It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Homosexuality Fad.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

OH my god, I want to tell a sexist joke to you, but you JUST make SO much sense!
Awful..ruining my sleepless night.

Okay, NRE, so you're not actually one of the people who stay blindfolded? You notice the insensitivity on TV, the new view of companionship and romance.

See, I'm sort of leaning towards any new "romance" between a couple as actually being just another game that is doomed to fail from the beginning.
Maybe TV and modern culture has tainted the world beyond repair, I don't know, but it's nice to see other people noticing the way we have changed.

I get that you were referring to men, and I can't argue, even the women that have made me feel pity and sickness were likely just the product of one of those romance games.

Anyone serious about a real, lasting, relationship is likely too far damaged for it to work. By the time they have learned their lesson and no longer feel pleasure from temporary games are too far gone, closed up, broken.

I think you should go deeper into your thoughts. I want to analyze it like a creepy mod or something.

edit on 4-10-2010 by LimbicSystem because: My eye wont stop twitching

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by LimbicSystem

if kids will copy this

they will copy anything.

Wow, what gullible children.
God forbid Bugs Bunny becomes cool again...well, actually, I'd so change my style from discount to Bugs Bunny if that were the case.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

Of course they wanted it to happen - it was Spartan in that sense.
However it also helped to isolate the true homosexual boys in that tolerance of sexual abuse - and they faced grim consequences.
You think male rape in prisons is not supposed to happen?
The same anti-gay right-wingers want to send more people to prisons, at increasingly younger ages (and prisoners are not allowed condoms).
It's shocking.

edit on 4-10-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

it's been well known for decades upon decades that male rape in prison is known about and in many ways encouraged by guards and wardens as a mechanism of control.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thankyou for your opinions and your maturity to this thread, greately appreciated!

I'd just like so say though in regards to you saying that young girls always have the attention of boys. and is true to some respects
BUT
The steriotype on women has developed to a extremely dangerous degree which men are beggining to accept. It is very easy, as a young woman, to think that your appearance is your self worth.
Because it is very hard for young women to live up to these standards they look to other forms to get male attention apart from just being themselves. One of these being pretending to be lesbian to get attention to boys (also note excessive promiscuity, you would hate to see my generation!
)
Im letting you know this as you said you have kids, this may be one thing you would like to sheild them from if you have not done so already

Now back onto topic!
when i was talking about kids in past tense i ment like, say the kid was not exposed to this fad so therefore they did experiment and ended up having a heterosexual partership and ended up having a few kids yeah?
but on the flip side:
they were exposed to the fad and ended up liking being with the same sex, so these potential kids never happened.
Please tell me if i am not making sence

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Wow. That is absolutely sickening.
No condoms? Power seems to be more important than anything these days, even the good of the community.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

it's been well known for decades upon decades that male rape in prison is known about and in many ways encouraged by guards and wardens as a mechanism of control.

And also because in most cases, if a guard comes to the aid of someone in the middle of being raped,
that person being raped will turn up dead very soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

mr. d, with all due respect, it wasn't only homosexuality that got sodom and gomorrah destroyed.

the general attitude of the places did.

this society today places too much on sexuality, i guess it's just more in the open, music vids, ads, internet, etc.

younger and younger exposed.

there were times homosexuality was not frowned upon and bi was almost the norm.

sexual exploration by teens is not new at all, that's when all the hormones start kicking in and is fairly natural.

so yes, looks like a fad, no it's been done forever.

and no one can make you turn gay if you don't want to.

watch "xena" and "looking for mr. goodbar"

instead of the twilight stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Its not for self gratification, it cant be. As a social person we can make claims, but as women, we know the deal. This is something that is left out of the frame of man, due to the constant claiming's of something different.

This doesn't make things better, but there is no frame work to change it. Men would rather that women fake it, then to admit that they like female companionship. Just turn on the t.v, watch a commercial. We have been pulled apart.

Peace, NRE.

Noregretever, please don't speak for me....I am a Man 100%, un Hombre I admit whole heartedly I love the companionship of Women, always have and always will. Sometimes a bit too much for the Woman's
own liking. It's not just about sex (though beautiful as it is
) some women just get caught up in that
type of attitude where they think that is all men are after. Once a woman thinks like that, a relationship is already on a downward spiral. Men and Women were meant to be together and yes sex is a big part of
that or else life would cease to exist! You are correct that Feminism has largely contributed to the seperation
of Man and Woman, the problem is the Woman says NO and the man has no option but to agree so who is
really contributing more to the dilema Man or Woman?

link   

I watch enough TV and film to know that the self worth image is worse than ever. My oldest is almost 20 now and it was not an easy time attempting to teach that child to be happy with who she was.

And I don't hate your generation though. Sure there's probably way more sex than when I was a teenager, but you can't stop them, all you can do is educated them. I'm actually very impressed with the caliber of young people who are coming of age to inherit the crappy world we are leaving behind. All they need is educated purpose.

As for the children, I don't really deal in what if's. If the children weren't born, well they'd never know the difference now would they. Really the kids from the other relationship (whichever they chose) would never know the difference either.

What if my parents would never have gotten caught in that snow storm and conceived me? I don't know, but I'm pretty happy they did.

~Keeper

edit on 10/4/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I understand your point it is quite confusing, but ill just summarise what im trying to get at for you.
There are the people that are homosexual purely because that is just who they are.
But many people are coming out as gay when they are not, and this is due to quite a few things (im sure there are many factors I am not aware of)

Popularity
Attention
The Media
Over-sexulisation

Yes that is true about females since we are more emotional hence experimental, but trust me 90% of them are NOT gay (at my school) they have just seen alot of the older girls who are and are now deciding to follow suit.
The purpose of this article is so we can differenciate between the people who are gay and the people who want to be for any paticular reason, so we can dig deeper and see what the causes are and the potention problems it can create.
hope this answers your question

You said it yourself it's a fad and there probably faking or experimenting or bisexual, and the media and popularity and all that can only encurage what's there already there.... unless they go extreme social engineering like in some ancient societies or that link halfoldman provided.....then it's just a fad you know monkey see monkey do.. I dont know your story about it just sounds normal to me, especially at an all girls school.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Well, I'm not planning on having children. I believe that would be cruel in this day and time.

You're, again, making good points...even digging into the psychology of it.

I once talked to an adult male..fully grown..and he would brag about how he convinced 8th grade girls to do what he wanted. I wont go into details, but he was such a pig and spoke about them as being his stupid little whores to be trained.

If he was correct..and they were so easily tricked by him, then it makes for a great example about what you were saying.
Girls are trying harder to "fit in" and to simply feel pretty.
Of course it just kind of makes them feel all used up eventually...but they don't know that.

It's true that if your scenario people hadn't experimented with the same sex, they would have possibly had the children, but I don't really understand what you were asking.

Thanks for trading information. I'm off.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

so yes, looks like a fad, no it's been done forever. and no one can make you turn gay if you don't want to.

No doubt have teenagers been experimenting forever
but i mean its on a much larger scale now and done for different reasons than just the original hormones
reasons such as to fit in and heaps of other things ive posted in this thread in random little spots, sorry cant be bothered to divulge again haha
Thats absolutely true noone can make you turn gay, but these people are going like this because of the new societal norms and influences, so really they are turning themselves gay because of outside influences.
But maybe there not actually turning gay? and they are just acting gay.
eitherway, this is a very messy topic. (to my knowledge) and its going to be hard to find straight answers i think

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The gay fad has nothing to do with gays and everything to do with young and impressionable people.

Do we have a straight fad? No.

All this is about, is young people experimenting with their newly found sexuality.

A lot of people experiment, mostly harmlessly.

There is no fad - it is just people growing up and facing a lot of choices.

The sexuality of gay people is as real, and as legitimate, as the sexuality of heteros.

And I wish people would accept this - it is a fact.

And no, I am not gay, just someone who believes in equality.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LimbicSystem

Well, I'm not planning on having children. I believe that would be cruel in this day and time.

God help my future children.
Thanks though
makes me know i am getting somewhere.
The man you speak of seems like an absolute evil man, even scarier that the girls succumbed to it.
Truth is, our society sets up our girls for these things.
If looks is all we are, why is it suprising that girls are giving themselves to older men to feel that they are the steriotype therefore accepted.
I wonder what happens when the poor things are all used up? Wouldnt suprise me if they went back to it because they recieved some sort of good feeling from those deeds.
Its a disgusting world we live in at the moment.
As the babies not being born thing, i simply just mean that a child may not be born that was ment to because someone gave into a fad. But maybe thats just a bit ridiculous

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Most definately, i believe in equality too and people may have whatever sexuality they wish.
What i am getting to is that yes teenagers experiment and that is fine, just alot declare that they are gay/bi because of reasons like fitting in and what they see on TV. I have seen it first hand too, my old best friend declared she was bi, she was also quite the attention seeker
but then again, i think she had been abused.. so there it gets messy.
but ofcouse, feel free to dissagre
just replying to your thoughts with mine

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

yes just more coverage and less taboo who is doing what.

i am straight but fortunate enough to have had many friends that trusted me through the years with their sexuality.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Firstly, hope your daughters feeling content with who she is now.

As for the children, I don't really deal in what if's. If the children weren't born, well they'd never know the difference now would they. Really the kids from the other relationship (whichever they chose) would never know the difference either. What if my parents would never have gotten caught in that snow storm and conceived me? I don't know, but I'm pretty happy they did.

You know what? if everything is ment to happen for a reason. Maybe we let it be.
What makes me think everything happens for a reason? ive had my fair few of weird as anything coincedences that scream it.
That, and also the fact that who else gets caught in a snowstorm.

Have a good day

edit on 4-10-2010 by littlecloud because: typo. obviously cant spell to save my life

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Though the needs of men have changed from companionship and love to gratification, it has not in women. Women need the comfort and the need of not only gratification, but love.

Men have an outlet to change their perception to this as women do not. So having to deal with this women will choose to go to comfort as opposed to conformity. Which IMO leads to bi-sexuals and such. Its about comfort, and oneness as opposed to the internet, and what they deem as fun.

Its a bridge that has been built to divide.

Peace, NRE.

Isn't gratification just a game on the part of love, so its a part of a whole....And were is this outlet to change my perception on whatever you said, that men supposedly have, so I can see if it does as you say it does, whatever that is?......the rest of what you said above is not in any language I know, so I dont get it.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Sad thing is that there are many men just like that one.
Some end up behind bars though.

I think most women that feel "used up" after a while don't go back to it for the good feeling, but go back to it because it's what they have...and all it surrounds them with is more guilt and disgust with them self.

OH, sorry, I didn't know it was a rhetorical question. Half asleep, you know how it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join