It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has ats changed your way of thinking?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

ATS has changed my opinions in many ways.
I think if one has an open mind one can grow academically with ATS, and one should understand that an argument cannot be won, because it will still change your perspective in some way.

From a gender debate position a lot of the statements people make mirror dominant discourses.
However, when really engaging the gay debate it ultimately made me ask very crucial questions.
Who is gay? How is it defined? How does the CDC or even self-appointed gay organizations define "gay statistics". Considering that many gay people are still choosing quiet, suburban lives, who is recognized as gay? When I defend homosexuality am I defending myself, or other gay people?
Even medical discourse now divides msm (men who have sex with men) from being gay.
So how can one have statistics if the target group is not defined?

So it's always great to be on ATS.

edit on 3-10-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Actually with a bit math and common sense you can all by your self figure out that these buildings were brought down. There is no need to debate to death that these buildings fell as if there was no resistance. All you need is a timer and a equation.

The airliners are nothing but static to confuse the no brainers.

The reason 911 is being debated to to death is because people can't think on their own. 911 is a victim of link exchanges and media trolling. What i mean here is that members of ATS use one link to challenge the other link. People who do this just debate for the sake of debating. There is no goal but to disagree, and they will do so until they run out of links to argue. Or they will start all over with the old links.

When you think you should be able to observe this.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
The girl I am staying with mentioned today that we have nothing in common, she said because i dont like football or watch tv that we are not compatible enough for each other..
I go.. well you dont ask what i am into nor do you care so what do you want me to do, the tv is there to rot your brain and that is it..
She goes well I dont wanna talk about this no more..

Good luck. I refuse to watch sports just based on the fact that people lose themselves to it everyday.
I see sports fans everywhere that know more about their favorite team then our Constitution.
Or the Federal Reserve. Or even any political group, (Trilateral Comission, Bildergberds, City of Rome)
I just feel there are more important things to study and know alot about then sports.
Just my $0.02.

End of conversation for that.. Anyway I know how you feel.. I had to give up some chick because she thought that love was through how much money you had in your bank acct... I dont use banks though.. I use matresses..

I hear ya.
I feel that banks are one of the most criminal enterprises known to man.
Case in point:
Goto a bank and make a large withdrawal.
The teller will ask you what is it for? Is it any of their business? No.
You shouldn't have to reply. It's none of their business. But you must.
That's YOUR money in there and you have every right to take whatever amount you want for whatever purpose.
There's too much 'behind the scene's' action in a bank.
They can shut the doors anyday and keep your hard earned 'cash'.
Banks use the amounts in the accounts to make more loans in the market.
That's why your APR will never be high enough to actually gain anything.
Don't get me started on the fee's.

Oh well.
Back to the OP...
I also noticed I have a different perception on life after visting ATS.
If it wasn't for ATS, I would've never researched all the topics I have, in order to learn more about this great country I live in. It seems there is a hidden past to everything and we 'civilian's' haven't the slightest idea about what is actually taking place, behind closed doors.
A 'Free' country's gov't should hide nothing from it's people.
There lies your strength.
But they do.
And we are weak.

edit on 3-10-2010 by havok because: I needed to add a "/" for code.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I had been researching for some time before I started coming to ATS, I guess I was looking for a forum to have discussions on these subjects, and this place seemed to fit me.

I have learned much here, but IMO what I have shared here seemed at first to be a great place for it, but has been overlooked sometimes due to its, more or less lets figure these things out together, and less sensationalized threads.

I have read lots and lots of different views, and I have learned to listen more, and also see that just because you come to a conspiracy website, doesn't mean your awake just yet. So I have also learned to be patient.

I don't post as much as I want, because well I guess I'm waiting for it to die down a bit, and make itself comfortable with a lets say regular member forum.

When I began researching I did it with my companion, but since, I have realized that I have less and less in common with my regular circle than I thought. I have more in common with people here than outside.

For the people that posted about loved ones and such I started a thread called Companionship and Conspiracy, the Divide in BTS www.abovetopsecret.com... I hope to maybe one day, I can find at least one person to be able to discuss these things with outside of this forum, and well until then ATS is the place for me.

Peace, NRE.

S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
ATS got me to see that there is a very good reason why I sense an empty black hole every time I think of this world. ATS laid out the reasons as to why that was the case. And it taught me strength and it forced me to reign in my wild imagination. If ATS were a guitar, I would play her...a woman, I would seduce her.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I live in a small town out in no mans land. it is hot and dry. no one wants to live here.

without the internet i would only have the local yokels to interact with. the internet gives me access to other people. ATS has lots of other people on it. that is why i walk the line that ATS has drawn: so i can have access to its members.

ATS itself means nothing. the membership...that is why i am here. they are who has shaped the man i am today. they are "the other". The people of this planet. ATS is just an avenue of communication.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
ATS quite literally changed my life and the view of the world. I don't even remember how I found this website, but I'm glad I did. The most significant thing about ATS to me is the Philosophy and Metaphysics Forum. It got me started meditating and one of the times I had the most amazing experience. It wasn't really a reality check for me considering taking in all this info as I am only 18 and wasn't really cemented in certain beliefs or ideas.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
ATS has really honed my skills at debate. I've always had a distrust of authority figures, and perhaps a bit of problem with ego, so I've never hesitated from being the "black sheep" who disagrees with the commonly-held belief at hand.

I've seen more respect shown on these forums than ANY other website that deals with conspiracies on the web. Ever go to JREF? They're frothing at the mouth, barking mad lunatics who consider themselves reasoned and civilized skeptics.
Ever go to GLP? There's no T&C, the layout is a mess, the community and ownership is sketchy.
Ever go to the discussion forums at Amazon? They have moderators but the community is like an unholy witch's brew of JREF and GLP mixed together like oil and water. It's bizarre and very unwelcoming.
And don't even get me started on Youtube! That's like the Ultimate Fighting Championship of the net. Just plain dirty.

Point being, ATS is the most sophisticated place where controversial subjects are discussed. Because of this, I can engage others with my wild perspectives and actually get some substantial dialogue going! And over time through experience and observation, I've gotten better at communicating those ideas. It's nice, because most people I know in real life don't share my curiosity for the unknown.

Good thread =)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

While ATS isn't necessarily above top secret, i would have to say it's above the norm. Just imagine if ATS becomes the norm. What would top it?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
For me it's just nice to find a fairly large community of like-minded people. It's really interesting to read some of the different theories that are around

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join