It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's summer but i still feel a "DRAFT"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
While i was reading "Time Magazine's" June 14th issue of this year, i was not suprised to see yet another deadline not being met by our military, in our ever tiresome involvment in the middle east war. With no end immediatley in sight, the need for ever growing numbers of our forces to be present seems to be the priority. According to "Time Magazine" "soldiers will be kept in uniform for an extra three months before, and after their units one year stint" this is basically extending enlistment by 18 months, these soldiers have no choice!!!!! This is basically allowing our goverment to put these peoples lives on hold. John Kerry has been qouted saying "This is a backdoor draft" now tell me do you think this is democracy? It sounds to me like dictoral control over our soldiers lives!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I feel a draft also. A little bird told me 18-27 year olds. I dont this it is going to be this summer. It will be after the election.

And who said it was summer, someone forgot to tell the Chicago weather so.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I feel a draft also. A little bird told me 18-27 year olds. I dont this it is going to be this summer. It will be after the election.

Seems highly likely, although I believe the S.89 and H.R. 163 "National Service Act" bills will 'only' be extending the range of the Selective Service/Draft age to 18-26 from the original 20-25.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ahahahahaahaha...no there will not be a Draft. Sorry to disappoint you but you're just seeing what you want to see. Learn real politics, not this "all powerful president" crap.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Ahahahahaahaha...no there will not be a Draft. Sorry to disappoint you but you're just seeing what you want to see. Learn real politics, not this "all powerful president" crap.

Then may I suggest that you learn History - particularly the Vietnam war.
There will be a draft, probably next year.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What does the Vietnam War have to do with instating the draft?

Nothing.

The draft was instated in 1940, and ended because of the Vietnam War.

The Vietnam War is a good reason the draft is not likely to come-back unless America is under direct military attack. Politicians don't like to just throw their careers down the toilet.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The only way I can believe a draft would really happen would be after some fabled "terror attack" said to be directly linked to a specific foreign government ( Iran, N. Korea , Syria , probably NOT Saudi Arabia or Iraq ). Or maybe a China / Taiwan war. Either way, there would have to be some sort of horrific event / scenario to rally the citizens into enough of a patriotic fever that a draft would feel like inevitable duty to everyone.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I will seriously bet anyone in here $1000 dollars that there will not be a draft in the USA in the next year, or really anytime in the near future for that matter but we need an ending date.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

The Vietnam War is a good reason the draft is not likely to come-back unless America is under direct military attack. Politicians don't like to just throw their careers down the toilet.

During Vietnam, American soldiers had their lives thrown away by callous politicians. The same is going on now. There will be a draft - unless we get a compassionate, humanistic adminstration next November. But with both Presidential candiates being S & B - thats not going to happen. Maybe Kerry will take a bit longer to call a draft if he gets in, but it will happen nevertheless.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ischyros

Seems highly likely, although I believe the S.89 and H.R. 163 "National Service Act" bills will 'only' be extending the range of the Selective Service/Draft age to 18-26 from the original 20-25.

I miss spoke it is 18-26 thanks for the eye opener.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ischyros

I miss spoke it is 18-26 thanks for the eye opener.

Actually medical people are subjected to it right now in the event that an emregency is declared. Its called the The Health Care Personnel Delivery System and you can read about it here:
www.sss.gov...

But in all reality, unless something catastrophic happens we will not be seing the draft anytime soon. Can you imagine the protests?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Fred, I know there will be a draft after the election. I KNOW this, I cant give my source. There are two things I know 1 draft, 2 US will be in Iraq till 2006.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Fred, I know there will be a draft after the election. I KNOW this, I cant give my source. There are two things I know 1 draft, 2 US will be in Iraq till 2006.

Man I hope you are wrong on this. Because you can bet Ill be called up. I am a Pediatric Critical Care Transport Nurse with extensive Trauma training.

Flip a coin Iran or Korea?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Fred I am so sure of this, I would be willing to bet my membership here at the ATS on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
A little birdie told me that this issue will not be voted upon until June 2005. If the vote goes in favor, it will take 120 days for the draft boards to get up and running before the lottery begins. We're looking at October 2005 people.

TC

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ok, October 2005 is a great time. Does it make it better to you, if its farther down the road?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Not to be callous, but I'm over the 18-26 y/o age limitation. And I really don't think it's plausible that they would implement it.

Best Regards,
TC

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trenchcoat
And I really don't think it's plausible that they would implement it.

Best Regards,
TC

Can you give a reason its not plausible?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
First off, the dissent from the American public would be enormous. No (newly) elected official would want to get behind it. Although, there are a few seasoned and established congressmen that would. Also there would be a quality control issue with soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen that would be forced to work along side with those who didn't ask to be there. The tactics, command and control equipment, and procedures along with all the technologically advanced equipment cannot be operated by someone who displays the kind of complacency that was evident by SOME during the previous draft.

Peace out,
TC

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I dont think that makes it plausible or not. Do you really think our goverment cares about any of that?

Some of or troops have already been there against there will. The people of the US will hate the Draft, and it will be the down fall of the US. It will throw us into civil war. Mark my words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join