It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was North America mapped in 1154

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
reply to post by Quadrivium

It's not taken seriously because there is a "set" history we're supposed to know. Anything that ever contradicts popular belief, no matter how much evidence there is to support it, is considered wrong and ignorant.

Why then has science accepted that the First Nations are not of the Lost Tribes of Israel, that they did actually construct the Mississippi mounds, that the Vikings got here before Columbus, that paleoindians got here before...what..12.5 kya?

All of these former commonly held notions were upset by proof.

That is the standard required. Anything else just contributes to an idiocracy. Playing 'what if' is the first step towards changing the paradigm...but in and of itself, it is nothing.

So, that makes you wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Yes as posted earlier its Africa with the Mediterranean sea but the way it looks it was an easy mistake to make although most people think the vikings made it to North America.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

READ - Gavin Menzies 1421 The year China Discovered the World.

www.1421.tv

read this in 2004, one of the first things that got me thinking about the fake history we all learn.

I am doing a piece for my Radio Show on Doc Redouski who discovered an Iberian style ship off the coast of Roatan which was dated to around1250 using the sealed olive jars which were carbon dated (found in the hull). When he contacted the Smithsonian Institute in the 1970's and had the dating done, his permits were pulled and they ensured he did not get to go back or recover any of the jars proving European or Middle East traders were visiting America hundreds of years before we supposedly DISCOVERED America!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well it's now genetically proven that what people with common sense have been saying for a long time now is legit. That being Native Americans were of Asian ancestry. It doesn't take too much of a leap in logic to realize that the travelers probably made trips to and from, not just one way. So I can totally accept the Chinese map as possibly being legit. I was always really confused as a child when hearing that Columbus discovered America. It just seemed to be not only an outright lie, but one with a powerful agenda. When I heard of the concept of manifest destiny in class, I went into a fit and got suspended for fiercely debating the concept with a teacher. Think for yourself, guys.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme

READ - Gavin Menzies 1421 The year China Discovered the World.

www.1421.tv

read this in 2004, one of the first things that got me thinking about the fake history we all learn.

Well then, you might like to read the following piece about 1421:
www.hallofmaat.com...

...that is, of course, if you allow rebuttals on your reading list.

I am doing a piece for my Radio Show on Doc Redouski who discovered an Iberian style ship off the coast of Roatan which was dated to around1250 using the sealed olive jars which were carbon dated (found in the hull). When he contacted the Smithsonian Institute in the 1970's and had the dating done, his permits were pulled and they ensured he did not get to go back or recover any of the jars proving European or Middle East traders were visiting America hundreds of years before we supposedly DISCOVERED America!

You do recall that we have evidence of the Norse here circa AD 1000, right? As to the case you cite, I'd be interested in hearing more. Can you provide your sources to us?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Thanks for the links, very interesting indeed!

We can argue and deny all we want, but truth is, there will always be some unknown secret to mankind's amazing quality to explore and adventure into what seems an almost sure death!
we are more than the sum of our parts.

we will know, when museums finally show all the weird things they keep in dark vaults...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
No, because there is no landmass north of N. America

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The dating provides the age of the paper. The ink was not dated.

OK, so after the paper was confirmed to be as old as the map itself says it was, then naturally since the ink wasn't tested, it's a fake? Some reasoning. As far as we know this map+ is genuine, allthough it does look kinda peculiar. Almost looks too good to be true, I get that.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
What an amazing collection of maps. I'm fascinated at the locations of Gog and Magog on the first map,

There's a lot more of them out there, and more will come as the cavemen working in or for old libraries and collections of many sorts reveil what they actually have in store and put them out on the net. Biggest problem with today's scientific community, is that it is so restricted and closed. I honestly believe they are in fear of their own possessions of knowledge. As for God and Magog, yeah, me too, it's placed way north in the Sibiria, Russia. I find that hard to believe. Most other maps, though many are naturally based on Josephus who is quite consise, place it in Georgia/Armenia in the Caucasus. However, I feel most of these have it all wrong, since in my understanding, firstly, Gog is a person, and namely the endtime king of Magog, secondly, the Gog/Magog thing is a bloody riddle. Litterally speaking. Georgia was the first Christian nation in history, showing their fear and remorse for their God-given destiny. Their Cardinal Saint is George the Dragonslayer, the same as England. Find a map over England and I say No More. As if the Briton said: "Cummon chaps! Let's scale down this terrible situation!"

and the Chinese map has me very interested in learning more about how these maps might have been drawn, and just how it is that these people were able to produce such accurate details when we supposedly didn't have the "technology".

Triangulating and good and sound mapping techniques were available, the rest depends on how many good men and how far you can go, and in the end everything must match in the paste-up. But impressing, yah!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by witness63

I excluded this by choice. Being a Shemite viking of Jarl's tribe by choice and understanding, I keep our tressures close to my chest
No, I'm joking. I simply just forgot it or thought it would be too well known.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

No the map is real

The map created in 1763 is evidently real, but is its purported source? That supposed to have been created in 1418?

If you have evidence or further information on this, then please post it - otherwise your assertion is pointless.

peace
J

Back then, copying a map was extremely expensive, that's one thing, but the other thing is that in a nation like China there would be a whole staff continually restoring old state documents. If a chart needed to be restored, they would copy it, and then toss away the original. When did ever the Chinese bother to look at any copyright notice. Besides, today there wouldn't possibly have been anything left of it. Paper may have been invented in china, but Chinese paper is still the worst there is. Wouldn't use it for soles in my shoes even.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Yes as posted earlier its Africa with the Mediterranean sea but the way it looks it was an easy mistake to make although most people think the vikings made it to North America.

Indeed, we travelled to America. Only, we were actually nice to the people living there. We never came to invade. However, most of our people went back to Greenland at some point because the milk the cows we brought provided, made the indigenous people sick litterally to their stomacs. But some of the people in the expeditions went "missing", probably lost in love. That was the Norse way. The Norse favored women who would bring boys, so by natural selection there were too few girls born back home and daughters were given away, often to enemies, as politcal or diplomatic moves, resulting in too few future wives back home, it's even part of the secret behind why we have so many "fair ladies" up here. That's the real reason why we went to America, Russia, Africa, and the Medeterranian and Black seas and so on, and traded with people along the Silky Road, Indias and Persia. We have found so many strange artifacts in our tombs, and to be honest the so called Vikings were quite posh when it came to cloathes and pearls.

edit on 4/10/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

We know that now. Being a Norwegian I do know a thing or two about the "floating continent". The map would have been made for badass lifethreatening traveling and for navigation IF it is supposed to be a hidden message coded into it, that it is a deliberate "hybrid continental map". The chinese obviously went to North America, Indians carry (or more carried *weep*) just about 50/50 Asian/North European DNA. South America is about 50/50 East Asian islanders / Africans. The ones in the middle went over with Columbus and destroyed all that as good as they could. Why I have no sympathy for whether USA is or isnot, shouldn't baffle anyone really. Great money though, and all the things they devellop using them of course. Too bad the Chinese are the ones building it and sits with all the dollars though. Kinda stupid really.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And a completely different thing. IF this map is supposed to show North America in addition to the obvious, looking at the map. Has anyone heared about Hudson Bay ever having been crossable by a divide of some sort, or for that matter an ancient tidal plant
))))

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
ok , here is the translated map , but im not sure if its going to fit the page so please , i need some help here.

now this map is of asia europe and africa , thats when you flip it , i have flipped it and its going to be easy for everyone to see it in the right way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/943f6fbebb96.jpg[/atsimg]

i have only translated the most important names.

can someone please tell me how to add the scroll bar

reply to post by Dr UAE

What are all those islands along the westcoast of Spain and France? Where is England? Was the Kanal dry? May the Gog and Magog may be a remnant of "future whispers" from through the grape-vines, showing that "future" nuclear testing and perhaps even the possible weapon behind the "Norwayspiralen", is not good for us, and may be what whill eventually ignite "Judgement day"
edit on 4/10/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: take #2

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Back then, copying a map was extremely expensive, that's one thing, but the other thing is that in a nation like China there would be a whole staff continually restoring old state documents. If a chart needed to be restored, they would copy it, and then toss away the original. When did ever the Chinese bother to look at any copyright notice. Besides, today there wouldn't possibly have been anything left of it. Paper may have been invented in china, but Chinese paper is still the worst there is. Wouldn't use it for soles in my shoes even.

You'd probably do well to look into a subject before you begin pontificating on it:

The earliest known maps to have survived in China date to the 4th century BCE.[17] In 1986, seven ancient Chinese maps were found in an archeological excavation of a Qin State tomb in what is now Fangmatian, Dangchuan Xian, in the vicinity of Tianshui City, Gansu province.[17] Before this find, the earliest extant maps that were known came from the Mawangdui excavation in 1973, which found three maps on silk dated to the 2nd century BCE in the early Han Dynasty.[17][18] The 4th century BCE maps from the State of Qin were drawn with black ink on wooden blocks.[19] These blocks fortunately survived in soaking conditions due to underground water that had seeped into the tomb; the quality of the wood had much to do with their survival.[19] After two years of slow-drying techniques, the maps were fully restored.[19]

Source: Wiki

This map was created in China in 1389.

And this star chart was drawn in China in the 7th centurty AD.

So, no, they didn't make copies and then "throw away" the original.

There is not one whit of evidence that the Chinese crossed the Pacific. Not one.

Even the Chinese tales about the captain that Menzies claims did this don't jibe with reality on a multitude of points.

On top of that, IIRC, the map was shown to be, if not a complete hoax, not what was claimed.

I can't remember where I read about it, but if you know google, you can find this info.

Harte

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96279b12a34d.jpg[/atsimg]
This seems to be the correct way to view it, resting on the curving of the Earth and the way the ships and written text is oriented....

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You can see the text right there on the map.

It is not written at your angle.

Harte

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The longest chunk, yes, but that is probably written along that baseline to make it simpler to read. All the other chunks of text is written as it they follow the curving of the Earth.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
[
What are all those islands along the westcoast of Spain and France? Where is England? Was the Kanal dry?

I think those islands are just a vague representation of groups known by reputation, like the Azores and Canaries and even the Hebrides.
They're in a line partly because he doesn't know exactly where they are, and partly because he's anxious to keep the whole land-mass as close as he can get to a circular shape (which is one reason for the east-projecting shape of Africa).
I think England is the triangular island just north of what looks like Brittany.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join