It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Church: Deceptions and Control

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by IAMIAM
reply to post by adjensen

Here is a question that is important to the understanding in this discussion. What language was the earliest Christian writings written in?

Anybody??

edit on 9-10-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

more than one.

original Latin, but that was probably translated from Hebrew (by Hebrew scholars)!

Not probably, but actually, and the Latin translation was not the original version of the Bible, nor was it translated from Hebrew to Latin. As I posted earlier, the New Testament was written in Greek (with some chance that a bit of that was translated from Hebrew) and the Old Testament of the Christian Bible was a Greek translation of Hebrew text.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I understand your faith and why you believe as you do. I do not condemn you for it. It is not contrary to my beliefs, except for the fear based recruiting.

If you read the posts that I have made in other threads, you will find that I, too, am not particularly fond of fear based faith, which I would consider to be a rather weak faith, at best. Works for some people, I guess, like the "33 Minutes in Hell" guy, but it's not for me.

However, I'm not a Quaker, or another denomination which believes that there are no consequences for our actions. To expect God to just say "okay, you didn't listen to me, you acted terribly, but okay, you're in" is merely to ask him to acquiesce to evil, and I find that both unlikely and unpleasant. Of course, that's simply my view, I don't expect God to hold to my feelings :-)

I'd sooner that people chose God out of a desire to live in harmony with him and each other, but different strokes for different folks. If someone needs the threat of hell hanging over their head, they are welcome to it, but I am not the one to deliver it.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Re adjensen

Your quote (to IAM)

"For someone who claims that all ways are equal, you sure spend a lot of time arguing that some ways are not :-)"

In your usual way of confusing issues outside of you authoritarian holy bubble, you seem to be unaware of the difference between anarchy and liberal society.

Some people are not strong enough to stand alone, but need to huddle in the warmth of a group. Mankind has a great deal of instincts from the evolutionary period, when the herd with a strong, preferable violent, leader, was a survival necessity. But this is obsolete now, we can get along without totalitarian hierarchies, as various cultures have demonstrated on and off the last 2-3000 years.

But there are unfortunately still a few percent 'homo rapiens' born, who can't adjust to 'sapient' ways. Where these types earlier had a function of using their ego-drive for the benefit of their group, they now become raving sociopaths instead and throw as many pebbles as possible in the mechanisms of symbiotic society. Ridden with the obsession to become sandbox-bullies, nothing is below them. Open genocide, twisted ideology. Backstabbing and lying at the individual level.

Such individuals surf on the residues of mankind's herd-instincts.

adjensen. Formerly I suggested, that everyone interested enough should read NT acts and epistles to form their own opinion on my intensive pauline criticism. You were negative about this. Are you into some kind of 'educating the masses', where the herd needs authoritative 'guidance'? With you as one of the 'teachers', in possession of 'truth'?

PS For new readers: My opinion is, that both in practical attitude and ideology, Hitler and Paulus are almost identical. They also most likely have the same hidden masters.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Re adjensen

Your quote (to IAM)

"For someone who claims that all ways are equal, you sure spend a lot of time arguing that some ways are not :-)"

In your usual way of confusing issues outside of you authoritarian holy bubble, you seem to be unaware of the difference between anarchy and liberal society.

See the little smiley that you quoted? I was obviously just having a go at him, and, based on his response, he got it. Sorry that you didn't.

adjensen. Formerly I suggested, that everyone interested enough should read NT acts and epistles to form their own opinion on my intensive pauline criticism. You were negative about this. Are you into some kind of 'educating the masses', where the herd needs authoritative 'guidance'? With you as one of the 'teachers', in possession of 'truth'?

PS For new readers: My opinion is, that both in practical attitude and ideology, Hitler and Paulus are almost identical. They also most likely have the same hidden masters.

So, once again, you ignore a direct question about your basis with a personal insult and the intellectually lazy "do the research yourself!" statement that everyone with an unsubstantiated belief uses. You make no "intensive pauline criticism", you insult the guy, make radically wrong statements and assumptions, and run away when someone points out your error.

Except now, you toss Hitler into the mix. Bogomil, meet Godwin's Law. Discussion over, you lose.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Re jensen

your quote:

"....you lose."

Who's the referee?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Antiquity, like today, the agenda never alters:More Followers = More Money = More Power. They are not called "lambs" for nothing. Followers = "lambs". And how have they gotten away with it for all these years? Because of YOU (& Me), we didn't know, and so we followed those who said they knew. And that's how sheep and lambs are made. Now is the time to learn to ask THE RIGHT QUESTION(S) and so prepare ourselves to received THE RIGHT ANSWERS. And how will we know that they are the right answers? There is a barometer for knowing the Truth. And here is that barometer (as found on the pages of The Holy Bible King James Version ONLY:
111-222-333-444-555-666-777-888-999, this formula has always been on the pages of The Holy Bible and in one version of The Holy Koran, and one version of The Holy Torah, and on other UNrelated objects, one of them being our Planetary Configuration of 2 - Earth - 6....or 216. If you have understanding, you will get this matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

"...What is truth?..."
And why shouldn't the Catholic Church want riches, power and a mass of sheep to lead? Why, because it is all they have going. If the Pope is Earths connection to God, then why do they know so little about the main character of their religion: "Jesus of Nazareth". If you were to ask the Pope; 'when was Jesus really born?', he would more than likely say: 'nobody really knows, but that's not really important, what IS important is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour?', and that would shut us down. But, notice he did not answer a very easy question, he and his minions have evaded that question since they started up their money/power franchises.
That one question has an exact and PROVABLE answer: Ask me when exactly was Jesus born? And I will show you how YOU CAN EASILY PROVE the exact day, month, year, and hour. Jesus was born at 9:00pm on the 343rd day of the year 6 B.C. (our 9th of December). When ever you are ready to learn this: 111-222-333-444-555-666-777-888-999, I will be waiting to teach you about TRUTH as I have found it hidden in plain sight for thousands of years. When ever you are ready.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamG2016

"...What is truth?..."
And why shouldn't the Catholic Church want riches, power and a mass of sheep to lead? Why, because it is all they have going. If the Pope is Earths connection to God, then why do they know so little about the main character of their religion: "Jesus of Nazareth". If you were to ask the Pope; 'when was Jesus really born?', he would more than likely say: 'nobody really knows, but that's not really important, what IS important is Jesus Christ your Lord and Saviour?', and that would shut us down. But, notice he did not answer a very easy question, he and his minions have evaded that question since they started up their money/power franchises.
That one question has an exact and PROVABLE answer: Ask me when exactly was Jesus born? And I will show you how YOU CAN EASILY PROVE the exact day, month, year, and hour. Jesus was born at 9:00pm on the 343rd day of the year 6 B.C. (our 9th of December). When ever you are ready to learn this: 111-222-333-444-555-666-777-888-999, I will be waiting to teach you about TRUTH as I have found it hidden in plain sight for thousands of years. When ever you are ready.

Zzz...Zzz....Zzz...Zzz...Zzz...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

RRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!

In my thread THE SOLOMON FORMULA: Theophysical Science
I clearly state, this matter is not for everyone. You can stay asleep
or you can WAKE UP! Pleasant dreams anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Notes taken from college lecture: subject was religion origins.

Babylonian / Roman / Hebrew “money funnel” Economies
– seek to control populations (wide-area banking systems).

Phoenicians were “pre-Hebrew”, Semitic society groups that dominated and “governed” trade and finance
(3000 b.c. – 1000 b.c.) (Multi-nation influence).

Hebrew / Jewish “faiths” and “laws” created by “elitist” financial and trade groups (banking)
from various Semite “ruling class” post-Phoenician nations (no “national” borders).

Scholars from these groups “create” the Hebrew language (from Phoenician-Canaanite) and create a pre-Latin language (from Greek).

Latin to be used primarily by the trade and financial sub-groups (from different ethnic populations), and military forces.
Latin to be used to consolidate many Italic languages (mostly “spoken” languages, not “written” at major trade junctions, city of Rome, etc.).
Hebrew to be used by “elite” educated scholar groups (consolidated Semites).

“Old Testament” created and written by Hebrew “scholars and scribes”.

Attempt to control all other beliefs and consolidate into one belief - for trade and financial control (universal banking).
Consolidates different Semite languages.
Anti-Paganism
Used (and enhanced) many exaggerated “Pagan” stories and myths and folk lore to fit agenda and spread “Jewish” influence (mostly financial).
Jewish “expulsions” and “exiles” created (with ruling governments) to allow Jewish “colonizing” in “open” territories (infiltration of economies).
Creates “historical” “records” based on fears and legends.
Hebrew “envoys” and “scouts” (well-educated and multi-lingual) contact “target” territories
– attempt “Judea” conversions (economic goals) prior to military invasions (some success).

“New Testament” created and written by Hebrew “scholars and scribes” - 1st century by secret Roman agreements.

Hebrew Anti-Pagan efforts were failures.
Hebrew beliefs were not widely accepted by general (conquered) populations.
Hebrews create “anti-Jewish” (anti-Semitic) rivalries to set stage for a “new”, more popular “religions”.
Hebrews create un-provable “history” from mythical events and stories and fictional characters, and create new Date system (B.C., A.D.)
(not “officially” recognized by genuine Hebrew beliefs).
Roman govt and Hebrew Scholars “align” and “invent” the appearance of being “rivals” (includes military expeditions).
Roman govt accepts and begins codification of “Jewish” financial influences (banking systems).
Hebrew scholars consolidate and re-invent a Latin alphabet, for common use by populations (west).
“New Testament” written in more than one “language” to “accommodate” conquered populations.

Paganism was the predominant belief at the time.

Latin became predominant language (easily understood by conquered populations) in Roman Empire (west).

Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic were widely spoken (east and west).

Roman efforts to control society with a “new” belief (Christianity") – 2nd thru 5th century.

False flag “Laws” enacted to promote “Christianity” and demote “Judaism”.
“Historical” Myths of “Hebrew” slavery and mass discrimination created to enhance the “anti-Semitism” agendas.
“news” and “events” are created of Jewish massacres, expulsions, etc. (some truth)(sacrificial “investments”).
Allows for more “Jewish Expansion” into new territories (established new trade routes and merchant groups).
Christianity rejected by Arab factions - Roman East.
Christianity generally accepted by - Roman West.
Hebrew scholars “create” and write Islam beliefs to counter Christian beliefs.
Arab factions accept Islam and eventually adapt to “Jewish” financial systems.

Sub-Latin languages and “spin-off” Hebrew languages created and enhanced to allow better (religious) “manipulation” of localized populations,
- 6th century thru Middle Ages to present day 21st century.

Establishes strong “ethnic” groups (new nationalities and languages) through local inbreeding after intermingling.
Continuation of “culture – counter-cultures” agendas (religious) among “financially conquered” territories.
Continuation of “Hebrew suppression” myths and Jewish “suffering” to further the financial and power agendas.
Continuation of “governments” public anti-Semitism agendas and furthering of “Jewish” privately controlled economies and expansions.
Continuation of attempted “Judea” conversions (economic goals) prior to military invasions (some disguised as “Islam” or “Christian”) (some success).
“Dark Ages” created to mask solidification efforts of major “religions” (the ‘Big Three’), and to solidify “historical” record keeping.
Continuation of language manipulation for economic control agendas.
Establishment of “learning” institutions for further development of economic agendas (economic dominance through “education”).

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

words written down of what I have seen and heard with very similar NT scriptures reference

Many years later(after seeing a winged angel bright like lightning glowing bright white all over) and one night also, though I think both events were in the wee hours of morning I really don't remember or know for certain, when I had begun to open a pocket size green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the kitchen bar a few days earlier yet before reading anything, I heard an audible voice speak as if sitting beside me to the left that said my name then- “I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish” exceedingly awestruck (previous to this I was saying God and specifically Christian anything was all just something for the weakminded) I quickly stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord-

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Corinthians5.14

As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied.-Acts9.3

edit on 18-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I concluded there is much misunderstanding and ignorance under the nations about what God wants us to know. As the bible states not everybody is able to read the Holy scripture. Those whom are are normally willing to clarify it for us. Keep an ear in silence and you will hear.

Control by deceptions never last but where sad to have been. I can clarify a lot for you if you want to.

I will immediatly raise a thread in this thread.

Evil is detestable but I find it is heartbreaking seeing others letting in with it. EvIt disrupts the trust and thus the friendship.

Jesus is your brother and sister. What you doeth unto your brother you doeth unto Him.Your heart knows your flaws. That way you can repare. First you need a set of friends to start your life. Friendship. Luttle friendship. Do unto your brother and sister as you want to be done to yourself, that way you serve Jesus.

It should be easy to understand this teaching.

Knowledge*

Knowledge is very important to carry, the more you know the more you can make good men and can take care in your life. Grow in wisdom. It is only blessing.

The Scripture gives trust and explaines experiences.

Greetings! I have to go..

X X
X X
X
XX
X

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions

To many, religion has been a source of support. Religion has provided millions with a structure for their life, stretching out a path ahead of them to look to and follow. Gathering under the roof of a church, in a positive environment has been supremely beneficial to many as well. Many people, at some point in their life have truly needed the mental and spiritual support that some churches can offer. The Catholic church, and other Christian religions seem to be benign. But what if you look deeper?

To it's core, it's foundations, back to the beginning? Is there an ongoing effort to supress information and diving knowledge?

THE CORE IS THE WORD AND ADAM, FIRST MAN WHO BROUGHT RELIGION UPON HIS CHILDREN AND SO FORT; THOUGHT RELIGION IS ALWAYS FOUND WITHIN. ONE KNOWS WHEN ONE DOES WRONG. IF YOU FEEL YOU KEEP HANGING ON INTO SOMETHING, DON'T GIVE UP. KEEP ON FIGHTING UNTILL YOU WIN.

Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys to knowledge and have hidden them."

NOT EVERYBODY CAN READ THE SCRIPT, BUT THEY WHO CAN SHOULD BRING FORTH THE MESSAGE TO MEN.

The Gospel of Thomas: Saying 39

The above statement could be interpreted as, 'your leaders, as well as those in charge, and those who write your laws and beliefs are hiding from you the truth. Personally, I think this definitely applies to the Catholic Church. Why are the Vatican's private libraries private? Why begin to publish reprints or pdf versions of thier codices?

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH KNOWING TRUTH, TRUTH IS GOD'S FOR US ALL TO KNOW. WHEN YOU KNOW THE TRUTH OF SOMETHING BAD THAT HAPPENED THAT SHOULD BE KNOWN TOO. WHEN THEY HOLD TRUTH FOR THEMSELVES THEY SHOULD GIVE YOU A COURSE IN LIFE FOR YOU TO FOLLOW TO GET TO KNOW WHAT YOU'VE ASKED. THE DEVIL IS ALSO AROUND WHEN THERE IS SPOKEN ABOUT TRUTH SO PEOPLE CAN BE MISLEAD LEAVING YOU A MATTER UNKNOWN;

Above, I quoted the Gospel of Thomas, obviously it is not a canonnized book in the bible. And, there are those who claim there is good precedence for it. However, is it really a question of legitamacy? Or, is it because of the potential dangerous material that apocryphal books contain? I say dangerous, because a common theme in many apocryphal books is Gnosticism. The definition of gnosticism is: a religious movement characterized by a belief in gnosis, through which the spiritual element in man could be released from its bondage in matter: regarded as a heresy by the Christian Church (from the greek word 'gnosis' which means knowledge.

In the 13th century the Catholic church violently attempted to stomp out gnostic followers known as the Cathars, or Cathari. There is debate whether or not the church attempted a peaceful eradication of this group which was beginning to have a widespread following. I'm not sure there is a such thing as a peaceful eradication. The gospel of Thomas can be found in the Nag Hammadi library. The Nag Hammadi library, dated to the second century, is essentially 52 or so gnostic treaties. The were found buried, hidden away, probably because of the punishment for possessing "heretical" writings. Side note: There were many other groups other than the Cathars, such as Valentinians and Waldensians.

I digress...back to my point. The Catholic Church has and always will need an abundance of parishoners. Without followers there is no church.

THE CHURCH IS MANKIND, HOW STRONG IS OUR FOUNDATION, THE WALLS, THE ROOF?

The more followers, the more power and control. This is the case for any corporation, government, or empire. Texts such as; the Book of Thomas, the Gospel of Thomas, The Secret Book of James, the Book of Enoch, etc. have some common traits. None of which, promotes the need for a church, or religion for that matter. by controlling the flow of knowledge, those in control remain in control.

Jesus said, "Rather, the kingdom is inside you and outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and will understand that you are children of the living Father...."

The Gospel of Thomas: Saying 3.

JESUS said, "LET ONE WHO SEEKS NOT STOP SEEKING UNTIL ONE FINDS. WHEN ONE FINDS, ONE WILL BE DISTURBED. WHEN ONE IS DISTURBED, ONE WILL BE AMAZED, AND WILL REIGN OVER ALL"

The Gospel of Thomas: Saying 2.

Jesus said, "Do not lie or do what you dislike, since all things are clear before Heaven...."

The Gospel of Thomas: Saying 6.

"This is how you can aquire the kingdom of Heaven. If you do not acquire it through knowledge, you will not be able to find it."

The Secret Book of James: 4:19

These sayings among countless others encourage us to seek out knowledge. To search for ourselves, to try and understand our true selves, and that there is divinity within us all. It also speaks of individualism. This is why many scientist of the time had a gnostic approach to their spirituality. The ability to reconcile their beliefs with the pursuit of knowledge. The inquistions was just another attempt to stomp out any opposition the the church's iron fist mentality of control of the populations. The inquisitions which sporatically entailed large periods of time from the twelth century to the nineteenth century (Medieval, Spanish, Portugeese, and Roman inquisitions) persecuted anyone who sought out their own way spiritually. i.e. witchcraft, gnosticism, Judaism, science, and just about anything else viewed as being a threat.

"This is how you can aquire the kingdom of Heaven. If you do not acquire it through knowledge, you will not be able to find it."

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. Too often I have wondered why things are the way they are now and too often I'm told "Just because". I am on a journey to find the truth about the religion I was raised in...the Catholic religion. Considering that I have many unanswered questions it just gets weirder by the day. I know for a fact the the church is covering allot and that though they are the biggest Christian denomination out there the Catholic church is also in my opinion the most corrupt for that reason. I pray that people will find the answers they are searching for cause I know I'm determined to do so.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Katara

How do you know that they are hiding a lot?

Have you considered that you aren't asking the right question of the right people?

What is it that you believe that the Catholic Church is hiding and why do you believe that?

Eric

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Hi Eric,
I believe that for a number of reasons the Catholic Church is hiding allot because there are some things that just don't add up to me. Like the fact that they admit to changing the Sabbath day from a Saturday to Sunday. Then they refuse to answer questions which can date back to centuries on why not all of the gospels were included in the bible. In my opinion ALL scriptures found should be pieced together to form one document so that regardless of the content we are given the opportunity to decide for ourselves what's right and what's wrong. But instead from the council of Nicea the powers that be made that decision for us till this day. So even though generations have been and gone, and we as a civilised nation know better there still are no changes made.
Then on top of this, there is the cover up of the child molestation committed within the church. It disgusts me knowing that though members of the Vatican knew of the situation this continued for so long and the members of the families that suffered were paid for their silence.

I'm also upset that the families and innocent people that have died for religious wars have gone through such an agonising experience. It seems that a whole generation was lost under the guise of the church and it's just not fair. There can be truth found in almost every religion yet people are taught to be faithful and loyal to one religion that there is no room for open mindfulness and growth to learn about the world today.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katara
reply to post by EricD

I believe that for a number of reasons the Catholic Church is hiding allot because there are some things that just don't add up to me. Like the fact that they admit to changing the Sabbath day from a Saturday to Sunday.

Well, this "change" was to correspond with Christ's resurrection, as well as the fact the Apostles gathered on the first day of the week (which was Sunday) to worship after Christ's death, proof of which is found in the Gospel Letters and the writings of the Early Chuch Fathers. Also, Jesus Christ declared Himself to be "Lord of the Sabbath", therefore... I don't think the Mark of the beast is the change of the Lord's day to Sunday as many of the Seventh Day Adventists do.

Then they refuse to answer questions which can date back to centuries on why not all of the gospels were included in the bible
. Please provide a source for this sentence.

In my opinion ALL scriptures found should be pieced together to form one document so that regardless of the content we are given the opportunity to decide for ourselves what's right and what's wrong.

So any person of any dubious nature could write something, declare it inspired by the Holy Spirit, and we would be subjected to it?
Christ set up His church in the Gospels of the Sacred Scripture. Not church(es). Church.
Matthew 16:17-9
"Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (NIV)

Matthew 18:15-18-"
“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

He did not say "synogogue". He clearly said Church. One Church. One Flock.
Peter as the head with the keys to the Gates of Heaven, given to him by Jesus Christ himself. Peter was the leader throughout the Gospels of all Apostles. Peter was the leader throughout the entire book of Acts. Peter stood up and initiated the action of deciding how and who to take the place of Judas the Iscariot.

Apostle Paul instructing Timothy in his first letter to Timothy- 1 Tim 3:15
"If I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."

I'm also upset that the families and innocent people that have died for religious wars have gone through such an agonising experience. It seems that a whole generation was lost under the guise of the church and it's just not fair.

Was it fair for the 800-900 people beheaded by Mohammed himself in his Holy Wars against Christians? Did Jesus Christ kill a single person in His Ministry?

Are all Holy Wars to be laid at the feet of the Catholic Church as their fault? Was the Pope the one at the head of the army, leading the charge?
Let's look very carefully at those wars, why they were fought. Men are fallible, and the Pope himself is fallible, only infallible regarding official teachings on faith and morals, like the Encyclicals published, as they are believed to be guided by the Holy Spirit.

There will be many who come in my name...Christ said himself. He foretold false doctrines being taught in His name as well. He foretold that the elect would be worn out by the Evil One.

For the child molestation cases, they are heart breaking...
These children trusted men of God. That is inexcuseable, no matter what the faith.
But your assertation of the church buying their silence is ludicrous... these cases didn't even come to light until much later, and now the church is making monetary restitution to the victims.

I find all child abuse repugnant. One good thing is that the Catholic Church keeps such meticulous records that the priests don't just "disappear" into the night like the laity of other churches do when their job is up. It is easy to find these creeps.
God Bless~

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The catholic church seems like an old mumbo jumbo, but hey, they are still alive!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is not intended to be insulting, nor a jab at anyone, but something that has always been a question in my mind, even after reading, researching, and much prayer is...What are we seeking salvation from? Are we seeking salvation from being human, salvation from being deceived, or are we seeking salvation to allow our minds to continue on the path which the leaders have deemed we follow?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Don't we have memries of a conversion in our years as a Child? God searched for us to become one with Him in Christ but this happens early as 6 years old. We lack fascination.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join