problems in a way to spread influence. The United States is more focused in pleasing other nations than it's own citizens.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

this is the right answer. also, haiti itself is a black-hole. they wouldn't need so much relief or be so 'disadvantaged' if their own powers at-large were at all organized or uncorrupted. the money went where all money goes, into the hands of someone richer than you. oh, the citizens of haiti are poorer than you, you say? well, yea, then no sh@@ it didn't go to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by BetsnRoses

The funds will be sent to Haiti to rebuild, and the corporate giants/banks will swoop in and grab that money to develop their foothold for free. But the Haitians will be forced to repay the 'loan'.

I have to agree with you there. Instead of giving this mony directly to familys so that they can start picking up the pieces of their lives they will funnel it straight to contractors and banks who will use it in projects that will MOSTLY profit themselves.

If you were to give (at least some) of the money directly to families, the economy would become extremely active due to the smaller construction, utility, and other companies who would have an overwhelming demand for work. These companies would expand due to demand and tons of jobs would be created. Once the initial demand died down the people would still be better off because of all the other jobs that would have been created due to people having a little leisure money to spend. They may begin to open resorts, start manufacturing some goods to export, and maby, possibly, rein in their corrupted government.

And thats why things don't work this way. It would take power from the rich and give it to the poor. The big banks and construction companies will lose out. It was the exact same with the bailouts in Canada and the U.S.

edit on 10/5/2010 by Hatcookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well the church of scientology was apparently "helping" there.

Maybe all that money went to the Haitians being forced to buy their BS books and stuff

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

You wouldn't even need to give it the families. Just give them at least basic housing, sanitation, food and water. After that they could worry about their longtime plans. There is still tons of people living in tent cities there

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

I agree. What happened in Haiti is inexcusable. GovCorp sent soldiers there to 'protect' them, and denied many relief deliveries. I read an article back then about 10,000 UK soldiers arriving with 'relief deliveries'. But the relief delivery was just enough to sustain 10,000 soldiers for 90 days. It was a PR spin. There were hundreds of places that helicopters could have landed, yet airspace was controlled by us. Many elites were backing the concept that Haiti would be the 'Taiwan' of the east. They wanted sweat shops, tourism, and every means to extract and exploit their natural resources. It would create jobs, but only in the facet that all the money loaned to them to rebuild and grow as a nation, are all IMF scams to create debt that cannot be repaid. And while they are depleting Haitian resources, the other entities are insuring that the economy slowly caves in. Once Haiti declares insolvency, the elites can sieze the rest of their resources as 'repayment to old loans', while at the same time lending them MORE money so they can pay their bills. At that point, Haiti will be 3rd world again, but this time they will have no resources, but there will be military bases there to protect military strategies.

It's just another ugly face of Disaster Capitalism. I would suggest watching Zeitgeist Addendum in the section that covers "Confessions of an Economic Hitman'. Collapsing economies has been a geopolitical tool used by the CIA for decades.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Yes, of course, OIL! I knew about the oil reserves, and figured it would be the main reason, in the "staged" scenario, but momentarily forgot! As much as I'd like to believe that the gov't has oh, maybe, altered the weather in a vast array of ways, I have heard from others, that it was intentional. There were photos of wealthier families being airlifted out. How smoothly things run when things are planned out.
And Cat, yes, I believe there are many great charities out there. Absolutely! Anything run by good and decent people with the intent of helping people, regardless of capital gain, comes from the heart and finds it's way.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Why would the church of scientology go somewhere where there was no money? the cult of lord xenu needs a steady cash flow.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BetsnRoses

I found it ironic that the US was in the midst of a 'what if Haiti had an earthquake' drill, just like the drill in progress the same day the twin towers went down, just like the 7/7 drill during their REAL attacks

I had also read that Haiti had thousands X more oil than Venezuela, along with gold, uranium, and other valued resources. And to bring in 2 known and proven crooks to tag team the charity is like sending an arsonist in to put out a blazing fire.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

the clinton bush fundraiser only accounts for 10% of monies collected and even they have spent less than 10% of that on Haiti

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
is anyone investigating this? has this been forgotten again already?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join