reply to post by ModernAcademia
I imagine it going something like this.
1) The economy crash's due to smaller government and the cutting of social programs which halt the middle and lower class from spending. (You do
realize that when the system gets de-regulated, banks, credit card companies, insurance companies, etc will take advantage of any and everything that
will increase their bottom line, just like what happened with the housing bubble, don't you?)
2) Because the middle class and lower class stop spending, the USA and other developed countries economies completely crash.
3) Almost the entire world's citizens are poor, rioting, protesting, and violence ensues. Martial Law is put in place for the safety of all.
4) World leaders meet to come up with ways to resolve the situation.
5) Countries like Iran who don't solely depend on exports to the USA have a stronger economy than the rest.
6) World leaders from most countries vote to unite all their countries under one banner and one currency. Civil war breaks out in different parts of
the world but mostly the USA. The union dissenters are defeated.
7) Capitalism will be considered the cause of the collapse of the economy and the new union will be a socialistic democracy.
8) Countries like Iran will further distance and separate themselves from the new union.
9) who knows where it goes from there.
This will more than likely happen. Are you afraid? I'm not.