Who wants TSHTF ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

No, although I have often thought about what it would be like. Good question. I like modern medicine, being able to get antibiotics for an abscess tooth, eye infections, UTI's, pain relievers for when my back goes out. I like to be able to go to the eye doctor to see. I wear contacts and my kids all have glasses. I mean just the whole vision/seeing thing is huge for me. Without them, I'm blind as a bat! And childbirth? Very scary. If you look back in history there was alot of suffering from diseases that couldn't be cured and can you imagine watching your loved ones, children dying slow painful deaths and not being able to do a damn thing about it? I think of the small pox outbreaks in the Native cultures and the plagues, etc. I suppose that was the SHTF to those people at the time. I love the movies like Red Dawn, The Road, Mad Max, Independence Day, etc.; they are just plain fun. I doubt the reality of it would be anything close to fun, though. So, no deep down I don't want the SHTF to happen but I sure hope I could survive it.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
we have plenty of historical examples from this through History
The French Revolution
The Spanish Civil War
Cambodian Killing Fields
Nazi Germany

I want the STHTF for the TPTB

I want to see the makers of misery reap what they sow for once ....I'm sick of murder, rape,multlation ,torture, engineered scarcity, slavery ,inequality,racism, the hopes and talents of millions that live in squalor sacrificed to the perversions of wealthy narciisists .

the SHTF scenario I want to see is them disappearing forever into the hell they made for the innocent ,if that happened you would see an instantaneous change in this Planets energy
I wish

This i can agree with and i totally agree with you on that this planet and many other things would be better off without them scum .

glad to here it, I'm tired of hearing people say well in that situation I'D be fine!
nobdy will be fine if a major portion of the worlds population die horrible deaths because of the same old engineered B#@@ s#%%, This Battle ,and there's gonna be one, is going to be about standing with Humanity against Inhumanity,I love my fellow humans I'm going to do everything I can to help them when TSHF

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

Some times the patient must feel worse for the illness to get better.
It doesn't have to be that way, but somehow I doubt there can be a mass awakening of the populace and then any sort of coordinated action by them.
This is why I think government has the upper hand at all times.

We live in times where wrong has become the norm of government behavior.
It needs to be changed but not at the price of total chaos,
Liberty means little to the destitute.
I suppose it comes down to preferring death to slavery; at that point even the sheeple will push the gates.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Im down with TSHTF.

Got pretty much everything I need.

edit on 3-10-2010 by TasteTheTruth because: 2 lines

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well if we are talking TEOTWAWKI, or similar, then no I do not wish for it; though wishing so has not seemed to slow it's approach.

It might seem a paradox, given my line of work, but I consider myself a peaceful man who simply cannot afford the luxury of pacifism. For that reason, I do not wish for it. I have no desire to see commandeered tanks rolling through Suburbia, US. It is quite damaging to ones mind to have to make the choice between not sharing some of your own meager provisions with another human who is very,very slowly dieing due to malnutrition, or to share and put yourself one day closer to their predicament.

To give yourself a good idea of just how mentally taxing this would become on a person do this: Lets assume it's just you by yourself. Lets say you have food and water for yourself for one month, at a minimum of one gallon of water, and two meals a day. That's about 30 gallons of water, and 60 meals. Starting out it would be an easy choice, if it were only one person in need. If you take on another person (assuming they come with no resources of their own other than skill) now you have two weeks worth, or about 15 gallons of water and 30 meals. Or two people, in which case now you have just over a weeks worth of supplies. Bare in mind, unless you "head for the hills" these will most likely be folk you have known most of your life that you would be making these choices with. "Do they get the chance to live another few days, or do I make it a certainty that I and those under my protection have a few days less?"

So what if you have a wife and small child, as I do? Now you have to ask yourself if you would be willing to give even a sip of water to someone dieing of thirst, if it meant that your family would have less.

Now, if through majics unknown we were able to "fast-forward" to about 80-100 years after such an event, I would most likely be glad to. It's my guess this is about how long it would take for some sort of civility to re-establish itself which will only come after much bloodshed, hardship, and restoration of our home.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What amuses me more than anything, here, reading some of your [meant plurally] comments is how far off reality your views are. Speaking only from the experience of actually conversing with former military personnel, foot-soldiers or similar and reading the accounts of a number of survivalist's experiences, I can only offer that some of you really are, genuinely, talking utter nonsense.

Any sensible, rational thinking human being that has their own, their family and friends' health and safety in mind would certainly not want any 'SHTF' scenario to occur, especially not in their lifetime. It would be hideously naive to consider any plausible scenario of survival technique without at least having knowledge of exactly what has happened to you, how it has happened and more importantly, the extent of which the 'damage' has happened. It's all very well boasting about the firearm you carry, the ammunition you may have, but in any given moment, you wouldn't have the slightest idea of how exposed you might be to the elements or aggression from other people until you experience it.

From what I have been told it is nearly impossible to measure the extent of a devastation, as an individual, so soon after it happens and unless you're in a very isolated area where there is little habition from other people and it has not been affected by radiation, mass flooding, or even chemical contamination, your chances may possibly be slightly better, but unless you know, beyond reasonable doubt, you're still more vulnerable than you think you are.

Of course in the event of natural disasters such as earthquakes, in what horrid devastation we have seen and learned that it brings to people's lives, we also, thankfully, learn vital and valuable lessons through it. As some poster has quite rightly put [please excuse me for not quoting you] the true excess of human nature is normally seen through complete desperation. I am told and it is well documented that people rely on instinctive patterns of thought beyond those that we would normaly recognise as 'humain' and happens quicker than one might preconceive too.

The reality here is that there are literally 100's possibly even 1000's of scenarios that could qualify as a 'SHTF' event and I severely doubt that even the most skilled and informed of the survivalists on the planet would be 100% confident of survival in any event. All they would probably admit to is being better prepared to survive using the techniques they have learned.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Thus far your post is the most intellegent.

As far as the poster that could fish and farm off the land.....................not if the water and land are radiated and or chemically mucked up. Better pray if TSHTF the wind blows the icky stuff away from wherever you are. Something as simple as wind direction could mean the difference between life and death.

Also, if TSHTF was nuclear, we could have a winter that would last with no sunlight for centuries, a mini ice age. (God I hate when the temp goes below 60).

Anyone that would wish a SHTF event is either crazy or has no real comprehension of how harsh life afterwards would become.

I've had a very exciting life, like living through a tornado, a flood, one small earth quake and one tremor that lasted for two minutes in Missouri around 1965-66, I've had a big gun pointed at me at close range and various other things and while these events qualify as "little stuff" they were scary enough and made me realize how thin of a thread we are on and how easily with just one snip we could be plunged into a living hell.

Most people have no idea how horrible it would be for the first few decades (or longer).

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Nobody seriously can want a SHTF scenario. Everything would actually be Sh**. If you want to test your survival skills go do it, but don't wish for chaos so you can try.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

You certainly fall into the category of having been there and done that, respectively and so you obviously speak from experience be it either good or bad.

I am reminded of one coversation I had with an ex-marine commando who elaborated on a siutation he and 2 other soldiers had to endure for just under 96 hrs in eastern europe. Apart from the more obvious exercises he and his colleagues were accustom to in survival methods, he said the one of the most difficult thing was finding a suitable means of disposing of their own faeces without compromising their position or drawing attention by roaming stray animals. 4 days might not seem a lot, but when 3 adult males need to consume enough food and water to remain coherent and in a readily functional state of being, excretion is just one thing they had to deal with. I agree this is not really in direct relation to survival a 'SHTF' event, but it puts much to the perspective when in absolute isolation.

Again, as I mentioned in my first post on this thread, the variables are just too great for anyone to give a plausible and rational suggestion as to how they would survive, given that there are to many elements, risks and unknowns to factor in.

I agree in that many of us have probably romanticised with the survival scenario where we ultimately become exclusively self-sufficient, but the realities do not represent good will or human nature, they only represent cause and effect in that situation. The reason that it does is because there would very likely be little or no control one could have.

Still, it is always beneficial to learn and understand survival techniques that can be applied to a set number of plausible scenarios. Common place, as discussed, could be nuclear fall-out, natural disaster, BCW, or general civil unrest. The latter of course arguably would allow for a person to better demonstrate their skills to survive as there would be no environmental challenges to pursue.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I can see into the future. I think we all can if we tune into it, most people are actually participating in some form of thought process on the future. Some people are painting their futures in the worst ways, they're imagining the worst possibilities and visualizing those perceived events in their minds.

In my future I am looking beyond those things. I am imagining the rebirth of a Nation of many peoples. I am imagining the beauty and diversity of the Planet going through a transformation and the results becoming spectacular. I am seeing a community grow and spread outward.

Society is Satan. The consumerism, the control, the enslavement of the masses, this is all the trappings of Society. In the future there will be Communities and each will be as diverse as the next one.

We lost that long ago, and the expansion of the "civilized world", for freedom's sake, led mankind down a dark and perilous road; the road we are on now. Throughout time people have lost their lives and their freedoms under this wake, and at every step of the way the tribes and family units were dismantled and Community became just a word. We lost our Shaman and we lost our memories! In my future I see them returning.

Yeah, I am ready for the S, and I will be happy to see it hit the fan! I know I fear confrontation. I know I fear the "engagement" of it all. I know every time throughout my life when I was bullied or beaten for just "looking the wrong way", or to be perceived as a threat because I question my world, the fear within has consumed me and poisoned me. I carry fear in me that can literally shut me down, but I am ready!

I think I am ready because the fear has already found me once again. Deep within I can feel it preparing to jolt me with endorphins. I am feeling the tension from around the World.

As long as I keep visualizing the future I know everything will be alright. Throughout my life I have faced death and each time I am still here. Broken bones will heal, radioactive exposure can be overcome, disease can be cured, the Planet will heal. Bring it on!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I dont know I have seen the S hit the fan before and it didnt look to bad, nothing some wetnaps and a garbage bag couldnt handle.....

I am sorry sometimes I just cannot resist..

~meathead

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Ha, Yeah I used to think the same. Guess what? Masses of people will become proficient at hunting and fishing because they will need to for survival. There will be direct competition for your resources so instead of shooting a deer or filleting a fish, you will have to condition yourself for putting a bullet into the chest of someone that threatens your cache. In all likely hood this will be the likes of a person you are accustomed to sharing a church pew with on Sunday. It is the one spark that will put the general frame of an individuals mind into a prime evil tail spin. The greatest chance of survival in this situation is to network now. Gather your neighbors and plan. Networking with shared responsibilities and a communal attitude will be the only way to get through such an event. I have no problem sharing with those that can contribute to such a group survival scenario but unfortunately the mental stability of a common person will be compromised as that individual watches his family suffer. I'm sure the hardened survivalist, such as so many of us, would pull through but the test of faith and resulting destruction of conscience might prove to be an unwanted condition of survival.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by PS3Geek

I'm eager for it to hit. Now! I mean, people mention martial law, however... There are ways around being part of martial law (legally). However. It would take a global shtf scenario for true changes to come. Them the sheeple (and I guess we the people) are controlled by other powers, not the government we think we know. Money, is an illusion and control tactic, the fda, cia, fbi and any other abc don't truly want to help us. We have givin our sovereignty blindly to wolves. When # hits the fan, ill be ready! I study natural healing and have stuff stashed to barter with. People and sheeple will have to fend for their own. The ones dying in masses will most likely be the sheeps who fallow the wolves to fema camps!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Obviously, there are different SHTF scenarios.

Most all of them though, would mean a major life change for even the most prepared ones.

There's:

1) Scarcity of food and water
2) Environmental problems (related or unrelated to the SHTF event)
3) Threat of other people (who want to compete for the resources)
4) Absence of authority or law means that he who has the most guns, makes the rules (great if YOU have the guns, but sucks for you if you don't)
5) The absence of professional healthcare means many will die from treatable causes
6) Lack of ability to travel (eventually gas runs out, and we're back to the pre-industrial, stay close to home society shift

and of course, whatever threat CAUSED the s**t to hit the fan in the first place (govt. troops, zombies, natural disaster, terrorists, etc.)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
none!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
2ND

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I know surviving a SHTF scenario would be very hard and going through it would be damn scary but its a different life then this surely its harder and whatnot but you won't have to work for the gov just for yourself and family hunting for food and fending off looters .

I haven't gone through a bad shtf situation but the august 2003 black out but even that wasn't too bad where i lived at the time i am sure the city would have been a worse place to be then but out in the country its not too bad .

I don't want sh-t to hit the fan ..

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I really like the convenience of drip coffee, microwave ovens, thermostatically controlled heat, hot and cold water on tap, showers, computers, internet, grocery stores, a warm bed, fans or air conditioning, and automobiles.

I'm prepared to live without all of the above but I sure wouldn't prefer to live that way.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

but you won't have to work for the gov just for yourself and family hunting for food and fending off looters

It also means no going to the grocery store to get food, you have to hunt, fish, grow your own (each day, as you likely won't have a fridge for it). Have you ever actually hunted and skinned an animal? Not the easiest (or most pleasant) task in the world, I'll tell you.

No tv's, no tv programming, no computers, no internet, and no air conditioning (try living in Florida with no AC)...

Boiling your own water, just to drink (and don't think that all those mountain streams are so pure, you never know what's upriver, like a deer corpse in the water, etc.)...(and rivers are nature's bathrooms)

As for fending off looters, how would you like to have been the PERFECT survivalist...you prepared for EVERYTHING....only to have it stolen from you by a gang of 20 idiots with guns. You've got your family to protect....you'll give it to them...believe me.

Nothing like dying from a broken foot, or some disease wiped out before you were born, now that there are no doctors around.

We may talk about surviving such a scenario, and while part of it may seem exciting and new, most of us who are sane really hope it NEVER happens...especially those of us who truly have considered what would be lost.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you. You have thought about this, and it shows.

In November of 2008 we were whacked by a major hurricane, and it took out our power, phone, etc. All structures were damaged, some completely destroyed.

We were prepared. We have a whole room in our house (formerly the spare bedroom) that is wall-to-wall shelving and cabinets that holds our prep stuff. Water was not a problem for us, and in fact we filled many containers for people with filtered water.

You know what was the most cherished survival tool for us, the thing that made us feel calm and resolved? My wife's blackberry. Yep, that's right. Even though six of the cell towers were damaged, the signal got through, and we could communicate with the outside world. That meant everything. I think it's possible that people underestimate the power and usefulness of communication.

Remember the movie Red Dawn? Yah, doesn't play so well in these times, but there were things in there that still ring kinda true. The kids that headed for the hills survived, but they struggled with not knowing what was going on "down below" in the towns.

Hurricane Paloma really brought it home for me. Our systems worked, and even though we were without conventional power/internet/phone for four months, we did just fine. I think I would've fared a LOT worse without the beloved Blackberry. My Bride was fine -- no outside word, no worries. Me, the resident whackamole, I would've imagined worse things than actually happened without the email input. My brother-from-another-mother was on the job and told me he'd email us if anything "wacky" happened.

Communication is underrated when we are considering bugging out, or mobilizing in the aftermath of SitX.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join