It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds (Updated Opening Post: 2016)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well...i tried to redo it, and now i barely have an avatar at all.

What is going on? Is it ATS error, or my ID-10-T?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You forgot the "f" in .GIF.

Your avatar image is defined as: "files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a8e50a0789d.gi"

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You forgot the "f" in .GIF.

Your avatar image is defined as: "files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a8e50a0789d.gi"

ok, now it is back to what it was. still cut off.

i guess it was ID-10-T

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
texan, give a a few and I'll make you a new background that will fit properly.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
ok, now it is back to what it was. still cut off.

You need to position what should be visible behind the spot where the clear-gif defines the blank space. Typically 40-50 pixels from the top of your background image.

And keep in mind that the maximum allowable height of the background image is intended to allow overlap/bleed, and the visible area will likely not exceed 450 vertical pixels.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh no...not avy's again. I went semi nuts trying to do the one I currently have. ArMap actually helped me size it cause I was getting really annoyed since I am not avy savy.....well not computer savy period

I dont use a mini background, just my avy. Does it need to be changed?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I have a totally unrelated question about my signature. How can I make the font larger? I can't figure it out. I'm sure someone has probably answered this somewhere before, but I can't find that, either!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
wow, the avi lenght went from 320 to 240, that's a lot smaller...
I expect to see a lot of mutulated avi's next week, lol

but, not complaining, for avi creators like myself, it's a much more pleasant size to work with (only a bit small)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
texan, give a a few and I'll make you a new background that will fit properly.

That'd be nice.

once i see the format that it applied, i can make it in the future.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Then maybe it would be best If I just give you a template:

Use the image below as your background template and hide the layer. This way you can create the background starting with the proper dimensions....then hide and unhide my image on top of yours to see if your main image is lining up in the blue box....or reduce it's opacity to see though my image to yours.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eabed371baa0.png[/atsimg]
edit on 10/4/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Use the image below as your background template and hide the layer. This way you can create the background starting with the proper dimensions....then hide and unhide my image on top of yours to see if your main image is lining up in the blue box....or reduce it's opacity to see though my image to yours.

Very good. Thank you. i will work it out in CS3 tonight.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thanks, I'll check those dimensions out, and see if it doesnt get distorted. I like my avatar, a friend made it and its says exactly the message I think everything on earth stands for or should. I'll try that today.

Edit to add: centered but distorted and blurry. I don't understand the dimensional template above very well that was given either. It was perfect the way it was before, and now its screwed up, don't even remember the original.
edit on 4-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

This is super helpful.
Thank you!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thanks! This helps
I already changed it because I know my old one needs to be redone. I will fix my old one later.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Pixel Space: The new "visible" space for background images is 180 pixels wide and 400-480 pixels tall (depending on other factors in your mini-profile).

I just wanted to clarify that background images are to be made to 480 pixels tall (max), and that if we use a blank avatar it has to be 170 x 240, again this is the max size for a blank.

Maximum Pixel Dimensions: Maximum allowable mini-profile backgrounds will be 200 pixels wide by 700 pixels tall. Smaller images are repeated in the background space.

This is where I get confused, I understand we can go a bit wider if we want but what does the 700 pixels tall mean ? can I make a single image 700 pixels tall or will it automatically resize into a tiled effect.

Any help is appreciated.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

alright....now i got it.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ok, trying to get the format right....

on the "mini profile title" there is only 1 line of text for entry. Before, it had html code to enter a line break in it. when i try to do the same, i will not accept it. i tried to enter the php equivalent () and still no line break.

is that feature being removed? How do i get the line break back in there? without it, the avatar is all screwed up again.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I wish I was clever like you guys to be able to change my avatar every now and then... I can't even remember how I got this one to work in the first place, I do remember that it drove me nuts for a while though and I think I got it to work by accident

Hopefully I won't have to change or alter mine in the future...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
this thread keeps moving to the top of MyATS list without anyone responding.
edit on 5-10-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Since graphics aren't my forte at all, I'm wondering if anyone who has skill in this area might know of a good freeware/shareware resizing tool.

I think that this might be helpful to those, like me, who shudder at the notion of trying to work with a full suite graphics program for the first time.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join