It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan-US to do island defense war games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not obvious at who this is aimed at is it?

Japan, U.S. cooking up island defense war games

Japan and the United States are preparing to hold a joint exercise in December that will focus on defending islands in remote waters, sources involved in bilateral relations said Sunday.

The scenario for the exercise is likely to involve an invasion of remote Japanese islands by an armed force, which will give the Self-Defense Forces and the U.S. military a chance to use joint tactics to deal with the situation, the sources said.

I wonder what China is gonna say about this? Provocation? What?

After all this war game won't happen in reality if China doesn't invade a contested island...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I actually thought the US was weak and would stay away, but I guess they will stay there long enough, and defend their territory until India is ready to take over, then that is when the war between India and China will start, not a face to face war, but a proxy war, in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Japan, Korea etc etc..

The US will sit back and heal itself, watching closely the war through CIA.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's an annual drill. This one - as the story notes - has been in the planning stages since March (Japanese fiscal year begins April 1).

that said, sit back and watch the spin.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
America should not be involved in this issue If Obama is wise enough ,however,the contested island belonged to China,this is the total truth,although it is still controversial.

top topics

join