It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that the "supposed" green folks are slobs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am just confused. I thought the left and the Dems were all about being the progressive environmental types. I am confused, with the rallies that I have seen, it seems like they do not care about the environment. They say they are but..................

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Let me come out first and tell you I'm an environmentalist. I love the planet and I have done a lot of pretty cool ideas in saving the planet. Some are just annoying PETA members who I wish would just leave the earth. :/

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Most people who are in support of "Green Agendas" have no idea what the actual meaning or goal of the programs are.

People who gather for such causes are only doing it because of the shock value words added to the campaigns like cleaner waters and a better world etc..

Most people will not go through the trouble of actually looking into and understanding a cause before throwing their support behind it.

Case in point Global Warming.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Never mind, they are just the same as they have always been. Lip service.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

my god this video is infuriating

social justice
chez guevara
take from the rich give to the poor
im not working but i got a free bus ride
free free free free

there is a reason this saying came into existence commie pinko liberal= all shades of the same thing

seriously who provides those jobs so those people can even work?

im sorry but they are the most ignorant people i have ever seen in my life.

if people want to go green recycle congress!! that will save this country and this planet!!!

edit on 3-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Heck that's what I do! Vote for a person who seems to be involved with the people. What I distaste is that these younger folks on both sides don't do anything or know anything enough to make America run on time. Seems we lost respect for one another.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

if people want to go green recycle congress!! that will save this country and this planet!!!

No truer words have ever been said on here...................
Don't even recycle them though, put them oout with the trash that they are....................

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
More greeny type respect-

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

the color of your money of what i was referring to but it does work too

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

are you being serious, or just trolling?

Because you are making some very large generalizations in the process of making your 'point'.

Are some, nay, a lot of people stupid hypocrites? Yes.

Does that mean that anything an idiot associates themseleves with is discredited by association?

Well, that eliminates basically, nay , every organization in America.

now, we could talk specific policy issues, in their proper context... What parts of the 'green agenda' to you agree and disagree with? What do you define as the 'Green Agenda"?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
People just like the term "green." I wonder why...? there was something I was gonna say here... what was it..

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Are you saying there aliens from a different planet? No! No wonder they want my cat! They will never take my animal from me.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

in reguards to the trash left behind thats very telling indeed and disrespectful to the ww2 vets

but then again majority of leftists could give a rates behind for anything military

seems to me as such as an important "event" as that rally was one would assume that the "memorabillia" would be taken home to remind them of what they were trying to accomplish.

tells me really they didnt really care about anything but towing the "party" or "union" line but then agian i have heard rumors that the majority were paid to go--- i dont entirely beleive that but i wouldnt surprise me in the least.

and yeah hypocritical to say the least.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Tell you what, someone pollutes, they should pay.

How bout that for my position.

Seems like everytime we turn around, the corps get away with crap.

Why is that? Oh, that would be your benevolent government being in bed with the polluters.

Never mind, keep up with the idiocy.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What is deeply saddening about the green movement (and I consider myself a conservationist too) is the lack of support for nuclear energy. There is much propaganda used against nuclear energy here in the United States, despite the fact that about 80% of France is getting their electricity from it. And England is now on course to build new reactors because it simply is more reliable and more cost efficient than the alternatives. And contrary to popular belief in America...it's safe. There is also ongoing research into reprocessing nuclear waste.
Environmentalist extremists don't understand the energy demands that exist in this country...They think wind farms and solar will be able to replace our dependency on oil....This shows that they do not quite get the reality of our energy crisis situation. And yes...I can bet anyone that there is in fact a national...hell, international, energy crisis that is only gaining momentum...Peak oil is real...That's exactly why we have to secure pipelines in the middle east and across the globe...but at what cost?

NUCLEAR POWER IS THE SOLUTION!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Did they not come out with a nuclear power source that could use waste nuclear material?

We in the US have not built power in like 30 years, what the HELL is up with that!?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by justadood

Tell you what, someone pollutes, they should pay.

How bout that for my position.

Seems like everytime we turn around, the corps get away with crap.

Why is that? Oh, that would be your benevolent government being in bed with the polluters.

Never mind, keep up with the idiocy.

"My" benevolant government?

Here's a tip for educated debate: leave the ad homs at home and dont put words in someone';s mouth.

I notice you didnt answer my question at all, which is what is your problem with the so-called "Green agenda" and what specific policies do you think we should be able to implement without using that horrid 'government' you seem to despise so much?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

By blatantly littering and trashing our nation's capital, they are creating jobs and thereby helping the economy

I get it now....Probably SEIU members picking up all of that trash.

Mindnumbing!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I get it, the green movement is like Zorg-

new topics

top topics

join