It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Feds radiating Americans'? Mobile X-ray vans hit US streets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

'Feds radiating Americans'? Mobile X-ray vans hit US streets

Atlanta – For many living in a terror-spooked country, it might seem like a great government innovation: Use vans equipped with mobile X-ray units to scan vehicles at major sporting events, or even randomly, for bombs or contraband.

But news that the US is buying custom-made vans packed with something called backscatter X-ray capacity has riled privacy advocates and sparked internet worries about "feds radiating Americans."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yahoo mobile X-ray

edit on Sun Oct 3 2010 by Jbird because: added link

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
what a total crock! because we have so many car bombs going off in our local farmers markets and at crowded tailgate parties thankfully they are doing something to keep us safe

what a waste of tax money.

I cant think of any other reason to implement these mobile X-ray scanners other than just another method of control. LOL they are looking for bodies and bombs I feel much safer already

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10/2/2010 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I Don't really know what to think of this one. The idea behind them might be sound, but I also see the mobile device as a risk its self. I guess for the time this will be a wait and see approach.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you knew what the terrorists are planning and doing then you would know why this is in place..... Get ready because they WILL strike again.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
this is complete total bs!

for one, theyre wasting all our tax dollars on something we dont need! two, this isnt going to stop any terrorist attack, because our federal government conducts their own attacks on their own citizens!

wow, talk about having your head up your ass. is our country completely dumbed down?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
These systems are great...Lets stop the criminals from being able to hide inside of tinted windowed cars like they do every single day...Are you a criminal? Do you have anything to hide? I am so amazed at everyone that will make law enforcement jump through a million hoops simply because they have the "right" to. How about just letting the cop search your car if they want to and let you go...It takes a few minutes if you cooperate...I know several police that dont abuse their power...Bottom line if you have nothing to hide you dont need to worry...Police never bother me...Oh and about the health effects here ya go....

A lot of folks are commenting on the health effects of this kind of x-ray technology. As a security and privacy writer, I’ve focused on the potential privacy risks of AS&E’s technology. But for fairness’s sake, I wanted to offer AS&E’s defense on the health front. The company’s vice president of marketing Joe Reiss told me in an interview that any dosage received by a human from these backscatter vans would be “exceedingly small,” far smaller than a medical x-ray. He says that the vans’ dosage falls well within the health standards set by American National Standards Institute, and AS&E’s marketing materials say that the scan’s x-ray levels are equivalent to the dosage received in fifteen minutes inside a typical airplane.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I wonder what got this to pass as an idea with public support? Oh yeah, that time square car with a bunch of explosives in it that could never have gone off. Save the women and children, any car could blow us up now!

What's will they try to do next?
Install X-ray stations before every bridge and parking garage?
Will they have the media hype a story about someone creating a nuke in their own home that would have gone off if the Feds didn't bust in and defuse it at the last second to save us all? So now we all have to submit to having our homes searched randomly once a month just in case we are all secret terrorist sleeper cells developing nuclear weapons in our spare time.

No more Rights for you.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusion987
...Bottom line if you have nothing to hide you dont need to worry...Police never bother me...

When Glorious nationalist is take power in America, he will round up your kind for helping destroy the Republic.

I will not protest.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

These systems are great...Lets stop the criminals from being able to hide inside of tinted windowed cars like they do every single day...Are you a criminal? Do you have anything to hide? I am so amazed at everyone that will make law enforcement jump through a million hoops simply because they have the "right" to. How about just letting the cop search your car if they want to and let you go...It takes a few minutes if you cooperate...I know several police that dont abuse their power...Bottom line if you have nothing to hide you dont need to worry...Police never bother me...Oh and about the health effects here ya go....

A lot of folks are commenting on the health effects of this kind of x-ray technology. As a security and privacy writer, I’ve focused on the potential privacy risks of AS&E’s technology. But for fairness’s sake, I wanted to offer AS&E’s defense on the health front. The company’s vice president of marketing Joe Reiss told me in an interview that any dosage received by a human from these backscatter vans would be “exceedingly small,” far smaller than a medical x-ray. He says that the vans’ dosage falls well within the health standards set by American National Standards Institute, and AS&E’s marketing materials say that the scan’s x-ray levels are equivalent to the dosage received in fifteen minutes inside a typical airplane.

The world has far more to fear from the likes of you than it does from the terrorists. Police never bother you? Are you part of the security industry?
Of course the guy making the machines is going to say thay are safe! He's making a killing from selling an unnecessary product that you and I are going to be paying for through yet more taxes.

edit on 2/10/10 by Bagatell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by illusion987

Yeah, well I don't fly and if it comes to Canada, there will be some massively chewed out cops, investigators, and politicians until they hang their heads and slink away.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
All this disent of the truth is saddening but before I shed any tears I will not comply to ignorance.
Yes of course this story is true and those that say it is not are either ignorant of the facts or are Stooges and Trolls that the CIA uses to debunk such truths.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
If you knew what the terrorists are planning and doing then you would know why this is in place..... Get ready because they WILL strike again.

Who are the terrorists - AL CIA EDA

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

These systems are great...Lets stop the criminals from being able to hide inside of tinted windowed cars like they do every single day...Are you a criminal? Do you have anything to hide? I am so amazed at everyone that will make law enforcement jump through a million hoops simply because they have the "right" to. How about just letting the cop search your car if they want to and let you go...It takes a few minutes if you cooperate...I know several police that dont abuse their power...Bottom line if you have nothing to hide you dont need to worry...Police never bother me...Oh and about the health effects here ya go...

I could almost agree with you, although criminals dont all drive cars with tinted windows they usually steal cars to commit crimes with and not suspicious ones with tinted windows just having tint is a reason to get pulled over.

"Are you a criminal? Do you have anything to hide? How about just letting the cop search your car if they want to and let you go...It takes a few minutes if you cooperate".

these statements are just silly have you heard of probable cause?

great replies everybody some made me laugh in a good way, although sad and unbelievable how our constitution is being forgotten.

edit on 10/2/2010 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I dont see a link?
Can you please post it.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They spend $10,000,000 on preemption and might save 2 lives, all while invading our privacy, or they could spend $1,000,000 on something for the public welfare and save 200.

America the great.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

First stage of the decline is paranoia..

Yes I'm talking about the decline of empires, this is the first stage.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Tell me.. what is a terrorist to you?
if you think beards and turbans and suicide bombs you have been completely brainwashed im afriad

yes it does happen, but i must say there is a vast amount of islamophobia going on.
a terrorist is someone that instills terror within a nation, so you may say they are the terrorists, but they are a tiny part of it. Who controlls and provokes these people? The government ofcourse. would there be any terrorists if the governments were trying to syphon resorces out of each other?
Pay attention to the "news" how much bad news do you hear in a day? how many fearmongering campaigns are you exposed too?
we are so desensitized to the concept, and now this?
we are being scanned on the streets? because some guy wearing a turban is going to bomb us?
this is getting ridicuolous, more and more methods of control. it may not even work on some people because they are so used to this bs.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Got to search first man. I started a thread linked to this same story two days ago...

LINK TO THREAD

edit on 3-10-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

No they are not the CIA/FBI/DEA/ or any other branch of US GOV'T.......

Islamic extremists..... believe it or not but they ARE out there and we have been at war with THEM for the last 10 years or so.... We are not at war with our own government agencies...

And the whole reason you people say that the terrorists are the CIA is because we funded the Taliban during the cold war... The reason we did was as long as Russia lost we were happy, so we showed them not to defeat a larger army but to harrass them with guerilla tactics untill they gave up and left. And we also supplied the Taliban with weapons...

edit on 3-10-2010 by Reign02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

reguardless of your beliefs 90% of the terrorists that like to blow themselves up and kill innocent people ARE ISLAMIC..... I don't know what cloud you have been living on but you need to come back down to Earth bud.... The extremists are NOT ALL MUSLIMS, I know this (I have spent a lot of time in Afghanistan and Iraq). But these are the people that strap bombs to little kids and tell them to go get some candy from the Americans and then...... BOOM!! I have seen them do this and I have also seen them use women a suicide bombers.... You are living in a world of fantasy my friend and it is you that is brainwashed. They want to cut your head off just as bad as any soldier on the battlefield. To them if you are not islamic you are as good as dead. These people are not peaceful like the rest of muslims.... People like you absolutley KILL me and make me so damn angry because you think you know everything yet all you know of the war is what is on the NEWS and what propaganda is posted on the internet. I am in the USAF and have been for around 10 years. I have been to both Iraq and Afghanistan, I have been involved in lots of missions in these countries throughout the years and I can tell you that the people of these countries like us. The Taliban is loosing it's grip over Afghanistan and the insurgents have already lost their fight in Iraq.

Please don't preach when you are just saying what you stole from the internet and from other people on this propaganda board that is ALWAYS AGAINST WAR even if that means that if we stop these wars they WILL hit us on our homelands... You fools never get it and never will get it. Your ignorance and lack of a brain makes me laugh at how you just form into line like everyone else on this website.... You people need to wake UP! What is it going to take? Another HUGE terrorist attack on us? (don't mention false flags either.....) I just can't get over the fact that you people on this site are just so deprived of knowledge.... Don't bother to reply to me because I already know what you are going to say..... The same BS everyone on this website says... I will not respond to you or anyone else that replies or quotes me simply because I will get upset because my brothers and I are out there fighting and killing and dying for you!!! And you aren't even grateful that we are putting our lives on the line EVERYDAY and none of you could careless.... When we get hit again (and it will happen) I hope I'm that guy who responds to you lying there bleeding out from a shrapnel wound. Then maybe you might finally get it....

Good bye,
Reign

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join