It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US will Issue Travel Warning to those visiting Europe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The US government is to issue a travel alert, warning its citizens to be vigilant while travelling in Europe because of the threat of an al-Qaeda commando-style attack.xt

So the US government will be issuing a warning to its citizens to not visit anywhere with large crowds in Europe, basically a warning not to visit Europe.
This seems like a massive over reaction. If people are too scared to come and visit Europe, then the terrorists have already won without even having to carry out their plans. You have more chance getting knocked down by a car than you have being a victim of terror attack, yet the US government feels it necessary to issue such a warning.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 3-10-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hi, woodwardjnr.

I think it's just an advisory and not a warning to avoid Europe, entirely:

It would also not go as far as advising against travel to Europe, the official said.
Article from OP

They're just telling folks to be careful when they go travelin'.

However, an alert is less serious than a travel warning.
Article

Thanks for posting the info, though. I probably would have missed it otherwise.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw it on yahoo news this morning too. Sounds like a prelude to a False Flag Attack!! Nothing to do with Osama Bin Laden. As usual his name is used in the terror BS propoganda scaremongering.

If something however does happen u can be rest assured it ain't terrorist muslims doing the nasty. It will be the US and or UK terrorist government!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f75bda1ca7b9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I imagine Americans who have made travel plans to Europe will be canceling their trips. It may not be a full on advisory to not visit Europe, but advises to avoid crowded ares... like tourist spots.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Maybe.

I guess it depends on the reason for the trip. The business travelers will probably keep their plans, some of the vacationers may not. I wouldn't let it stop me, personally (if I had the money
) but some might.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I don't need my State Department to tell me to stay away!

It's obvious that most of the world over, Look Out!

Europe haa been a good target since, well, forever?

1983. Bobby's Bar Number Two, in Glafada, Athens, Greeces. Boom!

Missed it by that much! Whooo!

There have been people just pissed off with the U.S. in their lands,since WWII.

It really doesn't matter why they are pissed off. Just, well, they are pissed off because you are in their lands.

So get the ff*^k out!

Wonderful, you did a good deed, people thank you, now go home and stop meddling.

Yes, you saved my ass, how much do I actually owe you and for how long?

Forever? Not!

Don;t worry, though, we have good intelligence from Osama bin Laden, that says there will be attacks. Meh
Not that the attacks won't happen.. Just that the Osama Boogieman stuff really doesn't mean much to us.

Should have killed him about 10 years ago, yes? That's what this war was all about, yes? YES!

Somehow you didn't wear down Osama, but you sure wore my ass out!

Hell, yes! It doesn't take a genius to stay our of Europe, the ME, parts of Mexico, and many other places!

We are not wanted there!\

Let those who have to live with the crap, deal with it. Grow a pair and do what you gotta do!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What theyre telling you is, travel to Europe and they'll kill you. I live in Europe, i been twice in my whole life to the USA and im still alive. If you believe the same assholes who told you Saddam Hussein would bomb the world in 45 mins, dont come to Europe and eat our wonderful food ;P

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I love how the United States government and media stilll uses Osama Bin Laden as a spokesman for treror and attacks...like seriously this man has had kidney disease for 10 years and lives in a cave? It has been said he had been killed as well...if he happens to be alive do you honestly think he'd make a threat? Terrorists do not truely make threats they execute than take credit for it. How many ignorant people live here in America believe a man is on the run and has a chronic condition that has lasted years and years and if he is somehow alive he's about to croak is aiming threats to us?

It is sad and dispicable that our government continues to fall for Israel's pity that doesn't exist and uses media to convince us. Bin Laden never admitted to attacking the USS Cole or 9/11 attack...The Cole came from a Israeli Torpedo...I mean since when did the Taliban acquire Submarines? And if they did it was funded by America and the CIA who spent millions working to create the talliban and to help the middle east in the 80's. If they had Subs wouldn't we have had more attacks on the navy or hear of our navy blasting taliban subs? None of it has happened and I'm sure terrorists wouldn't use a submrine to attack it's enemies just one than abandon it. 9/11 was a date the CIA planned to test attacks on buildings with air planes, it was roughly 1-2% of jewish heritage that showed up to work on 9/11 at the trade centers, the owner who ate breakfast there every single day except that day never came nor did his daughter who was an employee, not to add that fox mentioned tower 7 collapsing 20 minutes before it did. If anything a nation in Europe is planning to set an attack to draw themselves into a war with a middle eastern nation, possible the french or british trying to join the war again, possibly to fight against a possible upcoming combat against iran or pakistan.

it sickens me, I'm an American and enjoy my freedoms, which are slowly being ripped away, but we need to focus on fixing our economy, crackdown on the ceos and higher ups using last years stimulus as bonuses and freebies instead of investing it in hiring people or giving raises, reduce the fraud of hospitals that keep you in the ER and rarely visits its patients to collect more money, feeding and housing our poor and homeless, education, and using science for medicine and synthetic organic food instead of this pesticide infested crap.

Our nation is practically a tool of Israel and it is horrible, while they instigate a problem and try to draw us in our government continues to fall for it as well as our public voting peoples. It isn't Barack Obama it is a social issue that has been occuring for decades....we the people who are supppose to run our government need to speak up about this issue, Iraq is/was a battle for something that never existing and Afghanistan is against a militant group created and funded by our own elected officials to find a way to fight in the middle east.

Iraq is consdered the craddle of life with the Euphretes and Tigris river, where man first started civilization aka Garden of Eden, The USA has a freedom of religion but the government is blatantly Christian and the Zionist Jews of Israel want their true homeland back, Israel isn't it. As for Afghanistan, it is like Vietnam, we're looking for a guy who doesn't trulye exist nor will be caught it is a way to distrct us from the truth.

We need to make up and completely reject our democrat and republican ideas...they preach different ideas but in the end they make the same decisions....we need to stop this.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Once again, Americans all over Europe are urged to take preventative measures to ensure their own safety...

Patches should be attached to all backpacks, and woolen hats, and American tourists are encouraged to say "eh" a lot.

edit on 10/3/2010 by whatukno because:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Seems like the problem of the middle-east is having its boundaries stretched to the whole Europe as a threat... disgusting! Obama F Off!!!! ..Rather be here in europe than there in US... least we can swim in water.. not oil.

Probaly an early move to go at turkey after iran?

edit on 07/14/2010 by AlphaANDOmega because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Lmao!!!

Second line.....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I was just watching the news -reporters have been on streets of London asking American tourists if they are worried or concerned by this announcement,all of those asked,said they were not worried,and in doing so would be giving in to terrorists.
One guy said "I didnt travel 1000s of miles to be thinking next day about returning home"

Meanwhile Sweden has ramped up its threat level too;

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join