It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Made You Believe Aliens Have Visited Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hello all,

What made you believe aliens have visited earth? I'm not asking what makes you believe aliens exist in the universe because almost everyone believes that. I'm asking specifically about what made you believe in earth visitation?

Did it happen in an instant after listening to a friend or reading an article or was it a personal experience that did it? Or did it happen over a number of months or years? I'm not a total believer in earth visitation but it's 'possible' it's happened and it's this possibility that maintains my interest in the topic, it's also fairly torturous not fully believing either way.

One thing that this thread isn't and that's a sceptic vs believer thread, so I'll ask either side to refrain from 'bashing' the other side, I'm bored to tears with those kind of threads so just to reiterate, it's not a 'versus' thread, it's kind of a ''what makes a person tick'' kind of thing so let's maintain some dignity in that regard. I'd love to see a few personal experience posts here but everything is welcome to get a fuller picture of things.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My experience and subsequent knowing started with dreams as a young child which evolved as the years went by, this coupled with many many sightings at night from my bedroom window was it for me.

So to answer your Op, I guess it happened and solidified over the course of years.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't remember how and when I decided I believed in alien visitation, all I know is that I have been deeply fascinated with aliens since I was a young girl (at least 5/6 years old) and I don't see why they couldn't have. Having had an experience of my own, a sighting of a craft, I think we are visited often. I just wish I knew why

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I cannot remember a time I did not have an interest in this subject. When I was younger, I believed. There was no moment of realization, that all the pieces came together, I just always did. However, when I got older, I started to believe less-and-less. There was no epiphany, it was a gradual process until I reached a point where I am today, convinced they are not here but hopeful they are.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
There was no epiphany, it was a gradual process until I reached a point where I am today, convinced they are not here but hopeful they are.

Lol, I am the opposite, convinced they are here, hopeful they're not!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Read Jim Marrs Alien Agenda Book. It pretty much sums it all up. Watch Ancient Aliens
on the History channel or U Tube, it clarifies anything the book missed. Watch the skies
outside while dog walking, eventually you'll see something. Consider how truely disfunctional
our society and government/media are.... that spells it out. We have absolutely no control
over anything other than to say no thank you, and most people don't speak up.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
When I came across information of sightings that happened long before there were even airoplanes in the sky. From there, I read about all the sightings from all over the world, from credible witnesses. Though some UFO's are ours, there are those that arn't and someone is piloting those ships.

Further on in time, more and more credible witnesses have come forth to speak of alien visitations. Though there is much information and disinformation, it certainly makes me lean to believing.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
What made you believe aliens have visited earth? I'm not asking what makes you believe aliens exist in the universe because almost everyone believes that. I'm asking specifically about what made you believe in earth visitation?

A year ago or so I was nearly convinced. Mainly the reports from military people etc made me believe. But recently I've grown more skeptic, because I've seen these things never lead anywhere. In the beginning I thought it was very exciting and waited for some awesome new evidence to end up in the mainstream news, but I soon realized none of it is taken seriously anywhere other than the UFO beliver scenes. A frustrating topic to be interested in. And on ATS most of people seem to have seen a UFO themselves... most of them are probably liars or they saw something they didn't know what it was so they thought it had to be an alien spacecraft.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
I cannot remember a time I did not have an interest in this subject. When I was younger, I believed. There was no moment of realization, that all the pieces came together, I just always did. However, when I got older, I started to believe less-and-less. There was no epiphany, it was a gradual process until I reached a point where I am today, convinced they are not here but hopeful they are.

I started out interested in the paranormal (still am). Later, when I was around 10 years old, my great grandfather got me interested in UFOs. He was an atheist and a communist, a funny, warm and loving old man

I doubt they're here but I'm hopeful they are.

edit on 3-10-2010 by cripmeister because: add

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Years of studying Ancient religions... especially the Vedic scriptures and old Tibetan manuscripts... then at that time along came Erik von Danekin and Lobsang Rampa.... I saw a debate in Toronto on the Pierre Burton show between von Danekin and an archeologist. What impressed me then was that while he kept his cool and stuck to his version of the material he had, the archeologist could never answer the questions, and in the end resorted to personal attacks on his schooling and character. In the end Pierre said though he did not believe Erik, he declared him winner of the debate...

I see the same kind of 'debate' in most threads today..

From there I branched out into UFO/Alien hunting. It was easier then... not all the BS we see today. People like Robert Bigelow spent millions on such research and where is he today? Owns his own Aerospace company, partners on a Russian launch site and has 2 modules of his private space station already in orbit

Later as I dug deeper I got contacts in space command and the military... and I get reports from people who do not do the UFO circuit nor sell any books...

I no longer 'believe' in aliens... I KNOW... but no one believes me

But I still say..

80%ish Plasma critters
15%ish our black ops craft
5%ish the true visitors

edit on 3-10-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
1) Researching documents released under the FOI act, and keeping interested in the phenomenon.

2) Listening to the testimony of very smart people who held positions of privilege with the military, governments and 3 letter organizations.

4) Listening to some very average, normal ordinary people who had extraordinary experiences and viewing their videos and photos.

5) As I listened with an open mind, patterns of truth emerged that in my mind could not be denied.

Dr. John E. Mack stated this with regards to the abduction experience in his book.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I met some people who bumped into a bunch of aliens one night. Then I met some more. Then one night when I was sitting thinking "are these people for flippin real" I got a visitor of my own. No doubt, 100% real. Still not sure what "alien" is though.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
One night, there was a seriously BRIGHT light flying around. Whizzed off. Blew up. I believe now.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
OP asked me to contribute this story I posted on years ago. Story first; my commentary follows.

I have some good friends, Doug and Nancy. Nancy worked for me in computer support for our organization. I had three or four departments at the time and she was one of my supervisors. She was an excellent employee with a level head on her shoulders. I was very sorry when she left with her husband on a five year cruise aboard their 40 foot sailboat. They went all over the South Pacific and had many adventures. When they returned I was overjoyed to have an opening in my computer support department, so I rehired her to applause from all the staff of 200 or so.

Naturally we discussed their trip. She knew of my interest in UFOs and she told me the following. One starry night they were in the middle of the Pacific "between islands" with nothing else in site. The weather was perfect, the seas were calm, and, of course, there was no light pollution for any nearby cities, which were thousands of miles away. Nancy had the watch. Suddenly the entire sailboat was bathed in a cone of white light. She said it was like daylight on the boat, way brighter than a full moon. The light stayed on for less than a minute, then abruptly turned off. As I recall they could not see anything above them. There was absolutely no sound associated with the light.

That's the story. All we can do is speculate. For myself, I do not think this "proves aliens" at all. It could have been one of our own observation crafts patrolling the high seas. Who knows? I don't.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Me i did find out by my self when i look into the nazca line seen from space they are huge and as mysterious like these one

alien runway

read more: sreewitness.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i was always open to it, reading comics and sci-fi when growing up in the 50-60's.

plus all them cool movies!!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks, people.

A few years back I was sky watching and saw a satellite moving across the night sky (they look like stars for anyone who hasn't seen them, there a loads up there), then it suddenly stopped for about 20 seconds before it carried on moving out of sight, I kept my eyes fixed on it the whole time it was still, wanting to see an iridium flare. I thought nothing of it until I realised that satellites can not stop and start like that, they can't. I don't class that as alien visitation of course but it was a ufo, no one can discount secret gov-tech, but who knows.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
For me, it was the Betty Hill starmap.

Here we have this woman who claims to have been abducted by aliens. I know, big deal, right?

But, she furnished a map of particular stars, including their colors, something most astronomers didn't even know, on some of them. She showed a map with lines between stars like our own (yellow suns) and said the beings were investigating systems like their own. She said they showed her a projected map of this.

The fact that this matches a constellation (even with the colors) of an actual cluster, and that this grouping isn't even visible from her native hemisphere...and well, it's pretty compelling. Also, her and her husband were examined by one of the top psychiatrists in the field of their day. There was military interest in their sighting also.

The big kicker is that she showed evidence of knowledge beyond current human knowledge, that was later verified. That's a pretty big deal.

Other things since, have simply reinforced this idea, that we are being visited. Unfortunately though, there are FAR more hoaxers, liars, and charlatans in this field, than actual witnesses.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
for me its just seems more logical than for them not to have visited.
I have seen some strange things in my time but couldnt tell you 100% that it was alien,
so I guess you could say a" gut feeling"........ i know

edit on 4-10-2010 by paradiselost333 because: to edit

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I saw a UFO near my parent's house at age four in 1980. That was enough to get me to believe ETs are here. Since then I've had a few less spectacular but still quite interesting sightings. I did not see any ETs, however after decades or more of secrecy I have little reason to think humans are the pilots.

The subject is quite real to me as a result without any doubts in my mind as to the reality we're facing with a simultaneous government and extraterrestrial cover-up happening on this subject. I trust neither and neither should you, but be sure that ETs are here and doing something. I would just like to know what that something is.

top topics

join