It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was North America mapped in 1154

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

READ - Gavin Menzies 1421 The year China Discovered the World.

www.1421.tv

read this in 2004, one of the first things that got me thinking about the fake history we all learn.

Did you look at his references closely? Another scholar did, and found that he mislabled things and reworked contexts to prove his point: www.hallofmaat.com...

I am doing a piece for my Radio Show on Doc Redouski who discovered an Iberian style ship off the coast of Roatan which was dated to around1250 using the sealed olive jars which were carbon dated (found in the hull). When he contacted the Smithsonian Institute in the 1970's and had the dating done, his permits were pulled and they ensured he did not get to go back or recover any of the jars proving European or Middle East traders were visiting America hundreds of years before we supposedly DISCOVERED America!

Can you point to some bio links on this guy? I can't find him on Google (I was going to see what he had his PhD in.)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
And here's the infamous Vinland map. Made with details from old Norse sailors' measurments.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16e5cb1ecd3f.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: Vinland Map Wikimedia

Marillion Map of the World -- Great song!
edit on 5/10/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: Added links

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
And here's the infamous Vinland map. Made with details from old Norse sailors' measurments.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16e5cb1ecd3f.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: Vinland Map Wikimedia

Marillion Map of the World -- Great song!
edit on 5/10/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: Added links

You'll note that in the self-same wiki entry, Yale...owners of the map, give the following comment:

As controversy has swirled around the map almost since its acquisition, authorities at Yale University have chosen not to comment on the authenticity of the parchment document, other than to say they watch the debate with unusual interest. "We regard ourselves as the custodians of an extremely interesting and controversial document," said Yale librarian Alice Prochaska in 2002, "and we watch the scholarly work on it with great interest en.wikipedia.org...

It does behoove one to give the whole story. Good tune, though...big Marillion fan here. Dontcha miss Fish?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

It does behoove one to give the whole story. Good tune, though...big Marillion fan here. Dontcha miss Fish?

Fish is in our memory, and these guys know what they own. This one may not be accurate, other than in the Med, and a downscaled Greeeeeenland, though, damn that's a good song, gonna play it again. Who is "she" anyway....

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Who is "she" anyway....

Some nobody...

Alice Prochaska has been elected as Principal of Somerville College, Oxford, effective from 1 September 2010, in succession to Dame Fiona Caldicott.
She studied at Somerville College and received her undergraduate degree and DPhil in Modern History from the University of Oxford. She is joining Somerville from Yale University, where she has been University Librarian since August 2001. She has an extensive career in research and academic administration and was Director of Special Collections at the British Library from 1992 to 2001. www.ox.ac.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I always thought she was me, although, I'm a MAN(?) These stars hide in badly hidden sheets of Kadron and among Saron's black sheeps

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I always thought she was me, although, I'm a MAN(?) These stars hide in badly hidden sheets of Kadron and among Saron's black sheeps

Translate to English, please.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well, I guess you should need to understand what we discuss. These peoples I mentioned in my post are quite Biblish, and unless you know their stories, I would never even bother discuss biblical details with you. Sorry. Would you eat rocks if I told you they were bread?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Well, I guess you should need to understand what we discuss. These peoples I mentioned in my post are quite Biblish, and unless you know their stories, I would never even bother discuss biblical details with you. Sorry. Would you eat rocks if I told you they were bread?

No, actually...which is why I challenge what you are telling us if I disagree with your conclusions. The basic tenet of this site is 'deny ignorance'. And if one does not understand my references, I make every effort to explain myself...not "baffle them with bull#", as our fine Anglo-Saxon colloquialisms say.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Sorry, I have no idea what I was thinking in that last reply. It looks like a reply that has somehow come into the wrong thread. Please ignore it alltogether, and sorry for the tone inwhich I wrote it. I mostly post in CiR, so probably this was intended to be a reply in one of the Religion threads. The names are referances to a place and a person in the OT. Sorry for the inconveniance, dude.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Sorry, I have no idea what I was thinking in that last reply. It looks like a reply that has somehow come into the wrong thread. Please ignore it alltogether, and sorry for the tone inwhich I wrote it. I mostly post in CiR, so probably this was intended to be a reply in one of the Religion threads. The names are referances to a place and a person in the OT. Sorry for the inconveniance, dude.

No problem...did it myself recently, right?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

LOL. I had prolly just been drinking too much beer again. I actually have made a poster right infront of me here at my desk saying "Don't drink and discuss online!" Unfortunately, my vision gets rather blurred when I've had a few too many, and I often end up writing complete gibberish, believing I have made some good points, but all the letters are mixed up, so when I go online again to check for replies, I can't understand a bloody thing of what I have been writing. I call it "Tastatourettes" and I get it when I am "key-bored"

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e968023900bd.jpg[/atsimg]

The oldest original cartographic artifact in the Library of Congress: a nautical chart of the Mediterranean Sea. Second quarter of the 14th century.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

The picture above is a fourteenth century map of the Mediterranean, made with triangulation using the tools available in the fourteenth century. As you can see the map is quite accurate and almost looks like more modern maps based on satellite- and air-photos (adjusted the contrast a little in the scaled down picture, you can find a hi-res version in the Wikipedia article).
edit on 7/10/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: edited in from "accurate..." onwards

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

So who is "Doc Redouski "? I tried googling them and came up with nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I honestly have no idea. Should I know who he is? Can't say I have mentioned him. Only hit I received was from the reply to someone earlier in this thread this thread.Perhaps the guy who calls himself "theregonnakillme" has a better idea.... Looks like Redouski isnot the correct spelling. Try "Redowskij+Iberia" or similar...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
One of my several ancient ancestors was named MADOC, a Welsh Prince, married to a daughter of an old Templar, used an ancient map the Templar's had in their family, to get to our Country, America. He was one of 17 children. The Mandan Indians sprang from him.
The water looks to have covered the once areas of inland sea and marshes. I live very near to these desert areas...I have treasured hunted these areas, and I can tell you, that when there, I am on an ancient sea bed. There was a disaster, according to the ancient Natives, telling the stories of a time, when all the inland seas suddenly vanished, leaving marsh lands, which are now our deserts.
Azothean

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/986d7e8ae8e5.jpg[/atsimg]
The world as it was known to the Hebrews in Biblical times. As far as I can see it is based on the geographical citations given by Josephus, the Jewish Roman who wrote the Antiquities of the Jews. It's a rather modern map, but the lands have been distributed according to the Bible's genealogies in Genesis after the Flood.
edit on 17/10/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: Right click and choose "Show image in new tab" or similar to see the whole image

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't really see all that many similarities (especially in the first one..), but I am interesed in the topic, so I'm inclined to not dismis it right away. I know I read in some book once that there was a guy that mapped, like, the whole of the antarctic coastline before anyone even knew it was there. I've since moved and the book is probably in a box somewhere, but I'll try to find it later and see if I can't find that part...

Great find, though, the chinese one looks cool...
edit on 10/28/2010 by SFlowers because: so that I wasn't WAY off topic...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is one of my areas of passion, and (just my opinion) the sheer weight of available data (maps of proven origin, trans-Atlantic similarities in ancient languages, pottery styles, architecture; ancient Templar presence, the Viking presence, possible African presence in S. America, etc., ad infinitum) merits serious study by the brightest available minds. Thanx for the thread, I'd never seen that particular map! ATS is the best!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't believe that. But I remember reading somewhere about the Vikings (?) or some other people reaching America before Columbus did. I forget where though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join