It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's summer but i still feel a "DRAFT"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trenchcoat
First off, the dissent from the American public would be enormous. No (newly) elected official would want to get behind it. Although, there are a few seasoned and established congressmen that would. Also there would be a quality control issue with soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen that would be forced to work along side with those who didn't ask to be there. The tactics, command and control equipment, and procedures along with all the technologically advanced equipment cannot be operated by someone who displays the kind of complacency that was evident by SOME during the previous draft.

Peace out,
TC

You hit on a point here as our military is largely a high tech one. You cant just send people to basic and then expect them to drive an Abrams or work on a complex system. If they are just calling people up for Infantry, they still would need to reopen alot of closed bases etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Fort Dix in New jersey has anywhere from 100 to 1000 troops a week, coming from basic to advanced training every week. From the start.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I dont think that makes it plausible or not. Do you really think our goverment cares about any of that?

Some of or troops have already been there against there will. The people of the US will hate the Draft, and it will be the down fall of the US. It will throw us into civil war. Mark my words.

I'm confused with your post. Of course the US will "hate" the draft-as I said in my previous post. That is only one reason why it won't be passed. Another reason as I've said is that it poses a problem with inter-determined placement of people who don't want to be there.

Am I disagreeing with you? I think you just enforced my opinion....

TC

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am saying that the US goverment dont care what the US people want. They are going to do what they thing is nessary.

I know there is going to be a draft, there is no question in my mind. I am not one to believe anything unless there is a good source.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Fort Dix in New jersey has anywhere from 100 to 1000 troops a week, coming from basic to advanced training every week. From the start.

Basic training is just that basic training from there you get your MOS training. Im by no means an expert but it has to take alot of time.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We already have a draft, in a way. By underfunding education and keeping Americans poor, more and more the only way for kids to afford college is to join the military. By keeping Americans dumb and poor, the military is the only option for a better life. That's why Bush's economic policies are only for the rich. Why his tax cut keeps us from hiring more cops (and that's one of the reasons the cop unions are supporting Kerry). He's not inept, or rather, the people who handle him are not inept. They don't want to help Americans. They want to give them as few options as possible so their only option is to join the military.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Turn off the AC!

Seriously, I don't see a draft in the near future. First of All, more and more people are complaining about the war. For the president to instute a draft now would be the equivelent of Political Suicide, especially with elections coming up. Second, we are not at the deployment level they had in Nam when the draft was instuted.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join