It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama says, "It took time to free the slaves" to ignite a NEW political campaign.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
President Obama says, "It took time to free the slaves" to ignite a NEW political campaign.

So, is this retribution?

If the majority of us are taught tolerance (and progress has been made in racial issues), why is he using that phrase to ignite a political campaign for Democrats?

Link: www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think that's a bit too far. Too compare the Democratic legislation to the freeing of slaves is drastically out of proportion in comparison.

Not to sound racial here, but imagine if a white guy said that. I'm just being honest, what do you think would happen?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I think that's a bit too far. Too compare the Democratic legislation to the freeing of slaves is drastically out of proportion in comparison.

Not to sound racial here, but imagine if a white guy said that. I'm just being honest, what do you think would happen?

honestly? I dont think skin color matters in this context, it's all about political affiliation.

Obama said it, so naturally the idiots at Faux News have to tell us it's racist.
If Bush had said it, the idiots at MSNBC would have unleashed Olbermann to tell us the same thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
honestly? I dont think skin color matters in this context, it's all about political affiliation.
Obama said it, so naturally the idiots at Faux News have to tell us it's racist.
If Bush had said it, the idiots at MSNBC would have unleashed Olbermann to tell us the same thing.

Weird. After hearing this for the first time, the first thing I said was, "Why was that line so important, which he HAD to add it into his speech?". Personally, I think he was using the race and gender card against innocent people. I think Obama is trying to deeply divide American citizens.

Second, I am not a Republican. I am a undeclared voter.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
everything is about race

what more proof do people need?

and millions of americans have been enslaved and him and his poltical agenda is to enslave more and more

its always bout minorities its always this that and the other.

can that guy for once in his life start speaking for all americans meh

i so want this guy to be a lame duck president and a 1 term president.

edit on 3-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Agreed.

Also, why would a president keep pushing the race card? I thought presidents were supposed to unite people.

Why is he using this phrase?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

in a word power

that power keeps us fighting with each other and not pay attention to the bigger picture.

a united house will stand and a divided house will fall.

its a means to an end and he knows exactly what hes doing.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
...and it took time to sell off American sovereignty one chunk at a time. Since President Obama has done absolutely nothing to turn the tide on this massive sellout, what purpose is he serving, other than to continue the deception?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

retribution?

for what?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
...and it took time to sell off American sovereignty one chunk at a time. Since President Obama has done absolutely nothing to turn the tide on this massive sellout, what purpose is he serving, other than to continue the deception?

what deception? Anyone with two brain cells and a little curiosity can see the deception. And anyone who thought Obama's election would rain down rainbow flavored skittles clearly wasnt paying attention/

there is a saying about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

many think they want change. Most seem unaware of the implications of such change. So they blame a moderate for being a moderate, meanwhile they perpetuate their own complacency.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We are living in an entirely new millennium. While going through our school system, I was taught all about racial tolerance, equity, and unity. I see the world color-blindly.

What I cannot figure out is why someone would use such a phrase within this new millennium, so they can rally people behind a political party. I find this rather disturbing.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Maybe he means that he wants to end the debt slavery of all Americans by abolishing the Federal Reserve and the IRS.

Yeah, that's the ticket

I am so filled with hope that things will change

I just hope I won't be disappointed later.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I agree. I see it the same. But I really hate how people are trying to act like the same crap doesn't STILL exist. Just because we see it with no color doesn't mean that the rest of the world views it that way. and just because we have an American president that has more eumelanin than the other 43(says alot) For him to make a statement like that in the "new millennium" means more than what most of the people in this post are getting from it. Its amazing how many people dislike obama but sat quietly as we dug the hole deeper with about 40 of the 44 presidents.
Idiots : " obama is putting us in debt".
Me: How can one compare one quarter of a presidents term and not even mention the 2 full terms of pure stupidity. smh. "the dollar is an instrument of debt, we will always be in debt as long as it is in circulation". "the country been in debt.

-give the man a break. This just shows you how racist you people can be. You guys made a problem with obama before there ever was one. Remember, "his middle name is hussein, OMG"
VictorVonDoom has the ability to see a message behind a message.....learn from him please

edit on 3-10-2010 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Obama has his back against the wall.
His poll numbers are dropping, he is losing his charm and nothing is working to restore his luster.
Even blacks are "exhausted", so he is pulling the race card because he knows it works to his favor,
...and also because blaming Bush is getting old.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hmmmm................maybe he learned it from his Reverend.....you know, the black seperatist church he attended and donated alot of money to. If he thinks slavery actually ended he's crazy, the dems have had blacks enslaved for years and will continue to do so. Nice playing the race card, it'll get worse before the elections, I'm dreading the next few weeks, as it will be smear campaign upon smear campaign, to be fair on both sides. Ah well, nothing else is working for him....................might as well play the stand by, it got him elected.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

...its not about blaming bush, its about accountability and responsibility. His poll are dropping, and it is also apparent IQ's and the number of humans with the ability to think for themselves are dropping too. "Blacks"(as you put it) arent exhausted......"Blacks" understand that change doesn't come overnight. So called "blacks" also know that you cant wrap a superhero up into a president. Sorry to let you guys down.
It is the patience of these undercover racist that like to believe that they are something other than, undercover racist that is dropping.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I hope this becomes his new stump speech talking point. Its only a matter of time until he accidently blurts out "It took me time to free the slaves." And oh what a sound bite it will be.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Your comments reminded me of this article which I read earlier.

I have absolutely no idea whether there is any truth in it - I have not come across the writer before. But I thought I'd throw it into the ATS melting pot.

Article:

Obama tells his Jewish masters to f..... off.

www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

so whats the problem here?

Are you saying that slavery ended overnight?

Or is this just more distractions from legitimate policy critique??

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Am I the only one to find it odd that a Democrat is using abolishing slavery as a talking point?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join