It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama says, "It took time to free the slaves" to ignite a NEW political campaign.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

No your not . I find it quite Ironic that Obama's " Slavery" Line was Voiced by a Democrat Criticizing the Party Of Lincoln who fought a war to End Slavery mostly supported at the Time by Southern Democrats . No Wonder it took so much time.....

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by Section31

so whats the problem here?
Are you saying that slavery ended overnight?
Or is this just more distractions from legitimate policy critique??

As many people have already mentioned, the problem is from using such tactic to ignite a political party. Presidents should be individuals who seek to unify the cultures, which make up 'the people' in which he or she serves. What I cannot figure out -- is he calling everyone who is not a Democrat a threat towards progress - or - is he calling everyone who is not a Democrat a racists and gender biased fool. Regardless about which way you take his comments, Obama is making a very radical statement about innocent people.

Sure, we have not completely wiped out racism; however, the amount of racism in today's society is at an extremely small scale. We made so much progress toward equality, so that someone can come in and use progress as an excuse to digress society.

I don't think he should be using divisive means to ignite the Democratic base.

It is just as bad as Bush saying, "If you are not with us, you are with the terrorists." Our presidents shouldn't be using such tactics. People should be allowed to have an opposing opinion.

edit on 4-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
this sort of statement is made to draw attention. he know race is the only thing keeping him in power, and if he want in power his saudi friends would just cut him off from their oil trade, and his intrests in nissan would faulter.
Dont play into their hands friends.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vincitori

When in doubt, play the race card. While the nation works on racial respect, this guy is trying to make race a problem.

He's trying to drum up support for his faltering party but someone needs to tell him that Lincoln was a Republican.

It's just funny how fast the race card can be played when no one wants to take responsibility of their actions.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by Vincitori

It's just funny how fast the race card can be played when no one wants to take responsibility of their actions.

I find it very scary to know that such a tactic can be used, so someone can gain an almost immediate and positive uptick

It is rather frightening.

edit on 4-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Your inability to think for yourself is crazy. First and foremost allow me to enlighten you about Lincoln. He said and even tried to fund the Navy to remove any so called black and ship them to Africa. Did your school teach you that. NO!!Do you guys teach yourselves now days??NO!!! Are all dark skinned people from Africa BIG FAT HELL TO THE NO!!!!! GO DO SOME RESEARCH. So just that notion alone was very ignorant of Gaybe Lincoln.

"As many people have already mentioned, the problem is from using such tactic to ignite a political party. Presidents should be individuals who seek to unify the cultures, which make up 'the people' in which he or she serves. What I cannot figure out -- is he calling everyone who is not a Democrat a threat towards progress - or - is he calling everyone who is not a Democrat a racists and gender biased fool."

Presidents should be.....But, maybe that shouldve been acknowledged 43 presidents ago. The President occupies a seat known as the Chief Executive. Presidents are heads of corporations(hint hint). Stop trying to make a "free land" out of an industrial-economic company (better known as America).

Whats even more shocking is if he really wanted to free "you guys-slaves-everyone regardless of color because noone in here is souvereign if they were they would honor (the republic which it stands one nation)(and you wouldnt have a need for a social security nor Drivers License] you would bicker about that too. Start thinking for yourself, letting others occupy your command center is dangerous.
The one thing that seperates Obama, Jackson and Kennedy from the other Leaders is this simple fact. They are trying to show whats really going on. Obama is the only president to date to say "we need a civilian army as well......" Do you know he just blew the biggest whistle ever??? Wake up please
This quote says alot about the current savages of america
" It's just funny how fast the race card can be played when no one wants to take responsibility of their actions."

edit on 4-10-2010 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: Had to add that last part about the presidents

edit on 4-10-2010 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
Presidents should be.....But, maybe that shouldve been acknowledged 43 presidents ago. The President occupies a seat known as the Chief Executive. Presidents are heads of corporations(hint hint). Stop trying to make a "free land" out of an industrial-economic company (better known as America).

United States is not a corporation. Even though it may appear to be on the surface, the country is based upon an open and free society.

Second, I want to respond to your last paragraph, but it is slightly unclear due to too many intertwined punctuation marks. Could you clear it up slightly. I mean no offense.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2010 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: was a double post, sry

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

No offense taken, my apologies I was in a hurry and my English isn't the best, my brain(s) work with symbology.
The united states is a corporation as well as our Military. [Have you ever wondered why they say "marine core" when its actually "marine CORPS"]Which means if it is in the best interest of the corporation(oil, gold, diamonds etc) they will go for it no matter what "the people" think because it isnt your interest that matters.Thats why obama made that comment about having a "National-civilian-like army that the people are involved with"...
Your birth "certificate"(not a birth record, big difference) is being used as collateral. "

>> The STATE agency that receives the original record of live birth keeps it and then issues a Birth Certificate in the corrupted, ALL-CAPS version of the baby's true name, i.e. JANE DOE SMITH, not Jane Doe Smith.>>>With that being said why are the feds allowed to raid and overthrow states decision(ie. legalization of cannibus)
Alot of people do not know that some of these states were even respected as countries at one point, and technically they still are because they have the ability to withdraw from the union at any given moment.

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts">>>>my addition to the old adage>>>>"But one must understand the sum to fully understand its whole"
I apologize if I bounced around too much, but I am trying to cover alot of ground to bring people up to date.
edit on 4-10-2010 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: had to make an addition

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Hehehe... Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, I forgot that our military is now partially privatized. As for everything else you are saying, you do make some very good points in relation to our government. Sometimes I walk a little blindly.

edit on 5-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So,he might be saying,in reverse,"It's going to take awhile to enslave them again!"

I'm just saying,with everything politicians saying most likely the opposite of what they really mean,...

Heck,we're all indentured slaves now anyway.

Spiritually,that's another matter! We may have to live in this world,but we don't have to let them crush our spirits,too. When everything crumbles to the ground,we'd better all have something that keeps us afloat,something they can't regulate or tax or take away,and that is our faith.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join