It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Eyed Kids- Did I just have an BEK experience?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

Even though there is no evidence, the BEK stories strike dread in people like no other story does. I for one, believe in the stories, not all of them, but a few do ring true.

I first read Brian Bethels account a few years ago and have since been interested in the BEKs. I would like to see it for myself , and if I do ever get a knock on my door I'll be sure to grab my camera!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSPI07
If you were referring to my post, I want to clarify that this occurred at the lady's home the night before. She told me about it in the morning when she came into work because she thought she had seen ghosts. Like I said before, almost everyone that worked there knew of my interest in the paranormal and felt comfortable enough to talk to me when they experienced something strange...be it at home or at the workplace.

Nope as you said she was at home, I was thinking about the people who were in businesses that should of had at least one camera that would of caught something unless none of the cameras were being recorded but I find that a bit hard to believe.

The security guard I mentioned was the one who went out for a cigarette then watched the kids on his monitor before they went to a blind spot and he called the police.

Originally posted by JJBB22
Even though there is no evidence, the BEK stories strike dread in people like no other story does. I for one, believe in the stories, not all of them, but a few do ring true.

Agree, I would like to know why though. They don't hurt anyone and they don't force anything (ok that one time) they just politely ask to come in, I don't know maybe it's the kids with dead black eyes would of been interesting to see the reactions if it was just adults with black eyes and not kids.
edit on 4-10-2010 by aivlas because: new response

edit on 4-10-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Ah, okay, I must have missed that story then!

Having been in the security industry for 10 years, I can tell you that not all cameras are necessarily recorded. Sometimes more cameras are installed than what the recording device (DVR/VCR) can handle. In those cases, essential cameras are recorded (i.e. high-dollar item locations, cash registers, etc.) and lower-priority cameras are not. This was the case at the warehouse where I worked until corporate finally bought us a third DVR.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

sounds weird and strange ?, what was **SNIP**?:S:S:S , sorry but in ur statement u did to many things a normal person would not do if the door-bell rang at 12 am :S

edit on Wed Oct 6 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD NOTE: The New ATS Policy on Drug-Related Topics

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSPI07
reply to post by aivlas

Ah, okay, I must have missed that story then!

Having been in the security industry for 10 years, I can tell you that not all cameras are necessarily recorded. Sometimes more cameras are installed than what the recording device (DVR/VCR) can handle. In those cases, essential cameras are recorded (i.e. high-dollar item locations, cash registers, etc.) and lower-priority cameras are not. This was the case at the warehouse where I worked until corporate finally bought us a third DVR.

Thought that was the case will try and track down the story I mentioned is on here somewhere
and I fail at finding it sorry.
edit on 4-10-2010 by aivlas because: failed

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Yea, what those that try to dismiss BEK's as 'contact lenses' dont consider is that these encounters also come with a feeling of dread, or 'somethings terribly wrong here'. And it seems this occurs even before they notice their black eyes.

I have never encountered a BEK, and I don't want to derail this thread, but I have had a number of supernatural experiences in my life where I have been playing a video game and have entered text 'chat' and what I have typed hasnt come out but what has come out alongside my name on the screen is an attack on me personally (to do with a relationship I was involved in at the time). This happened on several occasions and their is no explanation for it. I work in IT and I know that in order to do this you must take control of a persons computer. Yet I never lost control of my PC. I learnt after a few times of this happening, to look up at the screen after typing my chat to see what I had typed before hitting 'enter' (which would display the chat to everyone on the server), and if what I typed wasnt what I had typed on the screen to hit 'esc' which cancels the chat. Ive put forward this story in technical forums to see if I can get a logical explanation for it and no-one can give me a reason how this could be done. In fact, none of the possible explanations (eg a server admin did it) even come close to explaining how this happened, as I used to play on random servers. In other words, if it was an admin he would have had to be everywhere as I moved servers, and its impossible to follow someone around like that, and to immediately know what server their on. Before this happened the first time, I was in game and my PC screen (the game anyway) went haywire for a few seconds. I put this down to lag or a temporary bad connection. But shortly after that the text appeared in game, that I hadnt typed, and it creeped me out so much I immediately shut the game down and turned off my PC. Now I know that if someone hacks your PC you could experience the symptoms I describe, however I would also have lost control of my PC, so this wasnt any form of hacking I or anyone else is familiar with, if thats what it was. To me, something unexplained was involved.

Ive also had people doorknock me at midnight. When I have gone to see who it is theres no-one there or on one occassion some guy I had never seen before was standing in my driveway smoking a cigarette and just looking at my door. Of course I didnt answer it. I mean, who goes visiting someone at midnight?

On another occasion a girl I was involved with told me a 'Barbara' would ring me the next day and she asked if I knew anyone by that name. I said I didnt. The next day one of my computer customers called me whom I hadnt heard from in over 6 months. Her name was 'Barbara'. And this friend of mine had never met her. This friend of mine also came on MSN once to chat with me on cam. As I went to change into another color top (I was feeling a bit grubby) she messaged me on my phone to say I looked good in blue. The shirt I was putting on in my bedroom (well away from the room with the computer/cam) was blue. There are too many unexplained things in this world to dismiss the supernatural.
edit on 4-10-2010 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hi Oz. I've had some interaction with you before and you're a smart guy.

I'm assuming you posted this to explore the possibility of a supernatural pretense and not with the preconceived notion that this was a supernatural experience.

I would note that first off a knock on the door so late at night would have set off an alarm for anyone. Your dog not barking at the knock is another alarm. Then a light going out at night when you want to see would be alarm 3. Noticing the conditions out doors were darker than usual due to street lights being off is alarm 4. Seeing children at your door so late is alarm 5. So now you're running 5 alarms and you're just looking for more things to be out of place which can cause you to overassess the situation beyond rationality.

It seems like from the positioning of the information in your story that you didnt notice the street lights were off until you recounted your story. I would posit that the black eyes were a figment of your imagination that was inserted into your memory after the fact that now appears as though it was part of the original occurence.

There are times where I drive down the same freeway I always do and it looks completely different to me than others. I have yet to figure out what makes the difference, but if my mind wandered I could easily conjure something up.

Perhaps this is just your mind attempting to find something out of place to fill the void of uncertainty.
edit on 10/4/2010 by dbloch7986 because: To add second alarm

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Looking for more on these kids...they do sell contacts which make the entire eye appear black, even the whites. There is a thread on them here, which you probably already saw...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've seen some recent discussion about why some people don't see the black eyes at first, but only notice them sometime during or towards the end of the encounter.

Just speculation here..

What if most of the appearance of "normal kid" is a disguise of some type, one that requires either the mental control of the being to maintain, or one that relies on manipulating the mind of the observer to maintain.

Either way, as the "kids" begin to realize that the encounter isn't going as they intend, they lose some of their focus and control and the eyes are the first part of the disguise to slip.

In several accounts I've read, the all-black eyes aren't noticed until the kids begin to become insistent, annoyed, or aggressive. In other words, not until after they are aware that they are losing control of the situation and appear to become emotional. Is it at that point, or after that point, that their confidence and control begins to slip and the observer is able to see through at least part of the disguise?

Perhaps also some humans are more resistant than others to such manipulation and see the real eyes (or lack of eyes?) immediately. I seem to remember reading some accounts in which the black-eyed entity seemed surprised or annoyed that the person noticed something odd about them, and other accounts in which a person who was with the observer at the time of the incident didn't see the black eyes and didn't notice anything unusual about the being.

One person was supposedly told that they were there to "collect" him. As video coverage and surveillance of public areas increases and our skies are more closely monitored than ever - with a corresponding increase in our ability to respond quickly to unidentified objects and lights in the sky - could this be a new experimental method of accomplishing abductions in areas where bringing in a flying craft is impractical or too risky?

Perhaps if you let them in you simply wake up the next day with no memory of what really happened the night before. Maybe voluntarily letting them in that first time allows them to set up a means of future access so that you can be taken or experimented upon repeatedly without any awareness of it...

As I said, just speculation.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

You make some interesting points, very much inline with my own thinking having read several BEK stories over the past few days.

I'm going to make the assumption that the phenomenon as reported is real and paranormal in nature.

It appears to me that a type of mind control/telepathy is involved, not used "offensively" to control the target but rather to obfuscate the reality of their true identity; if this illusion is shattered then it appears that they quickly lose their cool and become agitated and more aggressive in their attempts to gain permission to enter the targets property. Why some people are more resistant to this ability than others I can only speculate, it may have something to do with being "strong willed" or something else entirely.

If I were to take a guess as to the nature of this "true identity" I would say that they are alien or alien-human hybrids and very possibly connected with the insidious human mutilation phenomena, however I concede that I am basing that on personal bias and not any solid evidence.

Anyway so far I have only read up to page 10 before posting this so forgive me if it has been said already however even if it has I feel that it can't hurt to repeat:
OzWeatherman, it is not my intention to alarm you but if you don't already then please be careful to close and lock all your windows and doors before night time for at least the next few weeks.
Also if by chance you should repeat this experience in a dream, please DO NOT be tempted to invite the entities in "to see what happens"; even in your dream, tell them a firm NO and to leave.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Pupils dilate in the dark,aka lights out from a power failure.

Nistagmus is an eye condition which supposedly only occurs when one is drunk,but I had it when I got a brain injury.......for years,the cops loved me...

I would have slammed the door or threatened to call the cops too,but have seen some stranger things.

Too old and stupid to get scared much by anything anymore.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is why I LOVE...and hate...ATS. I love it because I am a paranormal nut, and as such have had some experiences that have made me want to soil myself and cry for my mother. And before I saw this post, I had no idea what a "Black Eyed Kid" was. So, ever the researcher, I looked into it. And thus, we come to the other side of the double-edged sword...I live alone at present, and the information I found on these BEKs absolutley terrified me.

Now, in regards to your post (and not to scare you), I would have to say yes, you did have a Black Eyed Kid experience. In fact, your story is eerily similar to an account I read by Brian Bethel, down to the way the kids were dressed, where they were standing in relation to you and each other, and even the length of hair of the speaker. And, from my readings, a careless encounter such as this actually led to an indirect death in Portland...so good on you for not opening your door and letting them in. In may just be paranoia and superstition speaking on my part, but when that human instinct kicks in and tells you that there is something f*cked up going on, it is always best to err on the side of caution.

All in all, very creepy dude...I myself have not encountered such a phenomena, and hope that I never do. I have shivers all up and down my spine as it is just from reading about it, and I need to be at work in seven hours...why do I always wait until nightime to scare the living daylights out of myself, I wonder?

GtkP

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hello mate I read through your story earlier on today but it was the first time I had heard of an event of this type. So I decided that I would sift through some stuff on the net first to get a better understanding of similar testimony's from different people in different places. It seems to me that this phenomenon has occurred quite frequently across the globe and that's just counting the people who have managed to find somewhere relevant on the internet to post such harrowing experiences. I haven't been around ATS for long but from what I can remember and from what other people are saying in this thread, you are quite an honest and respected member of ATS. So i shall follow with my speculation and opinion on the issue.

From the sounds of it you did not see kids high on any substances as previously suggested. Although it is a fair assumption it sounds highly unlikely to me based on your description and many others online. I am not aware of any known substance that turns your whole eye completely black. Although I believe as previously stated, it is a possibility that black cosmetic contact lenses may have been used, but considering the circumstances seems again highly unusual. So lets carry on assuming that these kids eyes were indeed unnaturally black. (Remember this is mere speculation on my part)

The put on accents definitely ring an alarm bell taking into thought that they were asking you to come into your house so that they could access their alleged kitten in your back garden. If they had a kitten and lived in the surrounding area then why would they even bother to put on an accent? Why not just say that they have recently moved into town? How would they even know that their kitten was in your garden unless they were infact a neighbour or had access to your garden legally or illegally in the first place? Instant deceit from the start of an encounter never makes a situation comfortable regardless of any strange factors of ones anatomy.

Another point to consider is the fact that you and most people who relate similar cases describe a deep feeling of unease when encountering these "People", in a lot of cases even before they see the black eyes. This is made even more strange by the fact that they are generally children and generally dress rather normal. It appears that some kind of innate consciousness or self defence mechanism made you feel unnerved around these children. To me this would suggest that what you experienced was most likely some kind of evil or unhealthy energy emitted either intentionally, instinctively or naturally by these kids.

Also taking into account the seemingly forcefulness of them wanting access to your abode would suggest that they did indeed have some kind of malicious intentions for you or your household once they got inside if you did allow them to come in.

Now if one was to be logical about this situation you would assume that they wanted access to your house for some kind of criminal gain. But personally it sounds to me that if this story is true (And I have no valid reason to doubt it) that these children were infact trying to get into your home for some malicious purpose other than criminal gain.

If I was to delve even deeper into speculation I would take a few educated guesses and come up with the following conclusions based on speculation:

1.These children were part of some kind of cult and wanted to come into your home to either kill/sacrifice you or torture or rape you for whatever purposes and were using black contact lenses for either scare effect or just following some kind of doctrine.

2. They were some kind of Extra Terrestrial race wanted to perform experiments on you in your home or abduct you. (Although I'm sure that if they did want to abduct you they would not have had to have your permission! Unless it is part of their rules for their race)

3. They were either possessed by some kind of evil spiritual force or E.T force to do another's bidding. (If so it takes the speculation on what their intentions were to a whole new level) OR were actually evil forces not like us in physical anatomy but appeared so. (In one account I read that apparently someone who confronted one of these beings later looked at security video footage and discovered that the being did not appear on the video) - Link here: www.metatech.org... (Scroll down to the story entitled "BANK BUILDING IN AUSTRALIA")

Again this is all speculation on my part but the story instantly intrigued me to find out more and then to spend a short amount of time coming up with a reply for your OP. For the record I do believe in multiple Extra Terrestrial forces good/bad and also multiple spiritual forces good/bad. I should think that these forces are in action across the universe and possibly beyond if possible.

Edit for spelling, grammar and to add - Well done for not letting them in

Thanks,

-TechUnique

edit on 5-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by K-Raz

Yeah, both me and my dad have it when we get REALLY angry, our eyes go all black. My GF noticed it happens during quality time as well, freaked her a bit when she saw it the first time.

I think it is some kind of flight-or-fight thing, since we both get something like 180 degree field of vision when it happens.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible. Your eyes cannot "go all black" under any circumstances.

If you mean that only your pupils dilate then maybe that is possible during moments of anger or fear but that's not what the eyes of the BEKs are meant to be like. Their entire eyes are said to be black. No whites at all.

My sister says that when I get really ticked off, my eyes go black. I always laughed at her, told her that was ridiculous, couldn't happen. She insisted that it did, and whenever it happened she knew without a doubt that someone was fixing to have a bad day.

I insisted just as strongly that she was imagining things.

Then a photo happened.

This is what I used to look like normally, before I went all incognito:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b711e47ef24.jpg[/atsimg]

Not very pretty,but you work with what you're dealt.

This photo was taken when I was ticked off:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29632ef1f8a2.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, someone besides me had a bad day that day. The pic was taken in infrared, but that shouldn't affect my eyes (normally a fairly light grayish-blue) like that. Ambient light was normal - not a low light level. If lighting had been low, you'd see the IR illuminator spot.

Yup, it happens, but for the life of me I can't figure out why.
edit on 2010/10/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have posted my experience earlier.

I have one question that has not been explained.

Why do these entities ASK PERMISSION ?

Here is the question.

Mungo

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

For the 10000000000th time, the BEKs eyes have NO pupil, No sclera, NO Iris. Complete blackness only, what you're talking about is normal eyes, and this has been said so many times now it's getting ridiculous. Do people not read the entire thread? or pay attention?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
After reading this yesterday, following this thread, and reviewing other accounts, I've reached a conclusion -

BEK's work for the government. In all but one account, BEK's consistently fail to achieve their objective - whether that was to secure a glass of water, a kitten, a ball or a phone call. Add to this their air of confidence, the evil grins, their ability to freak people out, exhibition of vampiric tendencies and the continued insistence of being let into your home - and voila! Government employee.

Seriously though, being on this board we should all be fairly aware of the possibility that there's strange stuff out there. Whether we are skeptics or believers of this strange stuff - the simple consideration is "What If..." and "What would I do (or try) if confronted with xyz...?" That kind of consideration almost serves as training. The odds of a fire breaking out may be minimal, but companies are still required to do fire drills. If something does happen, we don't panic.

I think Oz did the right thing - in dealing with the BEK encounter, by talking to others he trusts and then posting here. Now that a lot more of us are aware of the *possibility* of this phenomenon, we have the opportunity to perhaps take it a bit further. Regardless of the nature of BEK's - human or not - almost all of the encounters with them have followed a nearly identical pattern. The two most important factors are that they communicate and require permission for entry.

Would be interesting if in further encounters to see us asking their names, where they live, who they work for, ask to see their identification - give them the third degree.

Maybe easier said than done. It seems they want us to be scared of them... perhaps it should be the other way around.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

So being a skeptic is valid if it supports your case and redundant if not

I didnt say that. I was merely demonstrating that Im not one of those people that think every unusual thing they see has to be supernatural.

The problem is that you aren't just asking for information are you, you included the word BEK in the title of the thread.

I said that because they were in fact black eyed kids. Wether they were "supernatural beings" or not, they had black eyes? Now you are just trolling

So you've obviously already made up your mind that these were not "normal kids" before you even started the thread

No, Im trying to get other peoples ideas on what they could be. Ive taken in everything that has been said.

As I pointed out before (twice) and you have conveniently ignored (twice) you can buy full eye contacts from the internet for a few hundred dollars, but this sort of information is ignored by you and instead you carry on saying "Theie entire eyes were Black" So what else can anyone say, Human beings do not have entirely black eyes, so I guess you already know the answer to your question if you say it wasn't pupil dilation and you ignore the thing about contacts and you make no room for your own misinterpretation of events

I have addressed that a number of times, and have suggested that yes, that is a logical point. You are seriously just trolling now, and putting words into my mouth...go back and read every single post

If you reject any answers apart from the one you want then your not actually asking a question at all, the question part of the post is just a way of giving yourself a "out" when it's pointed out that the premise of the original post is ridiculous in the extreme

No, but Im ignoring anything you have to say from here on, on this topic

Its clear you have a personal issue with me,judging by the fact that you avoided replying to the two posters who were defending me against your post. Saying anymore to you would be compltetly redundant. Please return back under that stone bridge where trolls belong

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by youngneill

sounds weird and strange ?, what was u smokin again ?:S:S:S , sorry but in ur statement u did to many things a normal person would not do if the door-bell rang at 12 am :S

And are you an expert on what "normal" is? What's normal and by whose standards?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Oz, did you notice the BEKs skin at all? did it look pale and veiny or was it too dark to see? Did you notice anything wrong or normal with the shape of the nose and eyes themselves?

Sometimes, after a paranormal or surreal experience our subconscious will take in all the information, yet we might not remember it right after. Recall can come at a later date. It'll be interesting to observe if you have any "oh yeah!" moments.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join