It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by inmate2276
I know which object in the sky you speak of. I've noticed for the last few years and it seems to be getting brighter. This particular object is now so bright that you can see it even when it is right next to a bright street light or the chemtrail haze is blocking the rest of the objects in the sky. This should be the sticking point. Some stars are brighter than others, but when one is so bright that you can see it even when nothing else in the sky is visible, then we have something to be concerned about.

This falls in the same category as chemtrails though. Even though it's something everyone can see for themselves, most will just look away because the truth is too scary.

Venus is bright enough to be seen in broad daylight (compare the magnitude chart here to the magnitude mentioned in the video below articles.adsabs.harvard.edu... ). That's normal, and so is its brightness...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

UM SAYEN many even on ATS say nasa cannot be trusted SO????????????

Well then what about other space agencies from other countries, and the plethora of private telescopes and amateur skywatchers are they all not to be trusted also

Btw there are those on ATS that think chemtrails are real should we believe them also?

Just saying...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Argh! Thread necromancy.

It's definitely Venus, and it's normal for it to be that bright. I don't get why some people "it can't be Venus", how can they be so sure? Have they checked the star chart or Stellarium?

Sometimes Jupiter appears very bright, so if you see a bright "star" and know that it's definitely not Venus, then it's more likely Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: theAymen

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by theAymen

I don’t want links to simulation sites or to nasa Ok!

So basically, you wish to remain ignorant on how the solar system works.

Well done! Good for you!

Typical close mindedness BS I say.

NO ..because we know what they say...for five years theyve said the same thing and i dont buy it.

your the one thats closed minded..you blindly follow what nasa and your simulaor says when they both can be manipulated for 1000`s of reasons ranging from security to selfish greed..who knows...but it aint venus

Then do the math yourself!

www.youtube.com...
Yes, you CAN see Venus at night and you do not need to rely on NASA or even Stellarium (which isn't NASA) to know that.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You know, OP, a telescope would settle this. You'd see a planet.

EDIT: Good lawd I just noticed the date of this thread, lol.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ngchunter decided to necro this thread because he's just posted a new thread of his own. I'm not sure it was necessary, or even that this thread's participants are still here on ATS to read these new replies.

And wmd_2008 decided to ressurect another old thread about Venus.

Is there something going on with Venus that I'm not aware of?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

venus is inbetween the earth and the sun right.

You might want to investigate that one.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
For a planet closer to the sun, shouldn't the crescent of the Moon point toward it?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
For a planet closer to the sun, shouldn't the crescent of the Moon point toward it?

A crescent of any object is always pointed at the Sun. If the Moon is seen in the sky closer to the Sun than Venus, the Moon's crescent will point towards the Sun and thus away from Venus. photos

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join