It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Rick Sanchez Insinuate that Jews run the US Media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sanchez Fired for Calling Jon Stewart a Bigot

Sanchez dismisses it when Dominick points out that Stewart, who is Jewish, is also a minority.

"I'm telling you that everyone who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart, and to imply that somehow they, the people in this country who are Jewish, are an oppressed minority?" Sanchez said, adding a sarcastic "yeah."

"I can't see someone not getting a job these days because they're Jewish," he said.

When he says those that run the media are 'a lot like Stewart' he says it during the 'jewish' discussion. So it looks like he's saying the Jews run the US Media. Am I reading this wrong? Is that what he's saying? Or is he saying they are bigots (which he just called Stewart)? Or .... ???

I agree that Jewish folks are not an opporessed minority in the bulk of this country. Unless you head to someplace like Alabama where the editorials in the Huntsville newspaper had people writing in saying they'd never vote for Lieberman because he was Jewish and not Christian.

But that they run the media? Dunno about that. A lot of the media doesn't exactly paint Israel in a good light and it leans heavy towards blaming Israel over the 'palestinians' when it comes to the mid-east violence (when in fact both parties have made bad errors there).

So .. did he say that Jews run the US media? He didn't give proof except his own experience I guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes that was what he was implying and that's rightfully so because it's the truth, but rather he should have said Zionists. There are pleanty of Non-Zionist Jews so to include them in that group is crazy.

edit on 10/2/2010 by Misoir because: Because original statement sounded bigoted

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

First...

WELCOME BACK!!!

Second and On Topic..

Yep, that is what he said and for me it is simple...

Bigotry is rampant and not exclusive to ATS...

Unless it is jealousy??, I just can't get my head around why anyone would care what God I pray too.. Are their lives so empty they have to worry about mine?

Sheesh...

Semper

edit on 10/2/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
there are like what.. 5 different companies that own ALL the media? (not even kidding)
and there all owned by the same families too. some of them are jewish to my knowledge.
you'll find heaps of info on this site

Vigilant Citizen

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
there are like what.. 5 different companies that own ALL the media? (not even kidding)
and there all owned by the same families too. some of them are jewish to my knowledge.
you'll find heaps of info on this site

Vigilant Citizen

here's some info from a year and a half ago:

pakalert.wordpress.com...

even still, CNN is famous for "hyping-up" and "glorifing" things like this.

it gives the perfect "Theory - anti-Theory" setup to keep people in "wonderment".

is it possible that Sanchez was leaving CNN anyway (as MANY have already) ??

what a perfect way to have him "exit" the scene!

great advertising and ratings boost!

REMEMBER: this whole thing is a "Fox in the henhouse" (no pun intended).

if CNN did not want YOU to see or hear this "exchange", they would have simply cut off the 7-second delay stream
and shouted "technical problems" RIGHT?

i wonder if CNN got a premium price for advertising on Sanchez's last show(s)?

the whole thing was planned and seems to have been successful.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
if CNN did not want YOU to see or hear this "exchange", they would have simply cut off the 7-second delay stream
and shouted "technical problems" RIGHT?

I didn't even think of that. You are right. If they didn't want it out they could easily have cut it. It's time delayed.
So there may be more to this then what it looks like. Interesting.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That'd make sense except it wasn't on CNN, it was on Pete Dominicks show, which is on satellite radio.

Which, at least I think, is not time delayed. I could be wrong.

It's kinda sad to hear he is off CNN now, I think he is a putz, but he was always very entertaining and fun to call stupid.

But more on topic:

I thought it was common knowledge that Jewish people own the media. Not trying to be bigoted or anything, but I honestly thought people of Jewish background own a lot of them.

edit on 10/2/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: add the last part

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Michael Eisner - Chairman of the Walt Disney Company

Gerald Levin - CEO of AOL Time Warner

Peter Chernin - President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Edgar Bronfman - Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd

Edgar Bronfman - Jr, President of Seagram Company Ltd and also head of Universal Studios.

Sumner Redstone - Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc.

Dennis Dammerman - Vice-Chairman of General Electric.

Technically, these few people collectively run the majority of western media, and are all in fact Jewish. It's not like Sanchez is saying something too far off the mark, on THAT aspect at least.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

" Yes that was what he was implying and that's rightfully so because it's the truth, but rather he should have said Zionists. There are pleanty of Non-Zionist Jews so to include them in that group is crazy. "

I Agree with you . Who would of Thunk it ? ......

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
In this example, I don't believe Sanchez was saying derogatory things about Jews in general; he was stating that to refer to Jon Stewart as a "typical minority figure" is wrong because the idea of minority in this context refers more to unrepresented and groups under oppression. So he is right that Jews in the US are not minority figures in that sense because they are not oppressed and they tend to excel in the Media industry.

To those who feel there is nothing wrong with saying "Jews control most of the media" because it is factual. The question is whether another group of people would be viewed in the same negative light as Jews are when their high positions are brought into question. For example, if it was found that there are many Chinese people in positions of power and influence in the Manufacturing Industry in the US, would people be fine with saying that the Chinese run the Manufacturing Industry? I doubt Chinese communities in the US would be fine with these comments.

It's not always about what one says, but rather how they say it. Unlike many posters on this forum, Sanchez was not criticising Jews for holding positions of power and was not implying having Jews in control of the Media was a bad thing (because they are Jews.)
edit on 4/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: fixed terminology and spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A lot of people were saying that he was being antisemitic and was trying to say all Jews (even at CNN) are bigots like Stewart but that isn't even close to what he meant. As I said before, He was responding to the point about John Stewart being a minority that relates to Sanchez' alleged racial anguish. He disagreed, and pointed out that Jews are powerful and run the media.

That's what he meant when he said a lot of people that run CNN and other networks are like Stewart.

They are Jewish.

He was certainly was insinuating that Jews run the media though, but his anger at John was the real issue.

He later said:

"When I say that about someone like John Stewart, somebody way out there in the left, that they can be prejudicial, I am not saying that has to do with whether they are Jewish or not Jewish, you brought the Jewish conversation into this."

In an attempt to switch focus back to John and not have this be taken as a broad swipe at all Jews. Insulting John Stewart isn't antisemitic, any more than John Stewart insulting George Bush is racist.

I already mentioned all of this in another thread here, but to quote some of what I wrote in it about Sanchez alleged antisemitism, I'd like to again show the LA Times article written by a Jewish author who not only acknowledges Jews control the media, but wants them to revel in it.

Who runs Hollywood? C'mon

How deeply Jewish is Hollywood?

When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah.

The person they were yelling at in that ad was SAG President Alan Rosenberg (take a guess). The scathing rebuttal to the ad was written by entertainment super-agent Ari Emanuel (Jew with Israeli parents) on the Huffington Post, which is owned by Arianna Huffington (not Jewish and has never worked in Hollywood.)

And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them.
Joel Stien - LA Times

Why acknowledging this means you are antisemitic is beyond me, when it is a reality, but this is what REALLY got him fired.

Getting fired for calling John a bigot on a radio show when CNN has (and had) a ton of other hotheads screaming out insults on a regular basis?

Come on.

He can call John a bigot, it's not a big deal.

- Lee

new topics

top topics

join