It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just get over the tea-party already

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yes because the massage was being crowded out by Keynesian economics peddlers on both sides of the aisle. Thank god for the internet. People are finally seeing what a crock Liberals and Neo-Cons have been feeding us. They don't care about the Constitution, or sound economics, or the concept of economic liberty. no, they only care about control and how to make money from it. And when a group of Libertarians rises up and fails to have the right pigment it must be a hate group.

I find that to be racist, intolerant bigotry. We have never turned away anyone because they were Hispanic or Black or whatever. I've never opposed anyone on their heritage or color, but on the content of their character. And when it comes to government, how they handle the stewardship of the state. And no matter the diversity that members like myself represent, to you we're just Uncle Toms, it is still just a racist movement.

I find that line of reasoning to be lacking in any form of intellectual honesty. It flies in the face of facts.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Abosulutely the best thing that has come out of politics in the last 25 years. When you folks think about it and look at both sides of the playing field both the Democrats and Republicans are seriously concerned. Why? Simple because they have no direction which is great for the voter. You have republicans that were fed up with Bush and his partners on wall street and big business and you have the Democrats that are now sick of how the government is pissing away money and breaking around a 101 campaign promises. You may here from time to time that the tea party has no definative leader or that there are basically compartments within the tea party which makes it impossible to categorize their agenda which translates into "if you are upset with your party their is someone else to go to that does not mean you do not necessarily have to abandoned all your idealogies. This scares the crap out of both of them and rightfully so. Both sides don't understand that people are fed up with both parties and the lies and the ability they have to pit one against the other...we are not falling for it anylonger.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Come Nov. I expect to see a shake up in both the House and the Senate as well as the Gov. races.
But the change will be that the TPM will support the GOP just like it was designed to by these guys.
www.sourcewatch.org...
www.nytimes.com...
Precious few independents will be elected. The TPM was coopted by the GOP and no one even noticed.
Nothing will change, the wars will continue with even new one implemented, taxes will not go down, but the right wing Conservative Fundys and the TPM will pat themselves on the back
claiming victory. Jobs will continue to be outsourced and the Corporatacracy of America will continue unabated toward Fascism. And the TPM will embrace it because they will interpreted it as a blow against Obama which is the motivating factor in the TPM. Racist? There is a broad element of the TPM that is racist wheather you want to admit it or not. I firmly believe that if McCain had of been elected and carried out the same policies as Obama, there would be no TPM. And the rightwing conservatives [TPM members] would have called the McCain protesters commies, leftwing loonies and unpatriotic, just like they did during the campaign.

There will be no return to the Constitution that the TPM likes to harp on; in fact there will be even more intrusion into our private lives, more govt. surveillancec expanded patriot act to restrict travel, vastly expanded DHS with an even bigger bureaucracy, not a smaller Government. The neocons and their PNAC marches on.

The sad thing is... The TPMs conservative ideology and their hatred for Obama has destroyed their ability to "deny Ignorance" and see the future that is going to overwhelm us, that in fact they will partially be responsible for.

God help us!

edit on 2-10-2010 by whaaa because: reloading

edit on 2-10-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

The fist 1 minute of your first video has the spokesman for the Progressive democrats of America advocating for one world government. I know you advocate this, but do you really think these people want anything but power for themselves?

They steal wealth from the working poor, the middle class, and the rich to pay for those who won't work and for those who scratch their backs. Any one world government that has these people calling the shots will just be another dictatorship.

The only new idea in modern history is the idea that one can government him/her self. Everything else is predicated on the idea of state control.

You second video is an example of why I can't take your post seriously. If you can't debate the points I've made like an adult then don't expect me to offer any credence to your argument.

Edit to add:

15 images from 10/2/10
directorblue.blogspot.com...

These people also left the national mall looking like a dump site:

edit on 3-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Image of 10/2/10 rally:
i.huffpost.com...

Image of 8/28 rally:

antzinpantz.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What broad element? Are you saying that the people I know, and meet with, and organize with are racist? Are you saying I'm racist?

Isn't the Tea Party supposed to hate Hispanic immigrants? Funny I've always felt welcome. Oh wait, they hate black people that's it....But if you google Black Tea Partiers you get a lot of results it seems...So it's not black people.

Who are we racist against? Oh wait, we're all a bunch of "race traitors and uncle toms."

This argument is pathetic and shows the lack of substance in your arguments. You have nothing left so you pull the proverbial [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/434aecb5398a.gif[/atsimg]

I hope you're proud of it. It's the only card you have left to play. Play it well.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

ingenious post and ingenious persona. the race card is ever present.

I love hearing from women and minorities who, I feel, make up the moral backbone of the tea party movement.

How ironic....

just as the 'alien' (ie: the great other) card is supposed to be the last trick on mankind by the nwo to enslave us....fear of the 'alien' (or other) has become the greatest insult, the last card if you will, in all political debate.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Well according to these people I don't exist. There are no Hispanic and black people at the Tea Parties, and the ones that are there are brainwashed Uncle Toms. Since they can't argue on fiscal responsibility, term limits, balanced budgets, Constitutional limitation, freemarkets, and individual rights, they choose to argue that we're all a bunch of racists.

Their precious Obama is antithetical to all of it, and in the end they all start resembling what people like me have been asserting for a very long time. Unabashed Statists.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Whoa Whoa Whoa!

Statists are first to oppress and marginalize. Statists are also the first to call for tolerance and understanding (especially when understanding means 'sit back, be pacified, and shut up').

Statists are the first to tax and redistribute. Statists are also the first to guarantee freedom! (especially when freedom means the freedom to take from another, via the long arm of government).

Statists are the first to taze and lock you away without charge. Statists are also the first to guarantee safety in your life and possessions (as long as that safety comes from the barrel of a police/military officer and not your own).

So I think you'll find the record is quite mixed

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Well then...I guess my characterization of my opposition isn't far off course is it?
I find it difficult to understand why anyone would want more government in their lives.
As if government does any good.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What I find amusing is the evolution of the Tea Party given the years since it began rallying against 'taxation without representation' as was announced many times. I used to think of them as a sound group of people who were deeply interested in and informed of government policy-making, taxation and the corruption that has plagued Wall Street for decades...but what has the Tea Party become now?

It has become discombobulated, broken apart with social agendas that have been used as a form of distraction... something that takes away attention from the ever growing fed. I absolutely depise what the Tea Party is now. They're absolutely useless...just a bunch of ranting estranged Republicans...that are more concerned about Obama's birth certificate..than the legislative motions taking places in congress. Motions that are destroying the very consitution that they claim to protect.

The Tea Party has been reduced to a political circus...with their head clown, Miss Christine O'Donnell in lead.

edit on 3-10-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The race card doesn't work anymore.

But by all means, keep trying to throw it......

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by whaaa

What broad element? Are you saying that the people I know, and meet with, and organize with are racist? Are you saying I'm racist?

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. But to deny that there is a racist element in the TPM is foolhardy. There are racists elements in all groups of people regardless of their ideology. Why did you take it so personally?

I could pull up the youtube videos of racist signs but we have all seen them. I understand you affection for the TPM
and your involvement in it and I am involved in a very spiritual Native American organization and there are racists even in that group.
It's a reality of human dynamics.

books.google.com...=o nepage&q=racism%20and%20human%20dynamics&f=false

My apologies to those that were offended by my opinions and observations, but look inward; do you feel something akin to anger towards me because my opinion differs from yours? Why is that? Tribal dynamics are a curious thing and very complex; And the fear and anger toward those we disagree with are endangering the very fabric of this nation.

Time to chill!

www.paulletourneau.com...

edit on 3-10-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Because you didn't say element. You said BROAD. As in all encompassing. I don't deny there are racists anywhere. But they are the minority ANYWHERE YOU GO. To harp on a group of people for the actions and words of a few when you know such is categorically rejected by the whole is disingenuous.

I'll bet you think everyone in the south is racist just because the Klan was born down there.

I'm not afraid of people who disagree with me. And yes it makes me angry when a diverse movement is painted as something it is not. It's gotta be racist because there's white people there right? Doesn't that sound pretty racist to you?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'll bet you think everyone in the south is racist just because the Klan was born down there.

I'll take that bet! How much?

Born and raised a Texan; I'm familiar with the society in the South.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

130 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities.
14 trillion in National Debt obligations.

That sounds like a bet to me.

Generalizations suck don't they.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Generalizations suck don't they.

Yes they do! Why do you choose to personalize it and make them about me?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You're the one who used the words 'Broad element'. Do you know what Broad means?
If it was a misunderstanding, then I get it. But it's your words.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I'll take that bet! How much?

Born and raised a Texan; I'm familiar with the society in the South.

Texas is considered South West, which is a completely differant culture then the Dirty South. The only relation the two have to do with each other is that they both have south in the name. Other then that you are about as differant as a New Yorker and a Californian.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

. Other then that you are about as different as a New Yorker and a Californian.

Why has this "discussion" transformed into a personal dissection of ME?

I thought there was something in the T&C about personal attacks and baiting? I made absolutely no personal reference to anyone. Why can't I be afforded the same respect? Especially by staff!

I guess I'm one of those "people like you" that needs to be singled out and put in my proper place according to the hierarchy. Not a position that I am unfamiliar with, I might add.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join