It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Link

"Right now, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company is studying a new family of midsized jet transport aircraft called Advanced Mobility Aircraft (AMA). In the past four years our engineers have studied more than 40 design concepts, and are now focusing on a revolutionary "box wing" design which will enable greater flight range and multiple refueling booms."

This project reminds me of the old transformer planes with the box look. I wonder how much more it could carry.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla

Link

"Right now, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company is studying a new family of midsized jet transport aircraft called Advanced Mobility Aircraft (AMA). In the past four years our engineers have studied more than 40 design concepts, and are now focusing on a revolutionary "box wing" design which will enable greater flight range and multiple refueling booms."

This project reminds me of the old transformer planes with the box look. I wonder how much more it could carry.
Yes the AMA is the name of the project but the name of the aircraft itself is KCX i read about it on the lockheed site.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Man, iam loving this, just searching lockheed and boeing sites you could get tons of projects getting made. I could fill this whole forum up

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Man, iam loving this, just searching lockheed and boeing sites you could get tons of projects getting made. I could fill this whole forum up
well please dont we have not all disscussed KCX but we do all know about it. so dont fill up the forum with it please.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Very logical machinegunjordan. You actually think I would fill this whole forum up? You must either be stupid, or have no sense of humor. I don't want to respond, because I would be taking up space.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
the pic shows the plane out side earths orbit is this a space plane or jusr a regular transport.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
According the info provided by Lockheed, it will be used mainly for transporting troops and equipment, humanitarian relief, and in-flight refueling. Apparently the US's mobility fleet is starting to age. They also say that the "box wing" design will allow for greater range and multiple refueling booms. My guess is that the picture is nothing more than a conceptual drawing; why they show it in space is beyond me.

by the way, WestPoint... very cool avatar

[edit on 6/24/2004 by Trojanex]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
why thank you and i had to have it since i am going to west point

top topics

join