It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Released Report: Military Psych Operations now trained by Media to Influence The People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just what we need... According to a recently released manual stating that US Army psychological operations soldiers are now receiving training from local news stations to "to learn broadcasting and communications expertise that they could apply in their mission, as the Army describes it, of 'influencing] the emotions, motives, objective reasoning, and ultimately the behavior of foreign audiences,"

This could also create a stronger connection with our military with our news agencies.

Any educated person on ATS has already learned how the military, and other unwanted sources, have infiltrated our media, and caused the majority to fall for their lies. This only confirms it.

LINK:
www.rawstory.com...

edit on 3-10-2010 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

S&F, though I believe that this was already known. We already knew that the psyops helps broadcast America-slanted news into target areas but I think this reinforces the notion that the MSM simply brainwashes and indoctrinates the American and western publics. The exact opposite of what a "free-press" is supposed to do.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

My thoughts exactly! If anything, this only confirms what we have been saying all along.. The Military Industrial Complex has influenced our everyday lives to the point where it directs our own opinions to their agenda.. I just hope this isnt a move into the whole FEMA camps and how they will convince people to march themselves in.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

In 2008, the New York Times caused a firestorm of controversy when it reported that the Pentagon had been running a program that used retired military officers as a way of planting its talking points in the news -- what the Times described as a "media Trojan horse."

This is one of the many reasons that I do not watch TV News.

Shortly after September 11, 2001: Pentagon Forms Secret Office to Influence Foreign Governments and Media Organizations

www.historycommons.org...

[color=gold]EXCLUSIVE...Pentagon Pundits: New York Times Reporter David Barstow Wins Pulitzer Prize for Exposing Military’s Pro-War Propaganda Media Campaign

David Bartow wrote, quote, “Records and interviews show how the Bush administration has used its control over access and information in an effort to transform the analysts into a kind of media Trojan horse—an instrument intended to shape terrorism coverage from inside the major TV and radio networks.”
AMY GOODMAN: The Pentagon continued to use retired generals to counter criticism on various issues, ranging from Guantanamo to the surge in Iraq. In some cases, analysts would appear on cable news programs live from the Pentagon just minutes after receiving a special briefing.

www.democracynow.org...

[color=gold]How the military analyst program controlled news coverage in the Pentagon's own words
On the question of whether the Pentagon maintained an illegal covert domestic propaganda program -- and on the broader question of whether the American media's political coverage is largely shaped and controlled by the U.S. Government -- I don't believe it's possible to obtain more conclusive evidence than this:
These are excepts from a memorandum sent on January 14, 2005 -- just before President Bush was to be inaugurated for his second term -- from Capt. Roxie T. Merritt, the Director of DoD Press Operations, to several top Pentagon officials, including Larry Di Rita, the top aide to Donald Rumsfeld (pp. 7815-7816 (.pdf)). It reports on Merritt's conclusions and proposals in the wake of a Pentagon-organized trip to Iraq for their military analysts
Even a casual review of the DoD's documents leaves no doubt that this is exactly how the program worked. The military analysts most commonly used by MSNBC, CNN, Fox, ABC, CBS and NBC routinely received instructions about what to say in their appearances from the Pentagon. As but one extreme though illustrative example, Dan Senor -- Fox News analyst and husband of CNN's Campbell Brown -- would literally ask Di Rita before his television appearances what he should say (7900, 7920-21), and submitted articles to him, such as one he wrote for The Weekly Standard about how great the war effort was going, and Di Rita would give him editing directions, which he obediently followed.

Among the most active analysts in this program were all three of the most commonly used MSNBC commentators -- Gen. Montgomery Meigs, Gen. Wayne Downing, and Col. Ken Allard. They were frequently summoned by Chris Matthews and (in the case of Downing) by Brian Williams as NBC's resident experts. Matthews referred to them as "HARDBALL's war council" on January 17, 2005, when he had all three of them on together to bash The New Yorker's Seymour Hersh for reporting that the Pentagon was preparing attack plans against Iran -- an article that, like most Hersh articles, infuriated Di Rita and other DoD officials. The next day, Allard proudly wrote to Di Rita:
So, many Americans, confronted with evidence that TV's talking heads are taking orders not just from government officials but also military-contractor clients, can be excused for not being all that surprised.

www.salon.com...

It was proven that retired military analysts were used on the morning of 911 to help convince the public viewers to how the events were unfolding, including accusing Bin Laden for the terror attacks, yet they had no proof, even after nine years later.

Last year, the Associated Press reported on a mushrooming military budget for public opinion operations, with the budget for such operations hitting $4.7 billion in 2009 -- "almost as much as it spent on body armor for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan between 2004 and 2006." Some $489 million of that went to psychological operations.

www.rawstory.com...

Just think, the American tax payers are paying to be programmed with their tax dollars on how to think, and what to not accept as truth. Many people are like an empty hard drive just waiting to be programmed. People who watch and cheer Bill OReily or Glen Beck and their likes are completely brainwashed by their commentaries and their opinions. Yes, I too was one of these suppressed programmed zombies several years ago. I do not get my News information from television, although I do watch television only for entertainment purposes and nothing more.

I have a few internet sites that I like to go and they are not affiliated with mainstream News.
At least I can get to sources, something News media does not like to give.

Here’s a good video to watch:

[color=gold]America's Worst Enemy The Mainstream Media

video.google.com...#

edit on 3-10-2010 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Great reply!! The media, over the years, has turned us against all common sense with their hidden agendas and obvious lies. Just the fact that it's now so obvious how the military is getting this training is a sign of the times.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Great reply!! The media, over the years, has turned us against all common sense with their hidden agendas and obvious lies. Just the fact that it's now so obvious how the military is getting this training is a sign of the times.

Very true,
I watched Television News coverage change drastically right after 911.
I actually did watch Glen Beck, years ago, before he sold himself out to Fox . When I watched Beck insult and ridicule 911 Truthers I knew there was something terrible wrong. Because I had just started my researched back then and stumbled on a web site call:

Patriots question 911. com

patriotsquestion911.com...

I realized that the News media and commentary shows did everything in their power to avoid answering any 911 questions that could not stand up to scrutiny. I was disturb that these commentary show and some News media were actually insulting real professionals some milatary who have put their entire reputations and careers on the line just by asking important questions, only to be insulted and ridiculed by the likes of O’Reily, and Beck. The more research I did the more I saw the media was outright lying. I started to realize the media was being used to help cover-up the facts, this was before I researched about “controlled News media.” Also, something else began to disturb me after 911 happened, there was less and less world News being reported in American and more entertainment about what celebrities were wearing and just nonsense, uninterested, none important issues. (Nothing but distracting) I really felt that freedom of the Press was lost and in some cases I still do. I got to the point that I just turned off the News altogether, and just depend on a few internet sites where I could get to real sources.

I feel bad that there are millions of Americans who do not know they have been condition to believe in a certain way just from watching television. Most people do not have the luxury as I do, to do research. Millions of Americans are struggling to get by, and some are holding two to three jobs in order to raise their families, so they depend on News media for their up to date News. This is one of the many reasons we have so many ignorant people in this country, even with their collage degrees.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Whats the commander and chief going to do about this run away army.
The army takes orders from the citizenry we don't need their broadcasting.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

No this is nothing new, check out this FOIA document from back in the 50's it makes it perfectly clear the steps they took to control several countries and influence it's people without their knowing. And that was then, with all of our teck advancements can you just imagine...

FOIA: Materials for Phsycological Warefare Support - Guatamala,

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-10-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wow.. All those methods are being used now in our media, and it doesnt surprise me that "they' would test it on another country before bringing it here. Great response.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Thanks, you should thank ATS, because they were the ones that brought that info out I just put it into lamans terms...

new topics

top topics

join