It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retribution is less than 1 month away!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Republican, Democrat, Independent... it doesn't matter!!
Take a look at this and remember in the November 2010 elections.

U..S.. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.

They voted to NOT give you a S.S. Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.

Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years

You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/yr.

Your total 2-yr loss and cost is -$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.

Over these same 2-years each Congress person will get $10,000 EXTRA

Will they have your cost of drugs - doctor fees - local taxes - food, etc., decrease?
NO WAY.

Congress received a raise and has better health and retirement benefits than you or I.

Do you feel SCREWED yet?

Why should they care about you?
You never did anything about it in the past.
You obviously are too stupid or don't care.
Do you really think that Nancy , Harry, Chris, Charlie, Barny, et al, care about you?
Send the message to these individuals --- "YOU'RE FIRED!"

In 2010 you will have a chance to get rid of the sitting Congress: up to 1/3 of the Senate and 100% of the House!

Make sure you're still mad in November 2010 and remind their replacements not to screw-up.

Maybe it's time for Amendment 28 to the Constitution..

28th Amendment will be as follows:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ."

Washington has brought this upon themselves! It's time for retribution. Let's take back America...!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Voting out the scum politicians will only put some other scum politician in his/her place. The ultimate fix (in my opinion) is term limits. Take the allure away from the job so only true American patriots that really want to better our country can get elected.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm sitting this one out. I'm sorry but I'm not going to vote out one side show for another.

- God save the Republic!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Totally empathizing with the OPs sentiment, and fully understanding where it comes from, I have a single question to ask.

When did we become so conditioned that we think we have to vote new people into office in order to call for accountability? The new people are going to be exactly as accountable as those who hold office right now.

Forget November. Let's call these folks to the carpet TODAY.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

vote every incumbent out, every year, for someone who hasn't served before. do this every single election with the demand that the next bunch instate term limits! do this over and over and over, until someone is smart enough to realize that 2 terms if the most they're gonna get and thats better than 1...and finally comply.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree we haven't had accountability but we must rid ourselves of the ones who have already offended and let the next team know the rules have changed.

Term limits are needed also.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

vote every incumbent out, every year, for someone who hasn't served before. do this every single election with the demand that the next bunch instate term limits! do this over and over and over, until someone is smart enough to realize that 2 terms if the most they're gonna get and thats better than 1...and finally comply.

I like that.
2nd line.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
Voting out the scum politicians will only put some other scum politician in his/her place. The ultimate fix (in my opinion) is term limits.

I really do like that idea. I think that would be part of the solution.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Voting doesnt mean a damn thing.. It just gives the people an illusion of freedom... Nothing will change the corruption and abuse of power will continue...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
People never remember the 1$ that their representative stole from them over the past 4 years.

They only remember the 10 cents they got back...

It's sad, but this election won't change a thing.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

agreed!!!!

vote definately vote it wont fix the problems but it can mitigate things........
like its been said vote the incumbents out and put your next door neighbor in who believes in term limits and take it from there,

what needs to be done cant be done overnite and it will take time but getting them out now is that first step in the long list of things that have to be adressed.

carry on my fellow wayward sons......my fellow sons of liberty

edit on 4-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've been contacted by both Dems and Republicans concerning who I'm going to vote for. My answer is simple I will be voting against all incumbents; it's past time government officials listened to the voters. If they keep losing their jobs eventually they might wake up. In the mean time it's essential that you stay in contact with them and speak your mind. The squeaky wheel gets the grease; be a thorn in their side and don't let them poopoo you. We all want change and to do that we must get involved; demonstrate, write letters or emails. Mirror the change you want.

new topics

top topics

join