It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO and The Forgotten Man?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, I don't really know.

I don't see it as racist really. I mean yeah he's the only black guy in the painting, but he is the only black president. To me it's an opinion piece about the way this administration has led the country.

I don't think race has anything to do with it, this is very political, very emotional and I agree with the reactions of the former Presidents.

Jebus Slayer, you sure know how to pick a fight eh?

You know, looking at it further, Obama doesn't look content or happy with his stance or how this has gone. His look is almost one that says " Yeah it sucks, but some of this had to be done to move forward."

You know some would say that in order to fix the USA you have to break it, let it burn to the ground. What if that's Obama's theory on how to fix it all? Would he be considered a hero or a villain in 100 years?

I REALLY like this painting...

~Keeper

edit on 10/3/2010 by tothetenthpower because: I needed to add some stuff...smart stuff.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

You are not getting S&Fs from me eventhough I agree with it 100%.
The rules say you can't repeat someones thread and member Nephi posted an equal quality thread last weekend. I saw on page one his post and your reply, but the rules are rules here right...mods?

Then you may need to reread the rules again. You can have two threads on the same topic as long as they are in two different forums.

Thems the rules.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think the whole idea of the painting will backfire.
You think people are that dejected waiting for the president to act.
I don't think so.
Bad news.
This image better not surface too high.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Why are people being all like why is regan next to this person? etc.
This is the artists view on the government, does not mean he knows every detail, but concidering what I see in there I think he has a pretty good idea of it

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Over all I see deep sadness. Certainly the look on the common man's face is one of hopelessness. Several of the presidents seem to be saying "What have you done? What about the people you represent? Have you forgotten what this country was founded on? " Please stop and think about the implications in the long run."

Some look bewildered as if they can't believe this has happened to America. Yet, Obama seems unaffected , cold hearted and unwavering on his stance of trashing the constitution and going forth with the agenda for the NWO.

Can't decide if the ones laughing are doing so in a mocking fashion, or if they are generally pleased that the plan set in motion hundreds of years ago regarding the NWO is about to take place.

I cannot see how this is in anyway racist. The fact is Obama is a black man. So what! The color of his skin has no bearing on the facts of where our country is today. but make no mistake, even though he was not solely responsible for the state of this nation, he is the one in charge when the chips fell and believe me they have fallen. He must bear that burden alone as the most powerful leader of the most powerful country in the world.

Just my opinion.

S&F Slay!

Pax

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I didn't even pick up on the fact Obama seems to be the only black man in the picture, until you pointed that out.

I don't know if there are racial overtones or undertones or connotations, either. I don't know if I have a reliable basis for comparison within my own personal experiences or intentions for judging such stuff.

But there is only one man in that picture with his arms crossed. And sporting a stern and earnest near frown looking towards his left (we read, type, write, and communicate from left to right) left in body language as well as hand writing analysis means the past, history.

I noticed this when looking during further examination of the picture (today) and I was looking at where the presidents are gesturing towards with their hands, their stances and demeanor, where they themselves are looking and pointing, and other body language associations I could make.

I think the president is portrayed as being Arrogant and perhaps overly self confident.

Men rarely cross their arms in a self defense posturing. They do cross their arms to show (unconsciously and involuntary) to demonstrate authority, self-confidence and arrogance.

There is only one man standing on the constitution. There is only one man with his arms crossed in that picture.

The following is a list of some common body postures and states the persons position.
Meanings of body actions

Arms crossed: Defensive and cautious
Source

Source/More Body Language
•Men rarely cross their arms in a self-preservation pose. They do cross their arms to show (mostly involuntary) self-confidence and arrogance.

These are some things I noticed today after looking at the painting.

-ET

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

Then edit your OP accordingly...

Not that I'm concerned with your opinion.
But why would I want to or even bother?

Suffice it to say, It's already too late to edit the post. If you feel that strongly I would suggest you hit the alert button and post a complaint.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
REMINDER:
The topic of this thread is: NWO and The Forgotten Man? Not each other.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ha ha

well, that was inappropriate.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Not sure if y'all have noticed or not, but if you go to the link that Slayer provided in the OP, then click on the painting, it takes you to an interactive page. As you scroll around on the painting, you can see what the artist thinks about everything he put in it. What is also interesting is what all the rubbish is...Social Security Act, Federal Reserve Act, etc.
What interests me, is the direction of the eyes not paying attention to the Forgotten Man. Some look at you, some to the left and some obviously paying attention to something on the right.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropOfKim
What interests me, is the direction of the eyes not paying attention to the Forgotten Man. Some look at you, some to the left and some obviously paying attention to something on the right.

I think the ones looking to the left are looking at our past actions the center our present and the ones looking to the right at our future? Anyway that's kind of the feeling I got from it.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i have heard the term nwo for years think it was george bush sr who coined the phrase

never put much stock in it until now........................................................save the planet is the means to this order

now who doesnt like a great cause(meh)

we have seen the signs already the european union riots in iceland.greece and so forth

break the system by bankrupting it so they can come sweep in and "save the day" when people are jobless,homeless and starving noone will turn away a helping hand----insidious and nefarious to say the least.....

this is an interesting read over at wikipedia( i know people frown on wiki but i thought i needed to at least look at the orgins of the urban myth-legend) now that its becoming a "reality".

we have all seen the damage of what has happened to this country and noone can deny it any longer everything this government has done has been without reason or has it.

they know what they are doing and now they are speeding it up to the point where what they want is inevitable.

people have dismissed the nwo in the past but not now it highly obvious for even in chaos there is and order....

the new world order driven by the madness and selfishness of not only my fellow americans but the world now

they seem to be begging for it to have someone to call all the shots and provide them with their ever wish

they are sadly mistaken however is it too late to stop this onslaught? even i dont know.

maybe the forgotten man in that painting and that video is a wake up call for people to finally get that we all have been forgotten and then agian we all havent been forgotten their actions of obama and the other presidents have all led us to this point the expressions in the faces of those presidents are really telling to me it seems like they know whats coming and their failures had led us into the abyss they and some will argue this tried to stop it while others have hurried it along.

that presidents seat no matter how much power people think it may hold doesnt have the power of god no matter if they think it does in the end they just like you and me are just mere mortals...............

small minds think that painting is racist open minds will look to the intent of the artist.

edit on 3-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropOfKim
Not sure if y'all have noticed or not, but if you go to the link that Slayer provided in the OP, then click on the painting, it takes you to an interactive page. As you scroll around on the painting, you can see what the artist thinks about everything he put in it.

Thanks for letting us know. I was not aware of this feature

.... is the direction of the eyes not paying attention to the Forgotten Man. Some look at you, some to the left and some obviously paying attention to something on the right.

I find some of these "signals" telling of the way the artist either percieves them and/or wants to portray or convey meaning through their body languages. But, I agree.

Awesome avatar btw DropOfKim. Like mine, I assume it is only up for the spooky Holloween theme.

Thanks again for sharing that with us,
ET

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DropOfKim

Every dollar a piece of paper has it's own description in that interactive link!!!

I particularly like the tidbit of information shared by putting my mouse clicker over "US Dollar #6"
(paraphrasing from interactive, but I believe I'm close):

It took America 191 years to run up it's first trillion dollars of debt between 1791 and 1982. It took congress only four years after that to run up an additional trillion dollars in debt.

Ya. That sounds logical to me. uh.... who has their hands on the steering wheel & who is building the roads???

This planet must have problems,
ET

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me. I'm not a Barack Obama supporter at all. But this is nothing more than a painting, that one man painted to illustrate his point of view. It is a very nice painting, but it means absolutely nothing. If anyone takes this to be for real, has to take a serious hard look at themselves and bring themselves into reality. We cannot allow opinions of others to become fact just because it is put on a painting or in writing for that matter. Please put this in context, admire the picture, but there is no factual meaning to it at all.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

RACIST?

Did you see all the white guys that were/are as big of a jackass as he is?

I'm not even sure what else to say. I'm just too freakin amazed at people like you.

Cant even talk about a guy that's a rotten president. I didnt know that skin color made you somehow "immune" to criticism.

good god.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Thanks for turning some of us on to this Slayer. As always, you come through with some of the best.

The emotions that come from this picture are as powerful as they are disturbing. When I was younger (much), I always wondered why people in commie countries just didnt "plug" those in power and take their countries back.

I understand now its much different than I thought. too many heads on the Hydra.

I thought, "surely, some modern "Washington" will raise a standard for us all to rally behind and "take it to'em".
I dont think he's coming.

All the answer's I thought I had are as dust.

I wonder what more I can do. All I come to is raise my daughter up as good as possible but that has its own problems. I want her to have the guile of a "John Conner" but the good faith to know that not everyone is "out against the country". Its a walk on the razor.

This picture hit me right between the eyes brother.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

star. I agree. Race is a non-issue compared to more pressing issues we should all agree take priority, imo.

Criticize the actions and behaviors, and unlike what Beck is a proponent of "Judge a man by the quality of their character", which I do not think is absolute reasoning considering people cannot fathom or imagine other peoples' intentions without having something they know about themselves to use as a basis for comparison when attempting to judge someone else. If I was President Obama, then who would I be? And if I am in President Obama's head to judge him as being or doing what is insane, then if I'm in his head, am I not out of my mind? Malformed logic, imo, at certain degrees. But, I could be wrong.

As for racist presidents, owning slaves is something more than one president did, and more than one president did in office. But that was years ago. As for anyone who attempts to become an extension of the wills of hundreds of millions of others, and somehow magically responsible for their actions and behaviors and accountable for their actions and behaviors, I just don't think the blame game works. It takes a villiage, but sometimes what we seem to have is a village of idiots, myself included as I am confronted with situations that require responses, but may be ignorant of some variables to the equation, and do not have the luxury of hindsight.

In summary of this post, yes, we can judge the actions and behaviors of, and use indirect evidence to calculate what would have to be going on behind closed doors to institute what seems to me to be like a global martial law pact between nations, to incorporate psychological warfare tactics against the populace of geographical locations and like minded demographics.

YES, jugding the president and why his actions and behaviors and overt agendas are, are acceptable. Calling racism is the weaker sides fallback point, imo. Racism is a deterrent from certain truisms, and linear thinking may automatically not include certain possibilities as known options.

Racism is the burden of those who cannot see past it or through it for what it is/was. People can voice their opinion about their president without it being racist, but remember there are many alive among us that remember when racism was a very political issue at the highest levels of government.

On some issues there are things we should all be able to agree upon, and we are not paying attention to details as a whole, imo.

some of my thoughts on this matter,
ET

edit on 3-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: Are you reading these words? I put them here for a reason. thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join