It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sars Vaccine is Close

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Scientists have taken the first steps towards developing a vaccine against the deadly Sars virus.

Four monkeys injected with an experimental vaccine produced antibodies against the virus, which showed no signs of gaining a foothold in their lungs.

www.sky.com...

It's too bad about the monkeys, however, they are going to save alot of lives. Especially with how easy it is to transmit this virus (see below).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
First of all the SARS isnt anything more than a bad cold and do we have a vaccine for a cold...No and were not going to find one for a while so give it up hiding in your bedroom crying about SARS.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
SARS nothing more than a bad cold? LOL. Ok. And no one was in their bedroom crying about SARS. Bohica just made an observation. But I assume your observation about SARS comes from a rock solid medical background that you have.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have a question about SARS. Could it be used as a biological weapon such as Smallpox ect? I mean what would happen if a person with full blown SARS got on an airplane? Would the people in the aircraft get it?

What about TB? We had a nurse in our area die of TB 2 weeks ago. She worked on a medical surgical floor and thought she only had an upper respiratory infection. Trying to treat herself I suppose but it has caused quite an issue for people in the area.

I ask thiis because I travel frequently and have just returned from a business trip. Their was a young philipino man (I believe a student) that was very eagar to get on this plane. He kept trying to cut in line, appparently he did not have a seat and was waiting to be assigned a seat(the flight was full). The ticketing agent kept telling him to get back and wait.

Well the young man did get a seat on the flight. I kept watching him the whole flight just because of his actions earlier. He looked like he had a bad fever and he was coughing a lot.

Now this whole episode just got me thinking about what ifs? Could it really happen? I know I am probably being paronid but...what if?

Would a vaccine work after you've been infected?

[edit on 27-6-2004 by aTwistofReality]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
From his fealess charactarization of SARS, it's clear the LK regularly travels to the orient, and to people's bedrooms.

Thank you LK for removing our baseless and silly SARS concerns.

We leave you now to your most important work of chasing those shiny things attached upon automobile wheels, and to your surreptitious forays into our bedrooms.

new topics

top topics

join