It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Udumbara Sighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
spotted these when I was renewing an old rim/spare tire and normally would have just blown them off and went along my merry way except I recalled reading about these in some various ancient eastern writings and related lessons about the fig tree, its flowers/buds and fruit online and was rather intrigued, so snapped a shot and hereforeto art thou a pic

SS-
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling

Mark-
Take a lesson from the fig tree. From the moment you notice its buds form, the merest hint of green, you know summer's just around the corner. And so it is with you. When you see all these things, you know he is at the door. Don't take this lightly. I'm not just saying this for some future generation, but for this one, too—these things will happen. Sky and earth will wear out; my words won't wear out.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Um, could you explain this a little better? I'm not seeing any particular relationship between these plastic threads from your tire rim and the mythically charged flowers of a particular kind of Fig. There's a vague resemblance, I suppose, but what makes you think these tiny things are flowers that normally grow only inside their fruit rather than... plastic threads, which is what they look like?

I looked again right after posting this, and I guess they actually look a lot like the flowers; where precisely did you see them?

edit on 2-10-2010 by Solasis because: arglebargle!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Hum... Looks like Rustami didn't took his pills.

I'd post a picture of a bird with a text claiming it's the proof of the Illuminati conspiracy, and it would be more coherent than THIS.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

that is a close up of a wheel or where the stamped center meets the rim, these are not plastic guaranteed

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

"scholar", hmm-

1Corinthians-
Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

like this one?-

edit on 2-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

How exactly would the flowers, which are notorious for growing on the inside of the fruit, appear on the tire/wheel? Are you positive theyr'e the flowers? Where do you live in the world? Does this fruit grow in your region of the world?

Tangentially, what's with the bible quotes out of nowhere explaining nothing?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

udumbara are related to the fig tree-hence the scriptures, the buds and flowers appearing is what according to many if not all eastern religions is a 3000 year old mystery, I've also heard that in China under the CCP, whomsoever rejoiced (non-athiest) at the spectacle have been persecuted even violently and whatever they appeared on taken away if possible, lots of information online about it- an inspirational subject to say the least

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

This may help explain it:

The Japanese word udonge (優曇華) was used by Dōgen Zenji to refer to the flower of the udumbara tree in chapter 68 of the Shōbōgenzō ("Treasury of the Eye of the True Dharma‎"). Dōgen places the context of the udonge flower in the Flower Sermon given by Gautama Buddha on Vulture Peak. The udonge flower may be symbolic of mind to mind transmission between the teacher and the student, in this case, Śākyamuni Buddha and Mahākāśyapa.[18]
Udonge is also used to refer to the eggs of the lacewing insect. The eggs are laid in a pattern similar to a flower, and its shape is used for divination in Asian fortune telling.[19]

en.wikipedia.org...(Buddhism)

This appears to have led to some confusion between the identity of the Udumbara flower and the Udonge as it refers to the eggs of the lacewing, leading some to believe that the lacewing eggs are actually flowers. The white stringy things on the tire iron appear to be these same eggs of the lacewing insect. There is a picture on the wikipedia page for the lacewing which shows them quite clearly (link below)

en.wikipedia.org...

Just to be sure, the confusion does not lie with the OP. It appears to be something that has occurred withing Buddhist culture. A previous thread noted a news story about a Chinese Buddhist nun who found such a 'flower' and proclaimed it to be the auspicious Udumbara flower:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
but as can be seen from the photo in the original article, this is the same lacewing insect eggs:
www.phenomenica.com...

I think that there may be some wishful thinking there amongst Chinese Buddhists that has exacerbated the confusion, but I don't think that anyone could blame them for being hopeful and looking for signs of change.

Peace
J

edit on 3-10-2010 by skjalddis because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2010 by skjalddis because: typo

edit on 3-10-2010 by skjalddis because: additional info

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I missed your thread in the early rush. Very beautiful. Following with interest the sightings and locations starting with 1997 in Korea and many in China in 2007 & 2008 & 2009 and one in California and one in Sydney in 2007.

Thought I saw the beginnings of one right here with me but the heat was still too great. Still looking though now that the weather is cooling.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Thanks and yes this was a good conversation starter (and interesting subject to me also) with a relative who is involved somehow with buddhism and martial arts stuff

this would be another in Texas assuming of course but I did read somewhere that these grow everywhere or something like that and this was up on the steel rim portion of a spare tire on an early Bronco

edit on 5-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Thankyou for that location - it helps me with my study of this beautiful tiny flower. I, too, have read what is available on the internet and remain fascinated with the 3000 years between sightings. It is a mystery to ponder and is a time-frame that holds particular interest for me because of changes in the earth and sky which are similar to experiences that ancient peoples had as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

if this is kind of thing rings your bell you would probably get a kick out of this (if have'nt already)
there are alot of different sites with various info-

www.ogleearth.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You may be interested in this thread who had the same subject with some more official reports about it in connection with Falun Dafa cultivators:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Thankyou for that link. I had read it and it is certainly very interesting. There is another story about Udumbara called 'Udumbara flower appears at Eutelsat headquarters in Paris.' This happened in 2009 with the flower growing on a side door and prompting meditators to call for a reopening of broadcasts to China by New Tang Dynasty Television. I had forgotten about the Paris sighting and the entire event is such a subtle yet overwhelming message. The NTDT had been the only broadcast to China not censored by the CCP.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Read your thread - very beautiful. I, too, am stunned by the parallels between the King of the Law Wheel and Jesus returning as a judge.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well, not Jesus being the judge but the faithful witness to the Lord of Lord´s doing the judgment. Many modern theologists have misinterpreted this. Jesus is the son of Yahweh, Jesus is not the Lord of Lords.

Anyway, the end times are here, I hope as many as possible welcome the change.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I thought I would add to this thread some sightings from 2011: both in October of this last year - one in Turkey and one in La Puente, CA.

gundem.milliyet.com.tr...

www.theepochtimes.com...

top topics

join