It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Uncle is in love with a life size plastic doll

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I remember he used to have a fixation with trains, he had them all over the house and my cousins had every Milton Bradley game ever made, I mean they had 'every game' I had ever heard of, it was weird I remember because they rarely ever wanted to play any of them when my brother and i came to visit.

He never let his kids 2 girls and a boy( who later committed suicide outside a hospital when his new wife had a miscarriage), sleep over at others houses, and he listened to Polka back in the 70's when everyone else listened to either current or rock.

He played an accordion, and drank one beer each night. He was really thin and I could sit and stare at how he crossed his legs, they wrapped around the ankles in a painful looking way. He reminded me of a male Olive Oil of Popeye fame.

The only show he allowed on TV was Lawrence Welk when everyone was into shows like Sonny and Cher at that time.

Like I said I have not seen him in many years, but I was also told he did show up at my Grandparents a few years back and was enormous, that he looked like he had gained 500 lbs. I did not see him but just cannot imagine the male Olive looking more like Brutus.

Anyway, I will see my Grandma tomorrow and share some of this information with her, when she told me about this, she was so embarrassed she almost turned her head to tell me, so not so sure this thread info wont be just a bit shocking to her...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, that plastic doll won't divorce him, take him for 40% of his salary, deny him rights to visit his child (against court order / courts don't care if the woman disobeys the law, only men).

That doll won't hit him, will never deny him gratification or talk mean to him, nor will she manipulate, control or lie to him.

Yes, in my opinion, this is strange behavior, but than again, most men think with the head between their legs anyway.

Maybe he is making a statement.

I've had quite a few young men tell me they wish the younger women now days were more gentle, kind and fair.

As old of a fart as I am, I have actually had a few really cute young men say to me they wish I was either 20 years younger or they were 20 years older. And, I'm just really average looking, nothing special.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Very insightful post.............really asute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hefner can afford the talking, walking plastic models though.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Very understanding and open minded post. Starred.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, very wise comment.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thank You.
Very asute use of the word asute, by the way.
Perhaps it is more astute use of the word asute more so than asute use of the word asute, but asute and astute may be as asute and astute as each other.

As I was once a hormonal teenage boy, I think I helped fund Hugh's collection.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
antar, that is an outstanding story that one might deem sad, though surely don't. Is he insane? I don't know because I don't know the guy. However, I can say that if it makes him happy, who are we to say what he should or shouldn't do and that's regardless of whether the guy has lost his marbles.

As I said in the opening sentence, some people may find this story sad but I can guarantee that some men who have real women may be far less happy than he is. Some people who may not have a woman and can't find love through an inanimate object, are surely not as happy as he.

I say, why not? It isn't hurting anyone right? Even if he is insane, he doesn't seem to be hurting anyone, not even the doll, I'm sure. In fact, I kind of like your uncle's attitude, as he seems to not car about the sociatal norms and what is or isn't accepted. He's simply doing his own thing and you certainly can't fault a guy for that, now can you? I actually find this story uplifting, as he apparently found love even though the odds were against him. Where other people would go lonely, he managed to find love in the least likely of places, with the least likely of partners.

Just to note, he probably has a much hotter girl now than a lot of other guys. Don't believe me? Go out to the country and walk into a Wal*Mart at any given time.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Great idea!
Now I know what I'm getting for my single male relatives for Christmas!

Your uncle sounds like a real character. At least he's not "boring"!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join