It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s War on Women Turns 30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
September 25 marked the 30th anniversary of the Chinese One Child Policy. Affecting 1.3 billion people, it is the most massive, systematic human rights atrocity in history. It doesn’t matter whether you are pro-choice or pro-life on this issue. No one supports forced abortion, because it’s not a choice.

On September 25, 1980, the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party sent its open letter to party members setting forth its plan to control the population. The letter states that the new Policy would be temporary, lasting 30 years.

Liping grew up under the One Child Policy in Henan Province, yet she had no concept of its true brutality until she became one of its victims. At age 23 she was seven months’ pregnant with a baby she and her family very much wanted. Although this was her first pregnancy, she did not possess a government-issued birth permit. She was walking down the street one day and was stopped by family planning officials, beaten and dragged to a hospital. There she was roped to a sickbed and forced to abort. When she cried for help, the hospital staff beat her again. Although her baby had received a poison injection to the skull during labor, it “cried mournfully for some minutes, and later the crying ceased.”

When the nurse told Liping that her baby was dead, she fainted. When she regained consciousness, “there was a doctor standing by my bed and asking for money to ‘get rid of the fetus’ body.’ I said I had no money and so they just used a plastic bag to wrap my baby and put it beside me.” She concluded, “I could not imagine that I would be deprived of my human rights like this in a society ruled by law.”

Source: www.theepochtimes.com...

join