It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you consider tall?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm just asking a rather pointless question. What do you consider tall? I'm 6 foot 7 inches, does that make me tall? Everyone says that I am tall since I was 6 foot 1 so what do you consider tall?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That's definitely tall. I am 6, 2" so you would be towering over me. Some people would refer to me as tall though. I'm not sure where the general starting point is for being tall.

Interestingly did you know you cannot become an MI6 agent if you are over 6 foot? Apparently it is to do with blending into crowds better. Although I would have thought you would want all shapes an sizes to be agents.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm 5'7" and I hate you both.

-TheAssoc.

edit on 2-10-2010 by TheAssociate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Short people have no reason. Remember the backlash from that song? Oooops, my age is showing, let me tuck that back in.

Tall is relative.

By the way, I am 23,456 rakets.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yep, you're friggin tall

I consider anyone who's over 6"1 tall...Im only 5"10

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think about 6ft 2ins and above is tall. A lot of people who claim to be 6ft don't appear to be very tall to me.

I wonder if I could ask a question since I'm here - this is something that's been puzzling me for ages.

A normal sized bed is about 6ft 2in long, isn't it? How does anyone tall manage to get a good night's sleep in an average size bed?

I'm only about a medium height, but I've got big feet and when I lay down, my toes just about hang over the edge of the bed. I don't like to sleep curled up because my legs get stiff so I started to feel very sorry for people taller than me, wondering how they could sleep if they couldn't stretch out.

Have any of you tall people thought of petitioning bed manufacturers to make longer beds? It seems to me that the population is generally getting taller, so I think anyone catering to the need would make a fortune.

Anyway, sorry to go off topic a bit - but I really would like to know what tall people think of this

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Misoir, 6' 7" doesn't make you tall. It makes you a mutant!

I'm 5' 11" and the only member of my paternal side of the family, in my generation, who is below 6'. So, at family reunions I am short, but in public I'm usually taller than most other guys I see (probably taller than 7 out of 10 ).

Oddly, the generation after mine ( second cousins ) is much shorter than our generation - usually averaging about 5' 6". So family reunions aren't as painful for me as they once were!

ETA: Saltheart, citing Randy Newman songs is wrong! WRONG!

edit on 10/2/10 by Hefficide because: short people got no reason

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I have to have a king size bed so I can sleep kittywamptus. They do make extra size beds but they are very expensive compared to just getting a king. Even with that, sometimes I wake up because my feet get cold when I shift around while sleeping.

Seeing that Misoir is even taller than I, you should get his input.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

It's called just dealing with it for me.

Although my grandfather is also 6'7" and he uses a large stool at the end of the bed with pillows.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was

5'7" at 12
5'10" at 13
5'11" at 14
6'1" at 15
6'4" at 16
6'7" at 17

I was always quite tall.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
According to this website; www.halls.md...

How tall are the national average height of men in America?

The average male American mens height is 177 cm, which is 69.7 inches,
which is approximately 5 foot - 10 inches tall. (for white males*).

I hope this helped.

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

I knew statistics but I was asking personal opinion. But thanks for the facts anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I consider men to be "tall" at around 6'3" and women to be "tall" at around 5'9"

It's all relative...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was all ways told I could stand flat footed and take a leak in the bed of a dump truck so at 6'10" I guess that makes me tall and Iv got the feet to match.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm 6'4 and i hate it haha.

Being tall is nothing but a burden in my life, nothing is designed to fit me, my bed is to short, the roof of my car is to low, every work bench i have ever worked at i had to hunch over.

Its no fun being a tall man in my opinion. I'm also about 270lbs so I'm tall and wide.

the world is uncomfortable for me, i can't imagine how the guy claiming to be 6'10 feels.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

The 6'10" thing dosent bother me its the size 18 shoes I have a problem with.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I usually consider tall to be anyone who I have to look up to I'm 6'5" so I would consider the OP tall I guess

When I live in Austria I felt like I was a relatively normal height, then when I lived in Greece I felt like a giant
Apparently the tallest people on average come from the Dinaric Alps so I'll be going there next time I want to get some jeans that fit me

edit on 2-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I was tall when I was young too, I hit my current height when I was 14 or 15 and that is 6'4".

Suffice to say I was one of the tallest in my school and towered over most of the year 12 students in year 8!

Was also the centre for the basketball team and ruckman in footy.

Being taller than the average Joe is great I reckon, even if my feet hang off the end of the bed.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: OL is 5ft 9in tall! OL considers anything more than 10% more than average to be tall and over 16.6% to be huge and medically at 20+% that person is a Giant! In Australia the average height is 5ft 9in [69in]...

Human Height [wiki]

So anybody over 6ft 4in is tall, over 6ft 6in is huge and over 6ft 9in is a giant!

P.S. Its not ones size... its how one uses it!

edit on 3-10-2010 by OmegaLogos because: edited spelling fail

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation:
nope..that maths was fail OL! :shk:

1st bit was aok...6ft 4in is 7in more than 5ft 9in...

but 2nd bit was a bit off... 6ft 6in isn't 11in more than 5ft 9in... 6ft 8in IS!

and finally last bit was way off dude... throw that dodgy solar calc in the trash mate... its done you no favours!

6ft 9in is about 2in shy of the real answer at 6ft 11in!

Personal Disclosure: Mr T. would pity my foo'ishness! :shk:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join