It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening to ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
At first i hated the new layout and the way everything was, but now it just seems alot more intuitive and it flows alot better than the old one.

Stop being fools and crying because of a little change, Deal with it and move on.
What should be worrying you is the massive increase in "wooo paranormal powers" threads instead of the usual logic and evidence based threads we are used to

Word to your mother lol

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I hate new forum...looks all pretty..... but navigation is as confusing and not user friendly in any way.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rollo
I hate new forum...looks all pretty..... but navigation is as confusing and not user friendly in any way.

Divide and conquer...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Looks like the 'new topics' button is unnerving some people for some reason...

I like the new layout, so I'll just leave quietly...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I like this layout better. And because I'm a seasoned poster on ATS...my opinion counts a thousand times.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ats is doing there own coverup. lol
its a ats ats topic

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have to say that the old layout was way easier to navigate than this new one. There seems to be an emphasis on "new" choices and features, and frankly it is a bit confusing. I'll admit im not a rocket scientist, but honestly this new layout is just annoying. I do appreciate those who are trying to give ATS a make over, but please guys...most of us out here dont like it at all. Rework the layout with a goal of simplicity and clarity.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have to say that the old layout was way easier to navigate than this new one. There seems to be an emphasis on "new" choices and features, and frankly it is a bit confusing. I'll admit im not a rocket scientist, but honestly this new layout is just annoying. I do appreciate those who are trying to give ATS a make over, but please guys...most of us out here dont like it at all. Rework the layout with a goal of simplicity and clarity.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilIuminati
Ok I just noticed that the Do you find that you come to ATS less after this last "upgrade"? was taken away from the new topics section , it was getting so many flags and comments within minutes , all of a sudden I looked and it was gone, What is going on? are you guys trying to cover up the fact that so many members hate this new layout, the color scheme and everything else like the cluttered menus, Seriously just fix the problem instead of trying to cover it up

Do you find that you come to ATS less after this last upgrade?

Aaaw don't throw your dolly from the pram. What's wrong with a little change? Come on, most of us are here because we want change in many different ways. But this?

So if you can't handle a website changing it's layout and modernising the features, what the hell are you going to do if major changes came? Major economical, political, biological, technological, diabolical, ecological and sociological changes?

What will you do if your country's economy collapsed and civil order? An outbreak of a killer virus? Breakdown of amenities? Shops stopped selling Coco Pops? You would fill your pants. And heaven forbid if someone Pimped Your Ride. The horror! "I don't like it! It's too different! Aaaaaaargh! I don't like the stereo and built-in Sat-Tv, PS3, internet. Take it awaaaaaaaaay! Pleeeeeeeease!"

I find this topic so feckin' funny. The same happened when Facebook changed it's layout. People got in a panic, started groups and "campaigns". People not being able to find out how to access things. Threatening to quit Facebook because of it...they never did. They got used to it.

Think about it. It's just a website. The same sh*t still goes on. It just looks different. Would you stop talking to a friend or family member who burns their face or gets cosmetic surgery?
That's more of a "cosmetic" change worth getting your knickers in a twist over, rather than a website and it's layout.

In all seriousness now.....Get used to change. It's a major part of life.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I come here less and less since the new layout. With the threads menu that was on the right gone makes looking for topics to much of a pain. I come in, check my ATS forums, read the 1st post in them and I'm gone till the next day. Down from 2hrs or more a day to just a few mins to a half hour. I miss my ATS and since I don't have the option to choose a layout sooner or latter most likely sooner I'll be moving on.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Cover up?

ATS Admin not wanting to deal with criticism?

Last I checked the boards is FILLED with it, multiple threads, probably over 100 bashing the redesign etc.

I see why the thread went away, it was moved to BTS because it was not conspiracy related, it was just a place for negativity.

Some people's kids...

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
And I am sure the last time they had a layout update this same complaining happened.

Give it a little time.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I love the new layout

Took me a while to get used to it but it's pretty groovy, and the side tabs are a nice touch. Now I only see what I want to see

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by badw0lf
I agree.

Why? Because the poster goes by the name "Big Raging Loner", they're not welcome here?

A contextual glitch! Born of chaos.

Hoowah?!! Lol I agree with BRL I think... If he was the one who said he got used to the layout.

I disagree with the other folk finding drama and conspiracy in evern nook and cranny of the new layout.

But I suspect the MODS are altering my posts to make it seem so, those goram crooks!!!!

8)

And I also find it rather interesting that a lot of the people complaining have join dates within 2010

Possible lurkers. Maybe they signed up just so they could complain. But then again, nearly every seems to sign up so they can complain about something. Being vocal about conspiracies is complaining. Born complainers are we.

Yeah, the nerve! Stop complaining, all o' ya!

The Ire of the Conspirer!!

Oo

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I hope nobody beat me to this but the thread is right here. As for the new lay-out, I'm still getting used to it. Doesn't bother me really.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
As for myself, I really like the new background....I like this basic black, it is what I

personally use for my own graphics. The layout is aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

It's neat and up to date looking. I have no difficulty navigating around. So I have to

disagree with you on this one!

Kudos to the designer!

Have a nice day!

edit on 5-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
OKOK...What happened to my profile page!

Everything was perfect till you messed around with it!

That looks sloppy now.

Text are bumping into my profile avatar...

An artist can ruin a canvas when they add the wrong colors!

Too much already!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Does anyone know what happened to the ignore feature here at ats? It used to be the profile, but I can't find it anymore, did they remove it, and why?

I asked this question in another thread, and a mod removed it for being off-topic, so that's why I am asking here.
edit on 6-10-2010 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i got used to it so maybe you should to?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You silly kids...

I think the answer has been provided already, and if you have further questions the normal thing to do is hit up the issues thread.

But as far as the site is concerned...I don't see how people say it is more cluttered. It's just as cluttered as before, just newer graphics.

The recent updates and junk on the right? I really never payed to much attention to it because that's usually where ads are on other websites. I have mental blinders. I never noticed it until people started moaning about it being gone. The new tabby things make a lot more sense...seems like some people are lazy and don't wanna click them. Either way, I think it promotes staying with a thread. So many times you see people post and leave, I'm guilty a few times. If you want to see what's new, click on new topics. That's why it's there...right?

Seriously now, it's either put up or leave...it's what I say to people whenever they don't like the change. This site is pretty much the best around, if you are going to let a little site update ruin that for you, so be it. But PLEASE...stop making these threads bitching about it. Again..that's what the issues thread and board business is for.

Maybe these people have problems with the site because they don't know how to properly use it...seems to be the most common denominator.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join