It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you find that you come to ATS less after this last "upgrade"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Absolutely.

I dont like this at all.

The original design, as you say, worked perfectly, this is just rubbish.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by badw0lf

I feel that way with Vista and 7.

I tried Vista and half my damn software will not work with it.

I think I will stay with my XP.

Hahaha, it was the general tone of the thread that reminded me of when we implemented major software changes where I used to work, during the changeover from a novell netware system using windows 3.11 workstations, to an NT network and windows NT workstations, back in the mid 90's. it was non stop complaining from the office staff who couldn't handle the new software, why did they need to change, things were working fine as they were... etc.

I bypassed Vista by the way
it's the baby that should have been ditched with the bathwater, but windows 7 is a lot easier to get to work with some software and failing that, there is always XP mode for those apps that just wont work !!

as for the layout here, to keep semi on topic
- I like it now. Well, so far anyway!! It's in a state of perpetual change at the moment!!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wow...

I feel so lonely!

I actually applaud the changes, and I find myself visiting more often!

I don't understand the "recent posts" complaint though, since there is a big button for it right at the top of every page...

Anyway, I guess I am a loner. I actually have been visiting more because of the changes...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have to agree I use the site less now and find myself browsing others looking for what I used to be able to find here. The new layout is not user friendly, its difficult to navigate & the simplification of titles takes away from what this site is all about.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I like the 'New Topics' button, before I would have to click on a post and scroll down to get to the new topics, and it wouldn't show all of them so this is one of these rare cases where change is actually good

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I gotta say that I preferred ATS website the way it was up until recently. I have been visiting this forum for over a year now and the new format is a backward move in my view.

Some times things change for the sake of change and not much other reason. If the ATS owners changed the format of the site due to a falling number of hits thats frine but then I wonder if they considered the possibilty of the effectiveness of the efforts of those posters who it seems are paid to undermine the facutal premise and logic of conspiracy sites per the video on ATS about the issue, as a contributing factor?

I see this change of the ATS site format as change for change sake which is usually backward. I see this kind of thing all too frequently and TV is a good example.

TV started of in comic book form, then came the "talkies" as I belive they were called, then came colour TV. Now it's really gone downhill with everything filmed in wobbly vision, with cameras right up in peoples faces, jerky zoomy images etc. I have now really gone off TV. These days I only watch the news, football and not much else.

cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
While I understand that the developers want a fresh face for ATS, I don't. The previous format was much more convenient and organized than what is currently set. I too want ATS to revert back.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
About the same.

The layout needs 2 more colors to help break up the 'run on' field of view, and they need to be altered (colors) to help add separation.
The MY ATS button is getting more use by me to refer to threads participated in.
There's some confusion but hey, 'it's not my site" !
The right column is missed, the pop out just doesnt seem inviting enough.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38
Absolutely.

I dont like this at all.

The original design, as you say, worked perfectly, this is just rubbish.

Quoted for truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I think most people grudgingly accept change.
I like the new format. It is cleaner and more visually appealing.
But what do I know? They keep taking my points away.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Why complain about something that is "free",
ET

Because there is an outlet for it. Because ATS wouldn't be so popular if people didn't like to complain and argue.

Don't be an ATS ADMIN butt kisser. This new look sucks so far, and they're making plenty of money from us coming on here and ranting about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
To me the 'old' format was easier to navigate So there.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The older format was much easier to navigate by far. It was simple and well organized. I liked the idea of having all the hot topics beside each thread with easy access. Also the quick access to all new threads was very attractive. In short, out with the new and in with the old!

edit on 3-10-2010 by born2BWild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i agree with the op 100% i used to visit ATS everyday, i would check the site atleast every hour for new topics, i think you guys killed it, its a complete FAIL, i hate the new layout, i visit this site like every week now, and it seems like its always the same garbage topics, Its really horrible , whoever made it should be ashamed of themselves for the crappy job they did, not only that, i'm sure this site has lost many of its members because of it

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It's true, they completely ruined the site. The older simple original layout was perfect, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Do you find that you come to ATS less after this last "upgrade"?

Nope, same amount.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well since everyone's talking about it, I gotta say, I preferred the old layout. I find myself forgetting to click the pop out menus on the right of the screen. And this may be my computer, but it seems when I pop out the top right menu with current top threads, I cannot scroll all the way down to view all of them. It was so much easier before, to "at a glance" see who the active, top member, and new threads were. IMHO, of course.

If there was a vote, mine would definitely be for the old layout, most of the changes have been nice, but this "pop out menu" format is a complete change that will take some time getting used to. I've been hoping it was a temporary try out type of thing, but hope is fading.

Other than that ATS is still my favorite most visited site I go to.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I only ever came to ATS for the opportunity to talk with other people on the subjects of interest to me & learn things.

I stayed for the members, the info & the platform to share my own ideas.

The ATS comics (nothing against mr.mask) I feel is bollocks unless they have multiple authors posting multiple comics, conspiracy chicks is only ok with me if they still use the traditional ATS news for something decent, I miss the pale sketchy newsreader....can't even remember his name...

I like the new topics menu when it was drop down why they decided to play with it further and stick us with the + menus I don't understand. The pop out side bars are fine, quote reply etc all fine, I don't like all the green & other colour choices and I HATE the my ATS page...

all that aside, ats peeps already stated that things were still being changed, I'd expect another month or so of development at the least.

I don't like the recent trend of stupid threads but it seems like most of these have come from members who've been here at least a few years...not the new crowd...but those are just my observations...

With regards to whether I come here less than before, when the changes first came into play I hated it & definately logged in less, visiting only quickly to see nothing much interesting then leave again.....

but recently, I've been coming here more, and its because I haven't been getting much work lately, lots of time at home...as it stand now I don't really care what the site looks like as long as I can still gain the same quality discussions that used to be available here, whether the quality of threads will continue to dwindle, remains to be seen.

Just what my 2 cent happens to be today....

-B.M

edit on 3/10/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
Don't be an ATS ADMIN butt kisser.

Ya, I'm sure they love me.

This new look sucks so far, and they're making plenty of money from us coming on here and ranting about it.

You corporate sell out.

Don't get me wrong, there are some things I do not like, I'm just reserving complaints for when everything is phased in. I do like that the labels for friend or foe are no longer available. I sort of like the new u2u pop up, and the messages we get when someone replies directly to one of our posts, with the hotlink embedded into the message.

I just think we don't know everything that is going on behind the scenes to improve the site, and it seems like more negativity than compliments sometimes to me. I just think many many hours and effort went into taking into consideration advice given threads like: ATS/BTS what would you like to see in the future?

I have seen many times where the staff and admin have taken into account what the majority of the community wants and made it happen. It's possible they are actually listening.

These are some of my thoughts,
ET

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation

Yes I find myself visiting less often because of the changes made to the site. After 3 years of the previous layout I am really turned off by the changes.

The site was so easy to navigate before the changes but now it is just a big cluster#$%&.

I loved how there was the column to the right with top topics, hot topics, and new topics and I liked being able to go to the forum home to see all of the up and coming threads on the left column.

Maybe I am over reacting but it seems like the new layout would be a nightmare for a new user to navigate...

I will probably get used to it but at the moment it turns me off...

You said it better than I.

Maybe it is because I use excel allot and prefer columns because it is a superior way to present data vs. this cluster of information bleed-over that I see now. To me, an upgrade is supposed to be that... an upgrade, not a step back. I guess the site owners have to balance information presentation vs. pretty graphics.

Considering it is an informational website, I would have thought data presentation would have won

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join