It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
I really don't understand why this thread has so many flags or pages, 1) The nat geo site the OP got his image from EXPLAINS what it is 2) after he explained the location I posted a screenshot from stellarium EXPLAINING what it is, if its not Jupiter, it's possibly the star Fomalhault! Here is the Picture again of what the OP was seeing...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8142b3b1ebc.jpg[/atsimg]

Please, please, please people, believe me, it's not something coming to get us!

edit on 5/10/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

NOOOO! It's coming to eat your brains!!!! - What brains?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Will somebody put this guy out of his misery, please.
And you say that you are 30.

Haven't you heard? NASA is alright now, you can trust them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But regardless what NASA say there is absolutely no need to pay attention to them in this case anyway. For millenia anyone with a functioning set of eyes and the ability to look up has observed and recorded the phases of the moon and this is not new or even strange. You need to get to grip before you completely lose it.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

haha...iv never seen this, ever...and your nasa`s explanation doesnt make sense...they say it happens twice a year...do you see it twice a year??....it weird how you dont question the axial tilt and only put it down to longitude!!..??

with your tone your implying that you know quite a bit....that pic. shows theres an axial tilt...YOUR THE ONE THAT THINKS ITS SCIFI... the earth does wobble..
also
Nasa has private investors, il say no more

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
these thread really annoy me.
You've been given an explaination but you dont wanna accept it cause basicly you're an idiot.
yeah of course its blue beam -_-"

wow superdebz....

im not talking about jupitor or venus...ALOT of people share my thoughts..youd be surprised..if you havnt noticed it..then dont get rude.

if you dont think that humans as a race, now, could not invest in a spacestation etc...then your the idiot.

it seems all countries are trying to get involved..they are all sending craft into space..if you think its for "weather systems" then your a double idiot.

to tell you the truth..if there is something up there...were not gonna be told for another 50yrs...for 1001 reasons.

so...watch the stars. you might see it

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

The reason this is not seen or noticed alot is that is occurs with a new moon or early in the moon cycle. Meaning, this crescent is only seen in early evening for a short period of time when it does occur. It would be sitting close to the western horizon, setting shortly after the sun sets. The image of Jupiter and Venus with the chester cat moon was more noticed for it was a big deal to have the 2 planets with this moon, making either a smiling face or frowning face. The internet allowed people to be aware it was going to occur so many people stepped out at the right time and took notice to it.

Just because you personally have not been in the right place and time to view this on the few occasions it does happen is not a valid reason to think that its never happened.

There are images on the web that show how the moon and Earth and Sun are sitting when this occurs to show WHY it occurs. There is total logic to explain it. Even the ancients took note of this moon when they did see it for they commented that it looks like the moon had 'horns'....""the horned moon"". Im sure they took it as a omen or what ever...and some may still today, but it has everything to do with regular cycles and phases.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
reply to post by pazcat

haha...iv never seen this, ever...and your nasa`s explanation doesnt make sense...they say it happens twice a year...do you see it twice a year??....it weird how you dont question the axial tilt and only put it down to longitude!!..??

with your tone your implying that you know quite a bit....that pic. shows theres an axial tilt...YOUR THE ONE THAT THINKS ITS SCIFI... the earth does wobble..
also
Nasa has private investors, il say no more

First do not put words into my mouth, I did not mention a word of what you said, do it again and I'll send the men in white coats around if they are not already circling.
I certainly never claimed anything at all was sci-fi, unlike this entire thread which is purely sci-fi. That picture does not show an axial tilt of the Moon all it shows is the sunlight shining off of the Moon in a different manner than the normal way you are used to seeing it, the Moon has not moved. And yes the Moon and Earth both wobble but clearly has nothing to do with what you are trying to get at. And again the answer has been given to you ad nauseum in this thread yet you choose to ignore it. And NASA have nothing to do with this at all, why you even bring them up shows just how ignorant you are.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

i only brought uo nasa to say that i dont want them as my only source for informaton.

others seem to be bothered

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

thanx mate that makes total sense...i just got annoyed that i went to nasa`s site and heard this waning ahppens twice a year...it pee`d me off.

but thanks for that..it does make sense...just. its not as often as i was told

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've had my eye on this "star" for a couple years now and it's there all year round.I also noticed that it has it's own course,it doesn't move with our solar system.It actually moves faster.If you watch it you will notice all the other stars move at the same time but that one.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxiTzYoMasterxX
I've had my eye on this "star" for a couple years now and it's there all year round.I also noticed that it has it's own course,it doesn't move with our solar system.It actually moves faster.If you watch it you will notice all the other stars move at the same time but that one.

see what im sayin bruv....its doin my nut lol

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XxiTzYoMasterxX

So your saying for that 2 years straight this 'object' has been viewable, is very bright like the Op suggests, has its own path (similar to like planets each have their own path)?

Does it move westward?

Can you step out and observe it right now? What is the direction? And its in no way a planet? Are you saying it has never left the sky? Its always viewable?

And why do you suppose that others cant see this object you are seeing? Because I do observe the sky every night and have yet to see this 'object' that is always there, that does not move westward over time like all the other lights in the sky. I never see a object that is as bright as Venus or Jupiter.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

one day you will see it trust me....its also brighter than venus or jupitor

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Im pretty sure it does happen twice a year. I never said that it didnt. I said that its not noticed much for when it does happen, it can only be viewed for a very short amount of time. Plus its so low in the horizon when this happens.

Each time it happens in the year has its own name. One is called the wet moon and the other time is called the dry moon.

Ill be the first to say that NASA does not always have correct information, but you can always research and double check the info instead of just shrugging it off cause its from NASA>

I have a thread on ATS somewhere that shows that NASA has a list of moon phases from past dates and posted proof that their moon phases were incorrect. So I have learned to use only astronomy sites and still double check everything.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

So why cant I see it now? That makes no sense. I think what you are seeing is a planet. The direction of southwest at 1am like you said is where JUPITER is at 1am-3am. So why is it not Jupiter is Jupiter is in the southwest direction at this time? So your saying, you see Jupiter in the southwest, as well as this other object that is brighter then Jupiter? Can you then take a picture of Jupiter and this object together, for they should be close together. This would give alot more credit to what you are saying. If your looking to the southwest around 1am at this object...you should also be able to see Jupiter there...and take a pic of them in the same image. Can you do that?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Definitly Jupiter, confirmed with Stellarium

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Dude, oxygen is good for the brain. Breathe .....

Relax .....

Breathe some more ......

(picture Jim Carrey) Breathing is good ... Breathing is gooooood ....

edit on 7-10-2010 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Venus is currently near (or just past) the point where it appears furthest from sun so it's setting later, late enough now for both Venus and Jupiter to be reasonably high in the sky at the same time from my place on earth at least (Venus in the NW and Jupiter NE). Tonight there was enough cloud cover to block out all the stars but those 2 planets still shone through it with ease. Venus is like a beacon atm and Jupiter is not much dimmer so they could be mistaken for each other to the naked eye but a very modest telescope can sort them out quickly as Venus is currently like a crescent moon while Jupiter is a full disc with moons. Both are good viewing even on my lowest magnification (50x)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

firstly thanks you lot...i have downloaded stellarium

look ...... this is the first time jupitor has been that close for 40 years i hear....so what was that weird bright star we usually see......as for seeing it now ....it suddely appears over head...very bright then dissapears
it doesnt cross the sky like the other planets....it stays locked in one position....then moves suddenly...sort of jumps..
edit on 7-10-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
OP: hard to believe that you would plow through 9 pages of posts just to fall into lock-step with the dis-information brigade. Hard to believe, but, watch: the Cheshire moon, bowl moon, horned moon, boat moon, wet moon etc. doesn't occurr twice a year or twice a century or twice a millenia - it happens once a month on the equator. Since 2003 it happens all over the world - as far north as the U.K. What does this mean? I had hoped that your thread would explore this but I am disappointed and a bit ticked that it is just more smoke and mirrors. Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

You mean that prior to 2003 the Earth had no axial tilt? I had no idea.
But...wouldn't that mean that there were also no seasons? Oh my goodness. I that correct OP?

edit on 10/7/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join