It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Details Emerge in Deadly Border Lake Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.aolnews.com...

(Oct. 3) -- Dodging gunfire from pirates on a Texas-Mexico border lake, Tiffany Hartley was forced to make an impossible choice: risk her life by staying with her husband or return to land and seek help.

The couple were sightseeing on Jet Skis on the Mexican-side of Falcon Lake on Thursday when Hartley says several boats of gunmen opened fire, striking her husband in the back of his head.

I find this to be a tragic incident myself. Should they have known better than to be in the place that they were...Yes, however it is just another example of how people are getting killed because of the thug drug wars going on in Mexico. Something needs to be done about the drug wars going on just exactly what and how to go about correcting the situation is the question. I feel if President Obama wants to get serious with the President of Mexico something could be done to stop the nonsense down there, but it's going to take cooperation on both sides and the will to do it. However you do have the whole theory that the government is in bed with the drug scene so perhaps thats why nothing thus far has been seriously done about it. Because I am pretty sure the military of both countries could quickly end this situation. Your thoughts ATS?

edit on 8-10-2010 by Ahabstar because: Mod Edit for External Source Tags

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
UPDATE:
www.foxnews.com...

Seems the family is getting nowhere in their search for the husband. What a shame, hopefully someone in the government on either side will step up to the plate and rectify the situation.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Seems to be no interest in this thread but another update to anyone who might want to read it.

www.foxnews.com...

join