It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Road to Serfdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Daniel Hannan MEP unleashes yet another epic speech decrying the tyranny of the EU.

Daniel explains why competition between States is the only way to ensure States do not grow completely out of control. (by the way, his opening jokes are hilarious.)

You may remember Daniel from this utra-epic mini speech which garnered 2 million views on YouTube alone:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

man o man i like this guy and i wish he was here

i have watched that guy for the past 2 years and that dude knows more about american history and finance than the majority of americans do.

mem you provide a vaulable service to ats keep it up man

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

i like how he talks about being the man from the future warning us to go back. haha. this guy is just too awesome.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

For starters, we've got to get rid of voting machines and get back to paper ballots. A vote of no-confidence on the current voting system is critical to regaining the power of the people.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

i like how he talks about being the man from the future warning us to go back. haha. this guy is just too awesome.

Yeah, Dan is definitely one of my favorite speakers to listen to.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would be pretty mad if I was in Europe, I wouldn't want my country to have anything to do with the EU.

S+F

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Can someone give mnmeth1 an applause? mnmeth1 I typically hate everything about your threads but this one is simply amazing! I am a little more than half way through the first video and this is so far outstanding, he is so correct that it's scary!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I find it interesting that you like what Dan has to say, since he's saying pretty much what most of the small government libertarians have been saying this whole time.

Dan's argument is that large central governments have no check on their power, and the only thing that keeps them in check is outside competition.

Dan is pretty much saying we should abolish the federal government - and I totally agree with him.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I began to take interest at about the 12 minute mark when he was talking how they have stopped caring about ordinary people because they are so far away from them. I was the preach about decentralization that I really liked about his speach and also that he was quoting Jefferson several times since Jefferson is my favorite founding father.

But yeah I knew it was a Libertarian speech, I really respected him when he said that sure the welfare state with all those perks such as unemployment benefits, universal health care and paid vacation are good but simply not sustainable. I respect that opinion over just saying that is for lazy people. That made me listen more and respect his opinions.

But it was a really good video, it gave me something to think about and I love thinking.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thanks, I'm glad I could provide you with a source of enlightening and entertaining information.

join