It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Eyed Kids- Did I just have an BEK experience?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
One thing is for sure, it's good you went with your instinct not to let them in. Robbery or soul sucking, at least you are safe.

As for it just being kids that wanted to find their kitten, the encounter was too odd. When you refused to let them through your house, they could have just said, "can you check for us?" rather than demanding they look.

Whatever they were after, it probably did not stop with you. You should keep a check on local news stories to see if there is anything about home invasions, missing people or murders. If there is a story about home invasions/robberies (and it has some youth element) then you have your answer. Your encounter was not BEKs, just lil criminals. If you read/hear about missing people or murders (that seem odd), then your experience could have been BEKs.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Giday' Oz, mate, crickey, howz it hanging? Whilst some may think this is cods-wallop, I think its fair-dinkum.

Enough of my turd Aus impressions. I live in North Queensland, and have never had any supernatural experiences (except 2, and they are questionable). i think most the BEK's up here die from dengue fever, or Ross river, or malaria or something , from going out at night all the time without aeroguard (a mosquito repellent for those who don't know) on.
'
*whines*Anyway, I want a supernatural experience,

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Unsettling account, actually made me lock my front door! lol

If this was me then I would have called the police due to the fact one of my neighbours thinks it is acceptable to send two children to a strangers house at midnight and ask to ENTER the strangers house...... I'd need to make sure they got home safe and for the cops to explain to the mother what a twit she is.

I'd also ask my direct neighbours if they had the same happen that night as one would assume your gardens join at the fence so the children would have asked neighbours next to and behind you.

I'd also ask if the neighbours know where the children live and go and have a chat with the parents just to let them know their boys were asking to go into your house at midnight and that you are concerned for their safety.

If nothing else, making neighbourhood enquiries will at least let you know if the children are local, if they 'knew' their cat was in your garden then they must live within a few doors around you and behind you.

That doesn't explain his eyes though.

What 'could' they want? If they are not physically violent then one would assume there are accounts of unexplained deaths of lone occupants where no forced entry was recorded. There aren't THAT many if any that I know of. If they do kill violently then why not use that agression to gain access? Why ask?

Presumably death isn't their goal.... so what is?

Weird! I'm looking forward to seeing what you find out from your neighbours..

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I haven't seen any BEKs, but have had so many other freaky and supernatural experiences that I don't dismiss anything off hand anymore. I've been following the BEK stories for over a year now; when I heard about them first, I was totally creeped out just from reading them.

One of my theories is that they are vampire-type entities that probably come from another dimension close to ours -- potentially the same one where Bigfoots, "aliens," the "Mothman" and other weird beings come from.

Recently there were many news stories about NASA and other scientists saying that currently the magnetic field of the Earth is weakening, as well as the heliosphere. What if the magnetic field, when it's strong, is also keeping those entities out? What if, when it's weakening, they can make it through weak spots in increasing numbers?

About six months ago, there was a paranormal investigator (forget his name) on C2C AM. He said he and his team were going to "hotspots" where a lot of paranormal events had been reported -- from alien encounters, to haunted houses, to Bigfoot sightings, etc. First of all, he said that it was odd that these very different occurrences often seemed to happen in the same place. Second, when he checked out the area with a magnetometer, it turned out that the magnetic field in that spot was almost nil. He also said it was like a vortex, like the magnetic energy was going into a hole.

So I could imagine that the BEKs are now having an easier time "crossing over" from their own dimension, which would explain why the accounts didn't start until the 1990s. Remember all the old folk and fairy tales about little people, goblins, leprechauns, etc.? Several centuries ago, people seemed to encounter beings like that on an almost daily basis. What if those aren't fairy tales? What if the magnetic field was weak back then too, and those beings could cross over into our dimension more easily? That might also explain why we hear more and more about UFO sightings, Bigfoot encounters (even in places like Pennsylvania), and such. We're losing our protective shield.

What are the BEKs? Judging by their behavior, I'd say they're definitely not human and are obviously not used to dealing with humans, hence the rather awkward behavior and weird excuses to come into your house.

What will they do once they're in your house? They could drink your blood like vampires or tear you apart -- but then, shouldn't we have heard news stories about gruesome homicides like that?

Maybe they'll just make you disappear (take you back into their own dimension and finish you off there?), which would be less conspicuous.

Or they could "suck out your soul," which might to outsiders just look like a heart attack and also not very conspicuous.

Or they could be the entities that are behind all those cattle (and human) mutilations -- where animals and homeless people are basically "cored" (their anus cut out) and shredded with almost surgical precision. (Would fit, because the farm animals that happened to were outside at night, and obviously they wouldn't have to ask homeless people if they can come in...)

Or maybe they are demonic beings and possess the people who invite them in, and those people later make the headlines as manic shooters, crazed killers, etc.

Of course I don't really KNOW, but I find it interesting to speculate about these things. Anyone else any theories what they could be and what exactly they do/want?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hmm seems I'm wrong, if one Google searches for "unexplained death no forced entry" a few come up... in the UK anyway.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Unfortunately young kids do get messed up check out Children Underground is sad, also you used to be able to kick the street lights out around here not tried in awhile but they are still the same so guess it still works (concrete with little stones stuck in it *sorry for the lame description but I have no idea what the stuff is called* and the metal plate in the middle of the post near the bottom, kick the plate and presto no lights) Im pretty sure they turned back on after a minute or two though.

An experiment for the low light level people,
you will need 2 people
wait till night
one person stand out side the door the other inside
no out side lights on just the inside hall/entrance area
what can you see from the light shining out your door?

No one opens a door to someone at night with all the lights off.

And a question why do people have such difficulty separating a whole black eye from a dilated pupil (no colour only black and white)?

First post woooo, not got any strange happenings well one but we will see if I make it to 20 posts before going in to it *spoiler* it's most likely a trick of the light.

Edit - can we say for certain when the earliest BEK story was?

edit on 4-10-2010 by aivlas because: added 2nd question

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Someone mentioned dilated pupils as the potential cause and another suggested it wasn't dilation because the eyes would be entirely black.. sclera and all..

My issue with this is that the OP didn't notice the eyes right off, not until later did he suspect they may be.. if the entire eye, sclera and all were black, you'd sure notice it ASAP .. even in low light.. I would known, I own a few sclera lenses and even at night walking outside with nothing but the light of the moon, people notice it quick..

If you can see the skin on their face you'll spot the white in their eyes ( it's lighter than skin after all ) .. which is what makes the effect of sclera lenses so powerful .. ( I do work with makeup / visual effects on a seasonal basis ) ..

I'm not saying the OP's experience didn't happen, I'm just suggesting that the idea that it could be pupil dilation has merit to me and the full black eye is something I have deep reservations about simply because the moment the door opened and their faces were visible, the eyes would definitely have been spotted and any normal person would have immediately reacted..

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

You pretty well say what I was suggesting in regard to the eyes.. but I read it only after I posted
.. I seriously suspect that had someone opened the door and saw truly black eyes, sclera and all .. they'd be alarmed instantly by it because it's quite dramatic ..

Low light, black sclera lense

(i.ytimg.com...)

This just shows the contrast of a normal eye vs. a black sclera..

(i.ytimg.com...)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatusI have deep reservations about simply because the moment the door opened and their faces were visible, the eyes would definitely have been spotted and any normal person would have immediately reacted..

Not necessarily I really can't stand looking in to peoples eyes freaks me out and I try and avoid it, I can't say what I would do in that situation but I doubt looking at the little freaks eyes would be my top priority especially when getting ready to sleep, quick glance then a firm f off and then shut door in there face.

edit on 4-10-2010 by aivlas because: added actions

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Another thing I remember is that there was ONE person who did let them in, but then got so scared that he locked himself into another room until they were gone. He wrote that when he asked the BEKs what they wanted from him, they answered that they were "sent to collect him." Now, whatever that means, it doesn't sound good to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In the reports of BEKs, they almost invariably disappear in a most unconventional manner.
Kids and people in general aren't there one minute and gone the next. There is much more high strangeness to this phenomenon than meets the eye. Of course there are real life humans tricking others but there are just to many similar reports for all these events to be treated as hoaxes or ordinary human interaction.

Our science is just to primitive to even begin to conceptualize the cosmos. In the grand scheme of things human kind, hasn't even started kindergarten yet. But in our homo/ethnocentrism we feel so wise and knowing. Indigenous shaman and psychedelic explores have a far better understanding of things unseen mysteries than any MI, Harvard or Caltech phd.

edit on 4-10-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Oz,

G'Day mate,

Giz my kitten back before mother throws my a**e on the barbi!

Seriously, that's a weird situation you had there, I'd never heard of BEK's before this thread (I presume that means the whole eye is black and not just the pupil). If they were indeed some sort of being or whatever, I wonder what it was they had in store for you.

Over here in the UK, a kid demanding to come into your house at anytime of the day would have resulted in a large size 10 up their behind!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
OK going with the flow here and trying to think why people don't notice the eyes until the end of the 'meetings'.... IF they are not human then one presumes they can shape shift and change their apperance.... presumably whatever it is they 'do' involves the eyes so the first thing (once they sense a fracture in the humans composure) to revert back to normal would be their eyes.
Perhaps they are not eyes?
Perhaps if the whole illusion of human teen were to go then all you'd be left with is a shadow or dark void.... ?

What was that Dr Who episode? Vashta Nerada?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by davespanners

Dilated pupils the size of the entire eye?

Thats quite extreme...is that even possible?

NO! Dilation effects only the pupils, more directly, the cornea. Something to do with stimulating the cornea in direct reflect of the retina~ Mom's an opthamologist, didn't get the full logistics of the medical "lingo", but thats the basic point
edit on 4-10-2010 by SurefireII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is a "weird " experience to say the least. But I do have to laugh at those who actually in trust themselves to obtain in their eyes " Facts" from wikipedia?!
If your gonna submit pictures or evidence, atleast try not to copy and paste "opinion" from Wikipedia~

Some people are just dumb!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Over here in the UK, a kid demanding to come into your house at anytime of the day would have resulted in a large size 10 up their behind!

CHAVs are far more dangerous than BEKs. I wouldn't open my door in the UK without a baseball bat!

IRM

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Looking through the other threads and saw this

Originally posted by skjalddis
I think that the contact lenses theory is a red herring. When kids find some new kind of craze other kids invariably get to know about it - human nature compels people to share 'cool' ideas, it's something to brag about and give your friends a laugh, otherwise there's little point in doing it - I doubt it would take long for it to become common knowledge if kids were hanging around scaring people with freaky contact lenses. Also, from the descriptions there are here, these kids don't sound like goths.

Much better put than how I was trying to put it.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Interesting story my friend.

I must assume your role now and play skeptic, you have not had many yet.

I find this entire thread a fascinating look into board dynamics.

A popular skeptic poster (self admittedly) posts a vague encounter and then comes straight to ATS to post about it. (I would have too!)

And based solely off an on board reputation we have yet to see the same skeptic skewering we see him give to others.

Well I am not into skewering people, but no one has brought up witness testimony yet.

We all know ten people can witness a scene and we get ten completly differnt tales.

Couple our poor memories with no light at midnight and we have a scene ripe for our overactive imagination to fill in the gaps.

As an ats poster you obviously have heard of the BEKs before this happened. At midnight, it is late, ready for sleep, alone, dark already the setting is full of reasons for your imagination to run wild.

A knock on the door at midnight, and you answered it? Instead of hollering through the door go away scum or I will call the police? (what no one else answers the door like that? I do)

Any time someone questions you on the eye deal (full or iris) you quite defensively declar it was full eye.

For one thing you cannot declare that because of the darkness you have no idea if it was full eye or not.

But the defensive and forceful defense only comes AFTER the OP which was much less certain that the eyes were fullblack.

Yet we have you claiming definitively both kids had black eyes yet one was not even on the porch!

It is near Halloween time, I know I have been filling up on the creepy movies and stories as I always do in October.

So this is an interesting tale.

As far as your vibes you got, well, I get vibes too, when I know I am nearing the truth, and I get vibes on the chemtrail topic.

Are we expected to believe your story straight up and take your word and vibes for this, when you do not ofer the same in other situations?

We have to it is in Skunkworks.

But here is my determination. A combination of fear, darkness and previous headfilling of ATS topics, along with the faulty witness memory syndrome lead me to conclude this was either a figment of your imagination (maybe it was a lucid dream, you did say you were watching movies readying for bed...maybe you dozed off and this was all a dream, plausible, very) or greatly exaggerated in your mind due to a combination of fear and lateness of the night.

Or there really were to demon kids at your door trying to harvest your soul!!!

I hope my skepticism is up to your standards, Captain!

Over and out!!

Thanks for having the guts to post this, Oz.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Who opens a door a night without adequate lighting to see who is outside even if it's just the light from inside illuminating the porch, sounds like a good way to get robbed.

Another question do most security monitors have a way to record or are they mainly just watch?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've never come across this phenomena in all my years of research into strange phenomena, apart from greys and stuff on TV.
I've had my own share of extremely odd encounters and phenomena, so I don't see any reason why your experience should be any less valid than mine.
I immediately went on a search for similar experiences to yours, and found quite a few.

Here's a quote I came across where the guy actually let the kids in his house.
I obviously have no idea as to the validity of the claim........, but who am I to judge?

file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Me.MINE-AE0F79B345/desktop/BEKs/Awesome%20or%20Off-Putting%20Black%20Eyed%20Kids%20%20Hecklerspray.mht

Quote.

'I have read many accounts of these black eyed kids but i dont think any really come close to what happened to me when i let two into my house. Some people think that if you let them in that the will kill you, obiviously i can say this is not true.

this is what happened, i was sitting in my bedroom at home when i heared a knock on the door, it was not too late so i didnt hesitate opening the door to whoever it was. when i opened it there was two children standing there, both were looking at the floor. “yes ” i said, the taller one asked if they could come in as they were lost and the other boy needed the toilet. I live in an area where it is very easy to get lost, so i just ashumed that they were telling the truth and was looking down because they were shy, even though the one talking, spoke very confidently. so i let them in, the one who needed the tolitet just walked in and straight up the stairs so i shouted up its on the right, i dont know why i didnt find this strange but most toilets are upstairs and as he was young i didnt think anything of it.

i told the other one that the phone was down the hall, “thanks” he said and he started to walk down the hall, i followed him and then i suddenly came over with a really awfull feeling like something bad was going to happen, i became very nervious and a bit shakey i still cant explain how that happened, the boy stopped at the phone and paused, “everythink ok?” i asked, he turned to me and looked up and thats when i saw his eyes, and trust me i will never get that picture out of my head, i was so scared that i couldnt even scream as i turned to run down the hall the other kid was standing at the end.

i became very dizzy and stuggled to stand up, he walk closer to me and said that they had been sent to collect me, i still couldnt bear to look into his face, i pushed away from him and ran into my frontroom and slammed the door shut, i was in so much shock about what was happening i couldnt think straight, this is something that you dont even expect to happen even in movies. after standing against the door for around and hour or so i finaling got the courage to make a run for the back door, so i ran to it and unlocked it, i ran to the back of my garden and jumped over the fence not once looking back.

my friend lived close so i ran to his house, i told him the story and as i guessed he was a bit sceptic about what i had said. i convinced him to come back with me, when we got there we looked around the whole house but couldnt find them. ever since this happened i always have a dream that this kids with the black eyes stand over my bed with there hands streching to me, i hope to god that i never see these again.'

Hope I haven't violated any T&C, or copyrights here, or this hasn't been posted already as I'm still reading through the thread and am eager to get this posted before I lose it somewhere.
If so, please delete as appropriate.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join